Devs - Suggestions of Omnipotence

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SixSigma, Jul 19, 2015.

1. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Apologies in advance if this was posted somewhere else already... but I think we need a revamp on the items of Omnipotence. Nothing to crazy, just adjustments that actually make them omnipotent items. A few suggestions:

-Scalable item level with Stats tab Combat Rating. Where the OP gear item level adjust 1-2 levels above the wearers current Combat Rating noted in their Stats tab (not the Equipped CR). This way a player would still have to obtain the new gear in order to increase their CR to make their OP gear adjust accordingly and their Equipped CR would adjust accordingly as well.

-Prismatic Sockets on Helm/Ring of Omnipotence. Via the PVP gear, this can happen already. Though with Prismatic Sockets I would suggest percentage based affinities from a menu selection. Example: A player places any color mod in the Helm/Ring of Omnipotence, a menu opens (like the one that opens when we choose loot) and we choose from:

-Boost Critical Attack Damage by ??%
    -Boost Critical Healing Magnitude by ??%
    -Boost Power Heal Critical Chance by ??%
    -Boost Critical Attack Chance by ??%
    -Boost Critical Healing Chance by ??%

By choosing one, we lock it in as the stat boost... though if we wanted to change it we would have to re-mod the item in order to do so.

I understand these changes would be difficult but it would make the OP gear truly OP. It may also increase the re playability of the older content to want to get the gear. I hope this makes sense and I hope the community can back us up on this. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  2. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Any chance a dev can get in here and provide some insight if something like this can happen? Or maybe whether or not you'll look into it?
  3. Tanksblaze Well-Known Player

Well one it seem nice and all but in the long run I think it bad. Making omnipotent items scale with cr would just make everyone replay all the content that has them until they get them all. Then certain gear from newer content wouldnt be worth anything. I admit it would sale replays.
  4. SixSigma Well-Known Player

I thought about that actually. In order to increase the item level of the OP item, the equivalent piece of gear has to be gotten first. Example would be, in order to make the Mask of Omnipotence be the highest version, the highest level mask has to be gotten and equipped first. That way you're still trying to obtain the latest gear, but also have a reason to want to the OP gear and your CR won't be reduced drastically just for using the OP gear.
  5. BatmanRebirth New Player

Mepps, can something like this please happen?