Devs: Why won't you live stream anymore?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Aug 17, 2022.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Do you hate us?

In all seriousness. There is obviously a great deal of new devs on the team. And still I'm sure some long time members. But why don't you guys ever stream for the community anymore. It's kind of sad. It would be nice to introduce some of the new devs to the community. Just feels disconnected. The activity on the forums by a few devs lately has been good but what happened to all the live streams for new caps. New content. New whatever.

Beuller? Beuller?
    • Like x 8
  2. Proxystar #Perception

No, they just hate you specifically.. haha nah

Jokes aside, some more streams would be nice.
    • Like x 5
  3. Eve YouTuber

I miss the Dev streams on Fridays where they summon bosses in open worlds and talk to the chat. It would be great to have these again! Even without Oceans :(
    • Like x 4
  4. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

The FNL Legends tour days were fun as hell, too bad LPVP is completely dead.
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

There's a good question. Will ExtraLife livestreams return later this year?

In general though, livestreams are a good way to advertise the game, otherwise you are fully reliant on the community (or occasionally YouTubers with a big following will stumble across DCUO) to advertise the game (for better or worse) for you.

We also haven't had a 'from-the-office' livestream in a very long time. It would have been a good opportunity with this Homecoming seasonal update to give it a little hype to players interested in the upcoming update.
    • Like x 2
  6. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Sadly I Doubt we will EVER See another Live-Stream
    We haven't had one in soo long i forgot what the last one was. Seems the Decline of the Game may be looming.
    I mean When they don't even care enough to live stream simple Time Capsules anymore. :(
    • Like x 1
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. zNot Loyal Player

I 100% agree especially with the new devs introduction would love to know who the new devs are.
    • Like x 1
  9. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

It certainly would make stalking them a lot easier. Right now it's a guessing game if you're following the right people and going through the right trash bins. Somehow I doubt anyone that works at Daybreak would eat THAT much Whatabunrger, but maybe they do?

WE HAVE TO KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!!
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I miss FNL. My league was showcased with the PvE casual play with the devs. <3

I also enjoyed Oceans and Megzilla streaming too. Too bad they are gone. I am curious if they will still do extralife. Will it just be Mepps?
    • Like x 1
  11. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

I wonder if they got extra pay for fnl.. that night time was deff outside their hours
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Do we even know if we have a new CEO and lead content designer yet?
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

https://www.dimensionalink.com/careers

The DI careers page doesn't look too optimistic.

Don't even know at this stage if we have new content designers besides Quixotic and JackFrost. Maybe we'll find out when next episode hits test?
  14. Eve YouTuber

The Content Designer job doesn't specify It's for DCUO though like the art jobs for example. But yeah I haven't looked in awhile, what happened to all the employees from the Marvel Game? o_O
  15. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It says Unreal 3 experience on most of them though. I dont think there are lead designers from the Marvel team that havent left to work with Jack the ripper, but this is just me speculating
    • Like x 1
  16. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Its hard enough to find devs for simple projects this days and they need to find multiple devs to work on a engine that doesnt get support anymore.

I personally wouldnt join a project with this kind of system
  17. zNot Loyal Player

It seems like lead designer is still empty https://www.dimensionalink.com/careers/view/6257993002 its needed for austin,texas so that should be dcuo?

Theres 4 spots for dcuo the other 7 dont say dcuo but they are for austin texas which is the studio where the dcuo teams works at right? Last time charon respond about this was on my thread back in march
  18. zNot Loyal Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...dcuo-dev-team-get-larger.321853/#post-4494926
    Charon listed 6 spots that were empty at that time (excluding the people and culture one) so now they are looking for just 4 if we go by the ones which say DCUO.

Looks like they have found a Systems designer and FX artist.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I'm sure we'll stream again soon.
    • Like x 8
  20. FamilyGuyHero97 New Player

Game ain't going anywhere lol I'm sure they will find new devs Rockstar games had alot of devs leave as well devs come and go its just part of business they will find more. I'm sure they already have some new devs but r keeping them secret for now