Devs...why do people only want precision based dps for your elite raids?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jay Smeezy, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Lord Of 5 Well-Known Player

The Lord says just bring back AM's and this problem will be solved.
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

We don't need them to undo yet another change just to get back on square one again, it's already happened far too many times. Instead, they should actually make the combat-related updates that the Revamp were missing when rushed out early in the first place, and stop selling us Combat updates through Artifacts that ends up causing further imbalance.

Enough is enough.
    • Like x 2
  3. Lord Of 5 Well-Known Player

The Lord would rather go through a change if it really meant to going back to square one. The Lord of 5 means 2011 square one. No Augments or artifacts or even exobytes. Where you used your weapon as much as your powers. Before free to play. When you had to buy a disc to play this game.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

2011-square one isn't AM's. You said "go back to AM's". Whatever we go back to won't work if a change isn't made toward the whole Artifact-system and it's current impact on performance across all roles, which is a point reiterated in my last reply. Like I said, enough is enough.
    • Like x 1
  5. AV Loyal Player

Tough love for the people QQing that prec is broken: It's not... you're just a **** DPS if you can't keep up or surpass it with might (excepting the few powers that lean prec instead of might, but even then...). These threads are always as cringe as can be. People need to stop whining for nerfs/changes to things about which they know nothing. Top might players and top prec players are currently balanced within a reasonable margin of error. There is no "problem."
    • Like x 2
  6. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

This is so very out of touch and just goes to show why so many people don't bother coming on here trying to get things fixed anymore. Dual Wield is in the same place in comparison to Might as it was before the supposed Weapons Balance. I'm a main might DPS, and I wholeheartedly concede I can not and will not be able to keep up on boss damage in a DM E run w/ a good prec unless a troll is running a Claw and Tetra for me. It's simply not possible unless the prec DPS has 0 survivability. I am further convinced just because I have been prec for the last few weeks with a 200 Strategist, I have been prec for SM, and was prec for the release day of this DLC. Dual Wield Bow Flurry has every advantage in every area as far as single target burn, yet people who apparently have been living under a rock defend it to the grave thinking might is actually balanced with it on single target. The only power that can keep up with a good prec right now without having a troll running only might artifacts is Nature. Let's call that balance lol.

Maybe I'm just a **** might DPS too. Most people don't seem to think so though.

Edit: Friend gave me a good idea. Why not just come run a DM E or two? I'll stay prec, and let's see how well your might does since you're so confident there is balance.
    • Like x 6
  7. gemii Dedicated Player

precision overall is in a okay spot though. thread title should of specifically targeted dual wield precision users who flurry shot dont put prec in as a whole because flurry shot is the main source of the issue with prec not other weapons.

Simply lower the damage of the flurry shot weapon combo or remove the jump canceling aspect of the weapon. problem solved
    • Like x 2
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

How would you figure it's in a good spot? are you just recently coming back to the game after a long break?

Before the weapons "update" the WM meta was dominated by 3 weapon combos. 1) Bow>Smokebomb 2) DW>Flurry Shot 3) Dw>Explosive Shot and after the "update" the WM meta is now dominated by 3 weapon combos 1) 2h Doomspin 2) DW>Flurry Shot 3) Dw>Explosive Shot

How is that in a good spot lol? the entire point of the update was to bring weapons closer in line and now have ones that were infinitely greater than other combos to present options. Nothing is even close to doomspin, that's practical to use, and flurry shot maybe saw a 2% nerf but is still infinitely better than any other single target alternative.

There are maybe 1-3 powersets out of the 15 for might that will parse anywhere CLOSE to what a Doomspin prec will and that doesn't count the fact that in raids prec dps are even stronger because they would have the troll passive buff active where if might dps want a buff they have to have a claw troll and even then it still buffs the prec dps just as much.
    • Like x 1
  9. AV Loyal Player

The one "advantage" prec has over might is that it's **** simple and universal, so the knowledge part is already done for us in regards to the skill+knowledge factor that determines how well any given player performs in any given situation. There's very little to know and not much flexiblity. If you can perform with prec but not might, it sounds like you have the skill component but that you need to go back to the drawing board for your might loadout/rotation.

Every power has approx 3.8 Trillion unique loadout permutations without even factoring in rotation which itself has a massive impact on output... it's also why it's really easy for us to get too comfortable thinking we have the best loadout/rotation under the sun when it may actually be just average (which is really easy to do by mistake when most of the DPS in the game are truly, truly atrocious).

