DEVS: We Need to Talk Re: PVP Vs. PVE!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I've been on vacation the last 2 weeks, and I've had a lot more time to play DCUO than normal, and I've become aware of a major and UNWELCOME change in the gameplay regarding players that are in different Phases from each other. I can't say when it began, only that I first noticed it last week.

First things first: I'm on the US PC/PS Server. I'm playing on a Windows 10 gaming computer. I have kept the game and my computer both up-to-date.

I NEVER enter PVP Phase. NOT EVER! I am ALWAYS in PVE Phase. And I have the Game Settings set to IGNORE PVP Duel Invites, as I have NO interest in dealing with Player Killers that are after my stuff!

So explain to me how it is now possible for players in PVP Phase to just straight up ATTACK ME and FORCE me into a Duel when I NEVER accepted an Invite, because the Invites are Auto-Ignored?!? THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS CRAPOLA!!!! :mad:

I've been a paying Legendary Member for 4-5 years. I currently have 27 characters and I'm actively planning my 28th. If you do not put a STOP to this nonsense IMMEDIATELY, IF NOT SOONER, and return the game to a state where PVP Players CANNOT EVER attack players in PVE until and unless we accept a Duel Invite, I may have to cancel my subscription until you get your act together! :mad:

I'm anxiously awaiting a reply from the Green Names.
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

LOL, I sounds like you had your pvp flag toggled on by accident.
    • Like x 5
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

As soon as possible, I went to the Phase Shifter and checked; I was still in PVE. And yet, IN THE SAFEHOUSES, WATCHTOWER, AND OPEN WORLD AREAS, no matter where I am, a player can just show up in PVP Mode and start attacking me. It's happened 3 times since last week. Something's broken in the game right now, probably caused by the last Game Update, and there's PVP players exploiting it... unless this is the latest trick that's possible for players that are using illegal hacking programs.
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Your PVP flag is toggled on.
    Click F1 and turn it off.

You can toggle PVP flag on & off in PVE phase. You do not have to be in PVP phase.
    • Like x 4
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Lol, I demand any human interactions be ended immediately so as to avoid getting my butt whooped :D

I kid, I kid... maybe lol

Is there a skull next to your name in the top left corner, if there is then your pvp flag is on and it doesn't matter if you're in pve phase.

If you want to turn it off press F1 and turn it off it will take 5 minutes off no interaction though.

If you want it off immediately go to watchtower or Hod and go through the phase shifter to pvp phase and then immediately go back to pve phase and it will turn it off.

It can go on through accidentally turning it on or if you do diamond heist or ring war it will go on.
    • Like x 3
  6. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Also, no one is taking your stuff. They are probably just getting 5 kills by hanging around the opposing safehouse to complete a player bounty/ring war/diamond heist mission. No one cares about your crappy stuff.
    • Like x 3
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

What is sooner than immediately ? o_O
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Well my govt accounts always ask for something to get to them yesterday!
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

apparently they can even attack the npcs, so probably a glitch. i was wondering why the npcs were laying on the ground in the watch tower 0_0?
    • Like x 2
  10. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

The OP's PVP toggle was not on. Cause this happened to me a couple of days ago.
    • Like x 2
  11. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

This has been happening for a long time. I occasionally see that big robot that loops around the central hub lying on the floor. Cause somehow, someway, someone was able to knock it over. A couple of days ago I was starting the Doctor Psycho mission on one of my alts. The NPC Sarah Charles was lying on the floor inside Lil Bo Safehouse. I emoted my alt to "cry for her", pretending she's dead. My PVP flag was not on. I am 100% confident that it wasn't. As I was trying to take a screenshot of the npc and post it to the forums (cause it was funny), my alt got knocked out somehow. There is a glitch happening. And I support the OP's feelings on the matter, although I'm not sure about the taking my stuff part.
    • Like x 2
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

Did you run one of the newer cross-faction missions? Glitch there?
  13. DaBeama Well-Known Player

And I would like the electrify PI returned to electric healing.
  14. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

And I would like a million dollars, but we all can't get what we want.
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this, my Batman-Inspired character has over $1.8 million on-hand right now! That's what happens when you sell some high $ value items on the Auction Broker! ;)

Also, my thanks to those that confirmed that this isn't just me, and that it IS a glitch. I only just discovered that F1 does ANYTHING this year, when I accidentally tapped it while trying to press F2 (they're very close together on my gaming laptop's keyboard.) And I almost never bring it up, as I hadn't even noticed the PVP toggles on there. The only thing I noticed that seemed useful to me was the quick reference guide to my attack combos (with 28 characters, I have a hard time remembering all the button press combos) so that's all I ever open the F1 menu for.

Since they're also able to attack NPCs that we aren't supposed to be able to effect, this sounds like the kind of thing that requires the use of illegal cheating/hacking software to change the game's parameters. o_O
  16. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

My million dollar comment was in response to DaBeama. I was just too lazy to quote it. FYI. :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I didn't say the PVP flag was what was causing the NPC's to lay over.
    I said he was being attacked by villains because he has his pvp flag toggled on. I do this all the time in PVE phase when someone has their pvp flag toggled on and I'm feeling a little ornery.

The flag being toggled on or off has nothing to do with the NPC's laying on their sides.
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

On a laptop it's function key + F1 ......The combos are below.
    [IMG]

There is nothing sinister going on here.

19. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I never insinuated that you said that. I was just describing the situation where mine got knocked out, in a similar situation to his.
    • Like x 1
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

I think the OP has a legitimate complaint, but that the outraged-beyond-belief tone of his post invites a certain amount of ridicule.

Especially when it comes to the idea of PVPers taking his stuff, how can anyone play for 4-5 years and have 27 characters and type that with any sincerity.
    • Like x 2