Devs: Suggestion/ Request-- A Pet Buffing Soda or Consumable

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

So, with Source Shard and now Emperor Aquaman, pet builds are more viable. But they're lacking something that straight might and straight precision builds do: the chance to buff your primary damage focus with a consumable.

What about a Pet version of a Flex or Nitro? Or even the chance to add a pet buff stat to Compound Omegas? Both a 200 Source and a leveled Aquaman are big resource investments and I believe having a consumable buff for pets could really complete the picture and encourage more players to try it out.

In particular, it would be fantastic to see something that gives pets a crit chance, but I would be curious to see what you all could come up with around this idea.
    • Like x 7
  2. BumblingB I got better.

The problem is that we don't have any actual buffs that aren't reliant on a weird stipulation or random chance.

• Source Shard buffs 3 pets, but there is no way to specify which 3. At one time, some powers can have up to 10 pets at one time. (Including SC. Though, not really able to do that every time.) So which 3 does it buff?
    • Aquaman requires you to get hit before he buffs the pets that have to already be out.
    • Quislet's normal attack has a cooldown and only fires ON CHANCE, when you hit a superpower. The only thing specific that you know how to control would be his attack based on when you hit a super charge.
    We need to be able to buff our pets overall damage, as it will always be plateau'd below any other build in the game.
    • Like x 4
  3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yep which is why a buff consumable is needed. I'd also welcome tweaks to SS and Aquaman :)
    • Like x 1
  4. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

Very good idea
    • Like x 2
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I like it I have friends who hit like a hurricane on Jupiter even more so when we have a buff troll compared to my pet builds maxed everything who hit like a hurricane on Earth. The Little critters need more love too.
    • Like x 2
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

A consumable is a bandaid and certainly an idea but what we need is real work and balance done. Not an item to do the work for us. Pets need to be reworked to be disconnected from CR but actually base their damage on the User's Stats. Regular attacks use Precision, Special attack uses Might. Users of Robot Sidekick may need the consumable but I know Sorc and Earth have their abilities to buff their Own Pets by 15% damage. Buffing the attack of Trinket Pets, Grim, and Quislet. Im not sure if the Soder idea should touch those. Maybe another Artifact will do it. I'll let that be a Dev decision to buff those types but personally Im not a fan. Sorc and Earth Pets need a change for sure. RSK could be buffed to match "expected" damage but Im sure thats why the Pets are based off CR so maybe RSK when unlocked gives a new ability to buff it.
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Critters need love tooooo <3

Well, sure. But even if pets were revamped, a consumable that covers them would make sense anyway.

While we're at it, how about the Claw buff working on pets :eek:
    • Like x 1
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Been messing with my Source build toon some more and it's a bummer that the potential on these builds is flatter than with other types. Devs, any thoughts?
  9. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

What if they added a %buff to pets to the controller group power heal & weapon buff move.

Give it a unique % separate from the group precision buff. Would this be considered a band-aid too?
    • Like x 1
  10. Jcal Dedicated Player

My dear Watcher and Brick are parched as well. Don't forget about them! :D

Brick needs "the juice" and Watcher needs a good health tonic.
    • Like x 1
  11. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

A few possible options can be
    1. Add pet buff to controllers claw art
    2. Add a soda or new omega buff for pets this will override regular omega buff or stack I'm sure devs can hopefully find a balance
    3. All powers besides the obvious ones can have an ability to buff your pets damage.
    4. A new trinket to buff your pets
    5. Easy and obvious choice unfortunately just a bandaid , New artifact or Ally buffs pets damage different from Aquamans buff.

That's all I got for now lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

lol good stuff

Overall, I would like to see pets considered as a 3rd source of damage after Might and Prec and basically get all the ways those can be buffed-- consumables, Claw buffs, trinket.
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m all for the consumable idea. I can’t get behind the might or prec based damage idea tho. I will say that it would be good for myself since I’m sitting on a lot of sp. But the biggest advantage pet builds have always had is that they scale off cr. So you can take a low sp toon and still do great damage with a pet build. If they change that, it only hurts the newer players. And may make players like me that have no issues matching top tier damage types start leaving all players in the dust so to speak.