DEVS; Where did the community go wrong?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hotsizz1e03, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Honestly, Im sick of all of these forums bashing the game, and the devs, but the devs have to be partially to blame for lack of communication.. Everyone always taking shots at the developers and SOME developers will take subtle shots back at the customers. Now alot of people may take this WHOLE post the wrong way and try to be negative but this is for the people who want to actually discuss this in a mature manner.

Why cant we all just come to a common ground agreement? (DEVS & COMMUNITY)
    Why is there such an ego trip between both parties? Both parties act like they know it all, but not willing to discuss the differences.
    Why can't the devs just effectively come out and say in a letter what the priorities and direction of this game is?
    Why do the devs SOMETIMES choose to answer the MOST irrelevant questions?

It would be nice to know that the developers CARE, and they ARE trying their VERY best to improve the game vs layering constant new content over broken content/powers//gear drops/CR/SP/etc.... no disrespect.
    I personally, like all the devs, i think they are cool people but sometimes reading people who have been on these forums alot longer than i do, its starting to make me think differently about the developers and this game. i hate that.

Any other company that knows their back is against the wall and the public views them a certain way, they would issue a PUBLIC statement to reassure everything is okay. Ever since i been on this forum i have yet to see, any developer talk about the rumors, of population, the growth of the game, the future direction of this game, power balancing, PVP, etc..

I mean come on! People WANT TO SPEND MONEY. Give the people what they want and capitalize in the process. BUSINESS 101. Supply and demand.

Whatever happened to the community council that was supposed to be in communication with the developers?
    Not including any of the guys from the sourcecast. Even though the members of the sourcecast are great and honest people, they do NOT seem to be representative for the COMMUNITY, especially the villain side. Not talking about ALTs, im talking about the MAINs. They are merely an extension of the developers side of things. Increase the size of the community council to like 15-20 people and do votings on the game directions. Half Villains Half Heroes, PVP community From pc EU US PS3/4. Its not that hard! I want to enjoy this game as bad as the next, but constantly have to deal with something broken, or the MAJORITY of the negative people bashing the game, and/or the developer's lack of response to the communities REASONABLE demands.

There should be a TOP 5 objective list for DCUO and what the community want to see first or fixed in those orders. Scratch the NEW redundant content off the list and create a new foundation for DCUO to be built upon, because the relationship between the COMMUNITY and DEVELOPERS is not healthy, for the workplace nor the business side of things. TO the community: Im tired of the constant forum bashing, or the trade chat bashing or the lfg bashing. I want to know that this game will be alright and new people will come and enjoy a FUN game.
    Communication is everything and i want to EFFECTIVELY communicate again is all i ask. First step ill take to apologize for anything that may deem offensive to anyone on the forums or at daybreak. Please lets bring the fun and joy back, because all of this negative tension, egos and hostility is no good. Im losing faith month by month. Ive been subbed for 3 years legendary, but i dont know anymore what to think, if im making a good investment for years to come. Please community and DEvs do YOUR PART to communicate EFFECTIVELY.. THANK YOU! Bless!

:(:(:(:(:(
    • Like x 1
  2. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

I have had a few issues with the game that required SOE (when it was) to look into; they ALWAYS fixed it. I recently had an issue and Mepps dealt with me directly. That's service! And I thank him and the rest of the developers.
    • Like x 1
  3. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

If you're honestly thinking a dev is going to give an honest reply to this.......
  4. megamanzero Loyal Player

i don't think it's a question to the devs. i think it's a question to the community on their behavior towards the devs
  5. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

The way it's worded sure looks like it by the title though.
  6. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Its a question to both parties.. The message was for both parties involved..
  7. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

The message I was trying to convey was, the overall state of DCUO and not an isolated incident..
  8. RachelBurns Active Player

Fatal Exams' mechanic makes no sense for fliers. They would not be stopped by wind. It needs to be removed ASAP.
  9. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

There were incidents. And they were all resolved. And I highly doubt I'm the ONLY person a dev has helped... Actually, when ps3 users had that invisible ads/ team member thing going on, Mepps and another dev (can't remover who) followed him around while he did various instances to try and locate the problem.

As for the rude comments, etc by users and community members, all a dev can really do is ban them... Which they do.

So all in all, great job Dev team! From me, at least.

As for taking my money, I'd wish they'd let me reset cc bounties and ring wars, but ahh well.

And if you really want a taste of bad communication, feel free to test out ESO.
  10. YinChakra Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I think you missed the purpose of my message.. I am talking about the STATE of dcuo and not incident reports and were they were able to resolve it.. Im talking about the current state and FUTURE of DCUO. All of the COMMUNITY problems and not CAPTAINCOLDILOCKS problems.. no disrespect man.
  12. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

All good. I try not to take the forums to seriously.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Locking this up - not gameplay related.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.