Devs Style Team: Stalwart Defender Chest Logo

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Jul 17, 2020.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Can we get another style with the enlarged space on the chest to fit the Batman,WW, and Superman logos? Or maybe adjust some older pieces to fit the logos in?

I remember that the Stalwart Defender Chest was adjusted because the logos were too small.

Any chances for the future?
    • Like x 2
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

They normally don't go back to do many tweaks on older styles, so just from that starting point it may be pretty unlikely they'll revisit older styles.

Also, when they tweaked the Stalwart Defender chest it only affected male characters. Female characters didn't get the larger emblem slot for some reason.

That said, I believe the Fire Soul chest piece from one of the TC gear sets does give a larger emblem slot for both genders. So they have done some larger emblem slots on new stuff since Stalwart Defender, but with many items being themed after particular characters (and using their emblems) it doesn't seem like there's been too many opportunities for them to add more.
    • Like x 1
  3. Megzilla Developer

Whenever we have the actual space on a suit design we try to get a good emblem slot space. Many of the suits lately just don't have the undetailed/simply designed chest space to provide a large emblem slot area on the shirt. When we are able to get to make new slimlines, we'll get bigger emblem slots on em.

Female chests aren't very wide or flat :rolleyes: so there isn't really a ton of geometry to work with to get bigger spaces there but I'll make note to try to get emblems to look bigger on lady slimline as well.
    • Like x 8
  4. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Awesome! I have a ton of iconics and it seems they all have to wear the same stalwart defender style. It would be nice to have a little variety.

If you can make it happen AWESOME!

Thanks Megzilla!
    • Like x 1
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Perhaps you could use the Fallen God style as a guide? The “S” on that is pretty big, even on the female version. It creates a larger than usual flat surface by being a little less form fitting around that area. I don’t know if every future slimline should be shaped like that, but maybe just the odd one here and there for the emblem junkies like our OP. :)
    • Like x 5
  6. Megzilla Developer

Good idea, thanks!
  7. Brit Loyal Player

With the release of the Black Canary jacket, I'd just like to repeat that I would love to see a Jacket/Slimline combination piece for chest slot where the emblem gets put on the slimline instead of on the jacket. Like those classic Superboy and Red Hood style approach, but with the freedom for us to use our own emblems.
    • Like x 6
  8. FreyDCUO Well-Known Player

Delete this message, meant to post elsewhere
    • Like x 1
  9. FreyDCUO Well-Known Player

Holy crap wrong thread lol, please delete this
    • Like x 1
  10. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

That is a great idea!

I usually use the stalwart defender style on my iconics, but would love the chance to use different slimlines. The Scuba style is ALMOST perfect as well. Add a beast chroma to it and it would look even better. Just need a big emblem!
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd love to see that as well, but part of me wonders if it might skate too close for DC's comfort (particularly with the Superboy example).

Considering how much of a staple the jacket/spandex combo was in comics for a while, it still surprises me that we haven't seen it here.
    • Like x 2
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Well. Its been about 3-4 maybe even 5 years now. But when the tunic of greed first came out i made a post about how the chest piece clearly has a spot for emblems but when u apply one they dont line up. Back then nerd of prey said she’d throw it on the fix list, it might have never made it to the list
  13. inferno Loyal Player

@Megzilla - the superman emblem size on the new Jacket from BoP vendor Is wonderfully big. I wish we had that type of emblem size up on front.
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Particular reason why this would be a great addition is that with the Stalwart Defender chest, if you just use regular colors or single materials, everything is covered well (despite the multiple channels). But when we use chromas, we can't exactly control what channels get certain chroma features. A simpler Slimline with that large emblem mesh would solve so much.
    • Like x 1
  15. High Troller Loyal Player

You think perhaps there will be another discussion as giving Female bodies larger wings? Previously I was responded to by a Dev on a forum about Wings of Sin with a consensus that large wings don't look cute on females and that you guys do not touch old styles (although it was originally reported 1 week after the Time Capsule release). I like large wings on Female characters and really would like to see big wings on females again.
  16. Megzilla Developer

I think when we were designing the male jacket, we wanted to save that concept for a different style, so female characters could also have the emblem on the front with a more basic t-shirt. We wanted to try to keep this closer to "Black Canary's Jacket", which has the emblem on the back
    • Like x 3
  17. Megzilla Developer

Yeah, backs have much bigger space to put an emblem on. Basically how it works, is that we stick on a flat 2D plane mesh on the model. The material that plane uses, is the emblem texture. I don't think that plane can be warped in any (significant?) way, just scaled smaller or larger.

Yup. To me the basic slimlines seem to fit better in the character create style selection.. which feeds into my dream of refreshing all those styles.

Unfortunately it is not as simple as just scaling them up or down. I think it would require some rigging/skeleton/animation/a lot of rework in other areas than just sizing. Problem is female backs are fairly narrow, which is why just scaling doesn't quite cut it.
    • Like x 3
  18. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Does this mean we might see more "t-shirt" style female chests in the future (as opposed to the suits that feature each breast separately)... not sure a better way to describe that but I'm sure you know what I mean. is there an official term? heh.
  19. Megzilla Developer

Lmao... in the concept art world we call them boob-socks (not sure how appropriate that is for the forums). I think we have been doing well with creating shirts that look more realistic in the past couple years, in terms of how fabric sits and drapes on the chest. Thinking on latest slimlines.. Oracle suit from the comics had the built in shapes so that's not a great example, but if you remember the Poison Ivy slimline, that would be a good idea for how we would handle slimlines moving forward. Our hero day shirts would actually be good for us to reference...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  20. Walvine Well-Known Player

Large emblem t-shirt please , emblem on front atleast as large as the back emblem space on the new bop punk jacket .