Devs? When will you stop doing stuff like this?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, May 2, 2020.

1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I just do the vans, I don't bother with the spawn points.
    • Like x 1
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah those work and the best part is Villains and Heroes each have their own separate vans for no issues with anyone clicking on a mob member that has been defeated and some one else not getting credit.
    • Like x 1
  3. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

simple...my sorc guy pops a shield then does offering...my pet distracts and any loose attacks still aimed at me glance off while I do mech...its rather easy...I grade this dlc about the same as central cities...a lot of outdoor count missions... defeat so many reavers, rescue so many cats...etc...kind of the same...indoor missions different of course..
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL yeah I tried his method a while ago and it does work nicely. BUT see now you have me curious I have never seen a rioter/ pheromone mob fight. I will have to log my tank back on and lure one group into another so I can watch that. Sounds interesting :D

I'm like you when I found all the feats assigned to the various daily missions I ran out and made sure I grabbed them all. The one for rescuing cats takes the longest .. No big surprise the rioters spawn 4 at a time there is always only one cat in that tree. LOL

Not a complaint but it still sort of baffles me there is, at least not so far, any feat for defeating the Meta Experiment so many times. I may have forgotten something but as memory serves this is the first bounty with NO feat assigned at all. No big deal but it does make it interesting forming teams to attack the thing. No one is spamming him for the feat like they have done with Starro in Deluge or the Giant Robot on Titan Island or Shogg and the Shadow Goem in Chaos Gothem and on and on and on :D
    But if things go the way they have been lately eventually another bounty will appear and I'll bet that one will have at least 1 feat.
    • Like x 1
  5. Walvine Well-Known Player

Considering ivy mission is maybe faster than atlantis brine farms mission just activate gas and run to next , harley mission done just as fast once you realise gorila on roof tops.
    The bop crime mission is slowest but considerably still faster than previous eps so I do not see issues with them , with acrobat and flight both harley and ivy missions can be done together under 2 minutes should they fix speester them too.

Once you do the roiter feat hero's and villians have othere seperate options to crime tasks from missions from catwoman and huntress because hero's can not interupt villians doing money bag heists from security guards and villian can not interupt heros stopping robbery of security trucks , they is also occassional spawn of smugglers on eastern side of map both factions can interact with.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That's actually the bigger reason I do it vs the alt side stealers. It frustrates the hell out of me to have some scrub citizen grab one out from under me and even if you touch it at the same time, the citizen is faster....which is BS. I like to get 2 out of the way, then fight as it's easy to keep the 3rd covered from citizens.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

It's an open world MMO environment where these sorts of interactions can and should occur, if you don't want to deal with it go to PVP phase and kill the villain or be killed depending on your skill level.

And really, I mean, seriously, there's plenty of spawn points and if anything it probably extends your play time a couple of minutes and you're upset about that?

It's an MMO not a single player game, there are going to be interactions with other players at times that aren't always going to positively impact your experience or game time, it's what happens in an MMO.
    • Like x 2
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hey a quick report I tried your method and I do like it. I have a couple alt that can just beat the crap out of all those rioters before they can click anything.. But using the shields some of the others have an easier time keeping all three containers sitting there readty to be clicked :D Thanks for the tip.
    • Like x 1
  9. Add Level 30

Since we are complaining about other people doing things we don’t like, the other day when I was in a duel this other player kept blocking, I finally almost beat him and he took a soda, Devs can you please make it so other people have to play the game the way I want them to, and also I would like to always win and be rewarded without much effort on my own part if it’s not much trouble... thanks...
    • Like x 1
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Gee do you actually read threads before making fun of them? Because IF you did you might have noticed that I AM the one actually doing anything besides sneaking in and clicking on stuff. Let me break it down for you

1. I enter the spawn area and get the spawn to activate.

2. I engage and battle the 4 rioters and defeat them

3. Some other player from the other faction ( VILLAIN if I am a HERO/ HERO if I am a VILLAIN) sneaks in and clicks on the containers and defeated rioters while I am still battling and by the time I defeat the last rioter all 3 barrels and most if not all of the rioters have been claimed. I do ALL THE WORK and I get none of the credit.

Now how about you explain to me how that translated in your mind to me wanting
    THIS?

My only problem with this situation is it rewards players that prefer to let someone else do all the work .. and just to clarify it is the only mission I know of that works this way.

If I find a dog that has trapped a cat in a tree and I click on the dog. Then a Villain (because I am a HERO) clicks the tree and sets the cat free we BOTH get credit.. Same goes for lions and gorillas. Not 100% sure about mobs affected by pheromones, at least not all of them but I do know before I discovered the fast way of 1) put on shield 2) don't attack anyone just click and activate gas dispenser and then 3) watch as all affected citizens are cured! , but I do recall attacking those mobs the first few days with Villains (because I am a hero... you know the politicaly correct stuff is getting to be a pain) and amazingly we all got credit.

But for some reason the Dev team set up this one mission to annoy the crap out of all of us and give those inclined to grieve yet another way to mess with other players.

