Devs...why do people only want precision based dps for your elite raids?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jay Smeezy, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

No, the way to do is to make it not be possible to jump cancel.
    • Like x 3
  2. gemii Dedicated Player

Don’t blame the powers blame the artifacts. Hated them from the jump they should of kept it at group buffs and stat increases instead of all the extra fancy stuff. But it makes them money who am I to judge

This is like the calm before the storm. Just wait until next double xp weekend when the litter of electric precision and nature might come storming out with their brand new rank 200 strat/trans card artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's a player "monkey-see-monkey-do" created mentality. There are quite a few Single Target might builds that can very much compete with Flurry Shot...but if you're going for any feat that requires you to avoid killing anything other than the boss, Flurry Shot will get the job done without much splash damage. Also Flurry Shot has another Advantage, low power consumption, which means you can use a Troll with the Claw Artifact without worrying too much about lack of power.

A small number of players decide on what the new meta is, and others follow like lemmings. Instead of forming their own groups or forming circles of trusted decent players people just capitulate to the few...just like with every other negative trend in this game. The Devs are game engineers, they can't design around that kind of mentality.
    • Like x 4
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

No one in that raid is doing 90-140k dps my dude. You literally commented on prec and you said yourself, you know 0 about it. I don't know that dude, but I've ran with him a few times, so I do know. You don't.
    You all are hypocrites. Nothing is doing that much damage. Been like that for a year, I will admit, it's a little worse because of the crit artifact, but that dude has been doing that since revamp and all I see is qq about prec. With no proof I might add. I post a nature dps who is doing 90-140k dps and you're argument is he is helping the group. If that was prec, players heads would explode
  5. AV Loyal Player

Some players, for whatever reason, are just profoundly ignorant and have no idea what different powers are capable of. Some powers are forced to lean on prec due to bugs/behaviour but plenty are just fine going might and there isn't nearly the disparity some would have you believe. Seeing someone indicate that they're "prec" or say what their power is is a massive red flag because it's basically saying "I don't know enough about the game to realize this doesn't matter," same for when people are looking for prec for their group.

The average DPS is doing 50% or less of their actual damage potential, so anything remotely above average just seems amazing to them and we get these cookie cutter builds.
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Broken things aside the biggest issue I reckon is Might Powers inability to be as mobile while retaining damage output, some powers are still non interruptable (as in the player can't cancel) and that's why you hear of people saying "stuck in animation" of course whether or not they should possibly be using those powers during certain fights is another matter, but nevertheless they're there.

Following the recent weapon pass a number of other weapons did become somewhat viable but the reason you still see dual wield being used the most is because of its mobility and the fact it obtains maximum advantage of things like the VWD.

It seems to have settled down quite a bit since the weapon pass and the biggest issue only arises when content is developed that disproportionately favors one playstyle over another creating artificial difficulty for one group of players that doesn't exist with the other, avoiding that is all that really matters.

Of course there is a subset of players that will also scour the game for broken or unintended things, possibly the nature issue being highlighted here in this thread, but highlighting something that is broken doesn't justify another, if you want something fixed then submit the information for the developers to take a look at, they can decide.
    • Like x 5
  7. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

No, you don't. As evidenced in your own thread you started about that specific nature dps.

It has already become pretty obvious whenever someone comments about your precious DW flurry shot you come in trying to divert attention from it. Are all the things you bring up totally ok and balanced? No, but so isn't your DW flurry shot WM.
    • Like x 5
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Ironically, the one boss that's a DPS check (DMe 2nd boss) is easier to DPS and beat with might as the embers tend to aggro to those moving and jumping (including jump cancelling) whereas a might DPS who stands perfectly still and just does their rotation will have little trouble with the embers.

Edit: not necessarily saying it's easier to beat with ALL might DPS as the embers wouldn't just aggro to nobody. But individually, a person who is might in a group with other prec DPS would have it easier and probably even end up with as much or more boss damage than the prec DPS's as they have a much lower risk of dying and don't lose damage numbers kiting and avoiding embers.
  9. Krytin Active Player

No you didn't ask for a nerd you were asking all powers to do the same things that is what I was getting at
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i don't want to have to lean on anything. i'm not about might vs precision. i want my power fixed and to see some actual balance.

there have been weapon moves in the past that break and outperform. I remember a rifle bug, one handed range, dual wield during the OC days. All of these moves could produce lots of damage with minimal effort.

there have also been times when certain powers break and have moves that produce insane amounts of damage. most of them at some point or another.

the difference between than and now seems to be attitude. back then it was recognized as cheese. now for some reason its skill.

most players don't want balance. they dont want a level playing board. they want their power/playstyle to be the best and for everyone else to suffer.

since the revamp next to nothing has been done to fix the powers that have proven to be "broken".
    • Like x 2
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yup. The competitive nature of some in what is supposed to be team based content is hilarious. Also, notice the majority of people defending their cheese and broken powers are also the same people who complain about the game being too easy?
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

Point is, it's a might power that's doing way more damage than any prec. With proof. Let's balance that.
  13. chithemighty1976 New Player

does anyone know when the dlc comes out?
  14. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

The thing I would like to see is basic non weapon master combos be just as deadly. I would love it I could do more than one attack on my precision toon.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Ill tell ya why
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Make a different thread or better yet provide the information direct to the developers via the exploit section or bug report section, burying it in this thread isn't going to help get either thing fixed.
    • Like x 2
  17. MikeYancy25 Level 30

You must of been a trash pug that got carried in the group and your mad that he’s doing something you can’t do.Its all hate and you can’t deny it.
    • Like x 2
  18. MikeYancy25 Level 30

So you want everyone to cater to Prec like you did because one might DPS is keepin up and doing more damage than you.Your pathetic to say the least.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Most players don't run Elite. So Might DPS is still very much alive for the majority of us, because it's just so much more enjoyable and visually satisfying.
    • Like x 3
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Oh I know prec is out of hand when at least 6 of the people on my friends list are running nothing prec vs what they actually wanna run simply because it produces better results just goes to show how much imbalance it is currently. But I can agree at least I've never seen the shouts for prec only dps for raids.