Up-Votes Needed Devs: Your Bat Race bugs out

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Imaginos, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Imaginos Dedicated Player

This happens rarely but sometimes when you start the race the rings slow you down as if they've put you into combat and it takes some time to speed back up, only to be slowed down again at the next ring as soon as you pass through it.

It gets very annoying because the only way to reset it is to either finish the race, with a time of around 2:40:00 due to the slowdowns, zone, log out and back in, or swap phases. You can't exit the bat form normally because there is no "return to normal" button, just the 'fly in a circle" button.
    • Like x 9
  2. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Not a bug, you touched the ground, a tree, a wall, a roof or something else. All transformation races are the same, any impact will slow you down.
  3. Imaginos Dedicated Player

No
    No I didn't. This has happened right as the race starts and I ALWAYS fly up a fair bit so that I'm nowhere near the ground or other players as much as possible. Even if I did touch the ground or a wall, God knows I've bumped into a few during the flight, that slow down goes away and does not come back unless you touch something else and doesn't happen EVERY circle regardless of what's nearby.

It's Impossible to hit something on some of those circles. This IS a BUG.
    • Like x 1
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I have not experienced this firsthand, but I saw someone asking about it in Gotham last night. They described the same issues you have.
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Upvoted because I have experienced the same. Had to give up, teleport, run other stuff, then came back and was fine. So once out of 10 runs basically
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I have had this happen a few times. Changing phases worked as a fix too.
  7. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I get this bug, but only with my skimming character. I've had it twice with him (he's my only skimmer) and not at all with the others I've run it with. I don't know if it's movement mode dependent or not, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
  8. MiLady Well-Known Player

I had this happen to me sometimes also. I thought it was from bumping with other players. I'll keep an eye for possible causes.
  9. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I just watched this happen to a streamer (SophieFatalTV) when John tried to run the race. Video evidence. He wasn't hitting anything, just slowing for no reason.
  10. VariableFire Loyal Player

Do you have Flash and/or Professor Zoom as support allies? Try unequipping them. I had this problem the first few days but I haven't had it occur since so it might be a coincidence.
  11. Kestral Committed Player

It's the same bug that shows up on the valentines flight race then. No clear reason why it happens but it does randomly.
  12. HymanRosen New Player

On the PC, the backslash key ( \ ) exits races.
    • Like x 1
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Had this happen twice today on two different characters. Very annoying. Took me 2:30 to finish. That's 1:40 more than my best time.