Devs...why do people only want precision based dps for your elite raids?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jay Smeezy, Jan 17, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

Maybe that's a hero thing. I have never seen "looking for prec dps for elite raid" not even once. I don't think it's even enough players to be that choosy tbh.
    • Like x 5
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

You solo'ed the entire duo up to last boss and a prec dps came in and beat you by a lot?
  3. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Happens all the time. Literally.
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

On the villain server? Usps?
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Hero USPS/PC
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this has happened to me on more than a few occasions. with regards to duos i got this in the earth 3 and titans duo as well. many alerts i end up as the sole dps, we get far into the instance, someone dc's or drops out and gets replaced by another dps. by the time were done i've been smoked in damage thanks to the almighty dual wield to bow move.

its been like this since the revamp.
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

So then ALB was correct, it's a hero thing. Please read before quoting in future.
  8. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Eww prec.
  9. Curveball Active Player

Let's be specific though. They're not looking for prec dps, they're looking for dual weild/bow prec dps. Nobody cares about my dual pistol dps in the slightest. :-D
    • Like x 8
  10. Rainnifer Committed Player

With Quantum I'm able to "jump cancel" out of any of my animations so mobility hasn't been a problem for me (yes, I don't use time bomb, I know you can't cancel out of that animation unless clipped) not to mention the beautiful Quantum Tunneling shield.

I do find it weird though that adaptive augments for precision give 5% precision instead of the usual 3% each...do they believe precision isn't as strong and needs more buff?
    Even the group power heals with controllers innately buff precision damage too, why not might as well?
    Some things have always felt quite inconsistent all over this game.
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That 2% + 2% from 4 elite pieces + the 20% from a trollers buff. Seems which is the obvious way to play imo
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

The quote wasnt directed towards you. So I dont know why you quoted me in the first place.

I was agreeing with him and letting him know that it was on the hero side and happened all the time. Comprehend and dont assume before quoting me again please. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  13. gemii Dedicated Player

Because dual wield / flurry shot is still a thing.

Your welcome

Until that combo in particular gets a big damage reduction Nobody cares about or want might dps in elite unless they are nature, hardlight, gadgets or a good celestial player.
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

well in PCE first boss the moment I have to play a might loadout i know i am damned to die since the dovetail will make me delay my blocking ability, no such problemo with precision build.
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

The whole Prec-meta is far from unknown on Villain-side, 100%. That ALB swoops in to try and state otherwise is expected, considering that he's a Prec-player who's been barking loud nearly everytime a thread has come up daring to bring up any imbalances related to Prec.

Of course you will see less of that demand in public chats like LFG and such, considering that the Villain-side only have a mere fraction of the population that the Hero-side has. Either which way, the meta is present both for Villains and Heroes.
    • Like x 4
  16. hoaxone Committed Player

Only time might was king was during AM. Since the introduction of HL is when precision started to show how good it can be.
    And precision aoe is great too, you just use a different combo.
  17. Isif Committed Player

Also no love for ANY of the other WE combos. Twice this had been up for "review" and had the attention of the devs, but we still get the same meta. Most people realized in the WM days that this combo had superior flexibility to its counterparts. Disappointed that they never truly succeeded at making 3 viable playstyles. It looked good on paper, I suppose.:(:(
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

This is exactly right. I have been kicked from or refused by groups building for elite because I'm not dw. Honestly never seen them specify it in lfg but it's not uncommon to be asked by tell when you answer their shout.
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Right, that would destroy all form of versatility that the game has, I really hope that isn’t considered by the devs
  20. Solarbound Committed Player

That's the funny thing, it really did look good on paper. It's bothersome to have only become this disappointed in the long run. So, I really hope that somewhere within this year it gets addressed.