Oh and while we are on THAT subject since I don't PVP and have never understood those rules or who the heck made them up...……. EXPLAIN why the game is set up to allow me to buy soda to extend my life and power. Gives me a utility belt that I can PAY with source marks and load with henchmen, an orbital strike and supply drop...….. BUT if I attack YOU I am not allowed to use any of that stuff or some how I am cheating? Then I hate to tell you but just about every player doing PVE has been cheating since their first day in game. MAYBE they should all be permanently banned? SOUND GOOD? OH gee then if you wanted to do a PvE mission it could take hours to find team mates huh?
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

That guy was being about as sarcastic as it can get, man. He took a ridiculous position in order to try to illustrate how ridiculous he thinks this whole thing is. It's one mission that the faction can actually, y'know, be an opposing faction. Even if someone is following you around, it takes what, two, three more nodes, max? Is that two minutes out of your day really enough to bring the outrage? Go steal a villain's nodes, get some payback.

Reminds me of when the heroes whined and complained about being able to heal bounties. Going around the open world with five or six healers looking for hero bounty groups was some of that "emergent gameplay" that MMO developers are always wanting to see and was a ton of fun. Really helped group morale.
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OMG Let us take a history lesson shall we?

1. Back when the Anniversary Event was new a ton of players were on here complaining about the Lazy players that would join the raid... get themselves killed and then REZ back in the cave and just sit there letting every one else eventually defeat the Anti-Monitor so they could get the rewards without doing a whole lot a anything.

2. A couple years ago during the Halloween Event there were a number of threads about players not even do THAT much. They just joined the Alert so they could get to the vendor inside and spend their holiday cash and then LEAVE.. forcing the team to either try to do the mission with 3 instead of 4 or wait while the QUE found them a forth.

3. WAY WAT back when it was end game players started coming on the forums to complain because other players were showing up while they battled the Morrow or Siege Bot and fired off a few shots then stood around watching while the TEAM battling the deadly robot took it out and getting credit because .. "hey I shot as it" The result? credit for a defeat was changed and unless a TEAM did a certain percentage of the damage they got no credit.

There are more but the point is There have been any number of situations in this game over the years where some one found a way to do almost nothing and get rewards off a group of another players actually PLAYING the game. Now TELL me how this is different? I spawn a mob, I defeat the entire mob solo and some lazy SOB sneaks in and clicks away basically stealing credit that should be mine. Know what at this point I do not give a S__ __ __. I found my way around and no one will steal those credits from me again.

You or anyone else wants to screw with some one from the "Other Faction" then get you butts to the PVP zone and beat the crap out of one another. Oh and that GUY that was being sarcastic made it sound like what I was BEGGING for was a reward for doing nothing. IN CASE ANYONE HERE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND YET...………….. I AM KILLING THE MOBS. The other player, hero or villain because some how al of a sudden we can't just be generic on the forums we MUST be Politically correct, is the one doing no actual fighting and taking credit for MY KILLS Just exactly how is that me cryihng to get some thing for nothing.

Now let me take a wild guess. The reason so many that have responded to this thread negatively is because YOU ALL are the ones out there being lazy and letting some one else do all the fighting while you grab the reward.

I am done even looking at this thread and I am the one that started it to try and HELP players being taken advantage of. But it appears no one has a problem with that. So to hell with it
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Just so. In comics, most villains will take most opportunities to screw heros, and they will especially do it if there's profit or revenge for them.

So: working as intended. This is how superheros work. It would be weirder if there could never be any conflicts except voluntarily. Now, THAT would be unrealistic to comics and immersion-breaking. But having villains annoying heroes and vice versa is almost mandatory in a superhero universe. What possible explanation would there be for anything else? A universal truce because reasons? Way to take a lot of immersion out.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Heroes and villains turn out to have opposite motivations. Who knew?

NPC villains are always fighting with my heroes! Can we get this out of the game? It's so annoying. Missions would be so much easier to complete if we had no enemies interfering!

Um, maybe not. I'm not sure what part of "hero" or "villain" is unclear to some folks. Why would anyone in a superhero game NOT expect the sides to be in opposition and annoying to the other side?
  15. EP Ice Loyal Player

I don’t even understand the condescension in this comment because you are way off point here. My whole point is that if I’m doing the work then I should get the credit. I don’t mind sharing the credit but I should get the credit if I’m doing the work. This really has nothing to do with the whole “hero vs villain” thing but more of an annoying mechanic in that particular mission!
    • Like x 2
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This hasn't been an issue for a while. We'll take a look.
    • Like x 3
  17. Zamara Dedicated Player

Did this ever get fixed? Cause if it did the fix didn't work, just had a villain pop in and yoink half of my credits after i saved all 3 containers and dealt with the ads.
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I thought I experienced sharing credits with villains in that sort of situation within the past few days, but I wasn't paying close attention and very well could be wrong. For what little that is worth, which is very little, I'm afraid.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As of last night, it's still not sharing on the catwoman/huntress mission. Best defense is a good offense, pop a shield and make sure you get the canisters first...then dispatch the adds, you'll probably get 2 of them at least. I had a guy swoop in and try to steal from me and I got 9 of 10 points from the drop. I did an 'evil laugh' and flew away. The guy tried again and I got 10 of 10 and let him do the killing...I got a fist shake out of that. He didn't try anymore.

I will admit that at this point If I pull up the same time as a villain, I've thrown common courtesy out the window. I won't actively follow you, but if we both get there at the same time, it's every man/woman for themselves....game on. As long as we are living in a dog eat dog scenario, I'll be the put bull or Rottweiler vs the poodle (although poodles are historically tough dogs, they don't look it).
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This is what I do too. Just as fast imo
    • Like x 1