Dev's Seriously Need To Fix Weapon Drops!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Abaddon2012, May 1, 2013.

1. Black House New Player

LoL,
    Yeah the OP CLEARLY doesn't "play well with others", do your solos in Ace and Strykers and get your weapon there, moreover 125 weapons now drop in your monthly boxes from Prime and Gates, so do those, most of all perhaps if you worked better with others, had less of a sense of entitlement and asked nicely others may actually pass for you so that you get a weapon I know in our league we weaponise our DPS's first from drops as it makes most sense.
    • Like x 2
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

whoa... so the solos is where you get the weapon drops? or do all the missions give out new weaps...i really like this idea if true...
  3. Kintuse Well-Known Player

When I was on test server, I got a 151 weapon as a drop for doing the legends T5 solo, I imagine even better weapons wait for doing the raids.
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Just
    Why not it seems to me it really doesn't matter the SP will speak for itself and besides that it will take them some time to get 100+ Sp anyway being you can't 8man Arkham and most mechanics were changed like last November so it don't matter.

I hold alot of respect for the players that started with beta one helped me get to where I am not but not everybody mentality is the same.

So please with that two weeks stuff I get it YOU want STEAK, I want Lobster, I have to eat STEAK because you want it.

DO for you and if it's not going to benefit a team then do your own thing then.

For the record I want others to learn their role as well but thats what I want.

Play how you like.
  5. Abaddon2012 Well-Known Player

Back to the Main point again Weapons should be available for purchase not just drops. Like Central City you have to have a certain CR in order to get to the MKII's so there fore they can make MKIII's and MKIV's for purchase once at a certain CR! With new stronger content comming out every DPS should be as strong as they can be! I've been Legendary since 10/11 on this game and only want what i deserve out of it and what's fair!
  6. Durath Sa New Player

Maybe it's because I'm playing less again but... damn I love how much some people care about stuff that absolutely doesn't matter LOL
    • Like x 1
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

awesome thank you
  8. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I would have thought it would have changed with the new dlc.
  9. TheRealDeathern New Player

I'm sorry but like most others I disagree with your assessment. There are plenty of opportunities in game to get that which your heart desires, aka a weapon, with more options to do so comming in the near future. I for one, ran vengence and dawn for several months prior to getting the weapon my heart desired, yes it was frustrating waiting, but eventually I did get it. IMO, and many others I'm sure, IT IS ALREADY WAY TO EASY TO ACHIEVE A DECENT CR WITHOUT ANY REAL COMMITMENT FROM YOU AS A PLAYER, what you are suggesting would skew this fatal flaw even further.
    • Like x 1
  10. Abaddon2012 Well-Known Player

yeah sure there is plenty of ways to get a stronger weapon. If the the weapon your looking for drops and also if you actually win the roll. As far as being able to get high CR is only DC's fault. I busted my bust doing the FOS's before the other easier raids came out. I earned my CR and I believe i earned a better weapon of my choice. If only when it drops an again if i win the roll. All weapons should be tiered with the Armor set as in PVP.
  11. Abaddon2012 Well-Known Player

I'm sure most of you that disagree with me already have the weapon of your choice. Tell me how long have you been playing DC and how long have you been legendary and seen a free player get stuff you don't have?
  12. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

If a f2p get a spark weapon that would be strange.

Considering they wouldn't be f2p anymore:D
    • Like x 2
  13. Black House New Player

We have a winner for the most ill thought out argument of ALL TIME.

Here since launch, (Two boxed copies 3 accounts 2 legendary 1 permium) never dropped sub for a day would be lifetime if we had that option on PS3
  14. Frostbight New Player

Been playing Dcup for 2 years and I just recently got back to staff. I was using a 2hander as a tank until then. You know why? Because it had better stats then what I had. It wasn't my weapon of choice but I took it and learned to use it effectively. Sounds like your just crying cause you only want to use one weapon, are unwilling to get another that drops and learn it. Ive been playing mmos for longer then some players of this game have been alive. You learn to deal with things like this and be happy for those that get it. I had a staff drop from tala once and I accidently greeded on it and not needed. Someone else got it. Did I cry? Did I run to the forums saying how unfair it was? No, I said congratulations and got it like 2 weeks later.
  15. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I still don't buy the line of thought that says you can buy 'better' weapons from PVP vendors but not equal weapons from PVE. The PVP weapons have INFERIOR damage stats overall than the PVE SPARC II weapons in CC. Sure they rock if you are fighting other players, but that's it. Take them into Black Dawn and see how you're laughed out.

As for not liking 'random' rolls with teammates, do the HT solos. I have gotten several 125 weapons there and even a 131. It might take time to get the weapon you prefer to use, but it will happen.

I'd like to say that your frustrations stems just from bad luck or bad experiences, and for that I can generally pass on the bad attitude. But after reading your OP and followups on this thread, it just sounds to me like you have an entitlement issue. I highly recommend you take step back, look at what's going around you, and think that 'those people you are carrying' might be the ones who are making it possible for you to score so high in the first place. Heaven knows that without a troller or healer, I'll bet you'd have been left in the dust long ago.
    • Like x 1
  16. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

If thats the case pvp weapon should be in drop then. Its silly to make the comparison on those grounds you would've been better off saying it does not relate the two due to two different circumstance. But since you didn't their is a higher pvp weapon for purchase for pvp why not the same in pve thats the question. Seems a waste to even have spark weapons anyway.
  17. Abstrakt Loyal Player

so when you run these raids you cant say hey guys i dont have a 131 weapon and i would like on....my legue makes the members without a 131 take the first pick. Many other groups do the same.
  18. TheRealDeathern New Player

Yes, exactly, you must win the role and hope it drops. Just like i did, and others did as well, we didnt have the option to go buy a better weapon for little or no effort. Luck does play a role in this game, as it does in most games that I am familiar with, in fact I cant think of a game that luck doesnt play at least a small part in, can you? Just as you earned your CR in all those FOS runs, you too must earn your weapon in the T4 instances. In may be of note that I constantly try to complete these events before reset every week, it is a fact that a majority of the people I run with, NO LONGER NEED THE 131 WEAPON, as many of them already have it, so they PASS ON IT. As this is the case, your chances of obtaining one are greatly increasing, and will continue to increase with the release of the new content, which is my understanding will drop better weapons also, thus eliminating your desire for a 131 altogether. So now you can stop complaining about not having a 131 weapon, and start complaining cause you dont have a T5 weapon yet...

That being said, the issue I take most notice with regarding your posts isnt that you want a better weapon, it's that somehow you feel you are "entitiled to it", so therefore it should be given to you... really? If that's the case I hope you NEVER get one. I dont mean to be rude, but this is a game, you can get mad throw a tantrum all you like, but in the end, its still just a game. Did you cry when you lost at Monopoly, or you werent the one to land on free parking or boardwalk? If you did then you need to learn toaccept loosing, I got news for you, It happens, especially when you play GAMES.
  19. Singlemaltkiller New Player

No

20. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Got 1, infact the only one missing is dual pistol and still say I don't want it now so nope try again. The fact is when you hit cr68 you can buy a 113 in cc so to your arguement its a glitch cause you should have to roll on it in fos3 to get 1 sorry that is strange.