I know people in pretty much every power who are on par with the best DPSs in the game. It's about actually knowing one's power and testing the living **** out of it. And lolno, nature is not by a long shot the only power than can "keep up with a good prec" in ST. Christ. The number one problem with might is one of perception and hysteria wherein most of the DPS in this game are just so utterly bad that they can be trounced by anyone with the first clue what they're doing even if they're far from optimal, so the actual outlier players seem broken in comparison and we end up with non-stop QQ nerf threads. This, combined with the time it takes to test and learn powers, leads to a culture of not talking about loadouts/rotations or really anything openly, perpetuating prec dependence because it's a super easy cookie-cutter build that can work passably on any power.

Don't trust what anyone in this game thinks when it comes to your performance. Try and analyze the hell out of your power. I've been the same power since the game released and still learn useful new tricks/variations all the time. Most DPS in DCUO are so bad they're doing like 40-50% (or less) of the DPS they ought to be doing, so performance relative to others is worse than useless as a metric for DPS comparison and a one-way ticket to mediocrity. It's too easy to get a "good enough" build that crushes most players when most players can't DPS their way out of a wet paper bag.
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

for starters i said okay spot, not good not great (okay spot).

lets not pretend the the weapon update was a step backwards because it wasnt, players will flock to whatever is doing the most damage regardless that doesnt mean other weapons arent in better spots. even if you look at it as baby steps its a push in the correct direction

before the update you wouldnt even think about touching any of the other weapons

after the update you have more options even if they wont put you top of the leaderboard because thats all players really want to see their name at the top and if that weapon or power wont do that for them they look elsewhere even if that power/weapon would still be decent enough to use.

This game is damage chase universe online period. And in every video you post you supply them with the drug and encourage the community to doomspin/flurry shot instead of encouraging them to push for this almighty balance your looking for.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Im not saying i disagree with you, but you'll never get people using other weapons when the developers put in cheap mechanics like burn checks into content.

The most avid players of this game play elite content where the most burn checks exist, they're always going to use whatever weapon, power or loadout burns the quickest because it passes the content.

In most cases that's bow flurry not only because of its ST capabilities, but because of its mobility.

This then flows down to other regular content where more players get exposed to it and when they see how great it is the bandwagon is created despite the fact you could get away with sub optimal play in regular content to a far greater degree, you could even play around with a shield etc.

Several people are right in here though there are a lot of people in this game that are just truly, truly awful, i mean no disrespect to them but they are really bad.

Ive seen numerous groups running on this past double weekend that just seem to struggle immensely, i saw one ice guy running around in circles and chasing orbs instead of killing hawkman doing god knows what in the opposite corner of the map. :D
    • Like x 2
  12. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

This is very correct. The gap between the "Top Few" and "The Rest" has shrunk. We can try and do more enjoyable weapon varieties and not be punished as badly. Instead of there being a few in S-Tier, and the rest in B, C, and D-Tier, we now have there being a few in S-Tier, and the rest being in A, B, and C-Tier.
    • Like x 1
  13. gemii Dedicated Player

Its not broken its an over achieving combo. remove all your artifacts and do your flurry rotation while tapping only the weapon buff power and your numbers are still mighty high. mid 20's territory and thats without cola buff, without tornado pull and without phase dodge, and no artifacts equipped.
  14. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I don't need a lecture. We know in game who some of the best people with certain powers are. It's common knowledge given how small the community is. I'm just saying, if you're going to make such remarks about how bad people are and how might can keep up with prec and how some people may not have the requisite "skill component," come prove it yourself. If not, then keep talking with no credibility. I'm more than willing to run in game and show I know my power and what I'm doing to back up what I say.
    • Like x 4
  15. kingmasternova Loyal Player

If the remove might & precision, just use damage per second (DPS)
    Things would be more balance
  16. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Have you ever seen the beauty of 5, 6, 7 dual wield flurry shot spammers in synchronized precision attack ballet? Or what about the amazing wonderment of multiple two-handed doom spin twirlers? or a mix of each of those in a raids
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. AV Loyal Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.

Ha. Tuck your epeen away, champ. It's not a lecture and it's also "common knowledge" that most DPS in this game are pretty bad. I didn't say that you were bad but you are the one complaining you can't compete with prec so sort your own **** out. Sick of this weaksauce "b-b-but flurry shot and doomspin" bs all the gd time.

PS. We have already run together.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Send scrim bruh :p

Kidding my scrims are on ignore, too many people trying to fight me... :(
    • Like x 3
  19. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

It's not an ego thing. You're the one making condescending comments towards the community. I'm just interested in proving my point about might vs precision, and suggested an option to test it out. If you're so confident about keeping up with prec, why not just come prove it? You seem to have it all figured out, so I don't see why not. If you're actually willing to back up your claims and prove me wrong, just pm your in game name or add me in game and invite to chat.
    • Like x 4
  20. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I'd like to think this has more noble intentions than the Watchtower kids :(
    • Like x 2