Devs: Training Instance Rooms

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SixSigma, Jan 20, 2016.

1. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Devs, would it possible to do an update with Role Training Rooms. Currently the only way to learn how to use a role is to dive into it and normally I think that's cool but it often feels like more of a hindrance to a group if for example I'm learning how to troll with X power and I'd like to get better at it before diving into a raid.

I was thinking more along the lines of a special que that has progress point based instants that unlock with each new level. Maybe feats as well for accomplishing role specific stuffs. The rooms would all be run with bots that cover the roles that you're not training in and provided certain goals, i.e. keep party alive for 2 min, etc...

I just think it would be nice to get practice in a role before attempting content so that I don't feel like I'm holding the team back.
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

It took FFXIV devs 8 months to develop their training simulator rooms and they launch in Feb. If devs havent started working on these training room instances by now then you wont see them until the end of this year or next year at the earliest.
  3. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Yeah I mean they have issues from years ago and is (to some) taking too long to fix PvP and balance powers. Lets have them show that the can pull off the things they got going now first I say. So 2018 they can start this lol....
  4. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Perhaps it could be done sooner based off the Legends Training simulator. Just have to add some NPC and AI for the goals eg Cast POT x3 (correctly after the last tick then x3 hitting on a double tick), Cast Insta Power Heal to keep an ally NPC powered up, Cast HOT/Insta Heal to keep an ally NPC alive for X minutes, Pull X # of enemy NPC's from Ally, Grant Immunity x3, etc. Copy and Paste one of the Pet AM NPC's perhaps for the Ally.

I think this is a great idea for role learning other than on the fly. At least give us a "live" place to practice loadouts and build up some muscle memory before having a raid group depend on you for being able to perform a role.
    • Like x 2
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

This would really do wonders for the game.

Anyone new is rushing to end game and nor learning their Support Roles well.

It would be cool if a sparring target had a few different modes that could all be active at once, or just individually.

Like have the dummy do a power rotation. The "mana" would drain as if it were a live toon and a Troll could practice different moves to replenish it's "mana".

Same for Healer. Have the dummy taking random damage.

For tanks, it would be a bit more tricky. There would have to be more than one dummy. I guess the could all just start jumping away once aggro is dropped, so a Tank can practice group and single pulls as well as get timing down for when aggro is dropped.

I know for me, I don't play Support. Ever. That's because I always changed powers very often (boardroom and refuse to do alts). So, I never really got into any Support playing. Now it's too late as I'm not going to learn at end game...

Maybe now is a good time to play an alt... hmmmm...
    • Like x 1
  6. Greenchain Well-Known Player

That sounds like a viable suggestion.

It's never too late!! Might I suggest Troll to start. Usually only have to babysit two or three power bars (tanks and healers), throw a defense debuff on boss. Nice gateway to Healing where you have to mind 7 health bars (dang gotta remember to look at yours too!!) and whats going on mechanically.
    • Like x 1
  7. SixSigma Well-Known Player

This is actually why I never really my support role side... because I don't know how to do it well and it's hard enough to find a patient group of people willing to let me learn during actual raids. All the suggestions above are great and if it seemed I meant to have this done this soon I know it's not possible unless they were already working on it, lol. I wouldn't expect to see something like this till the end of this year early next year.