Devs, Prec Powers Still Need a Revamp

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SixSigma, Sep 9, 2015.

1. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Hey Devs, I'd like to point out that all changes made to most of the power sets have been great and in much need for quite some time, except for the Precision based powers. They didn't seem to get the same attention as the other powers did in terms of balancing to match up with the other powers. Specifically, the damage output is very inconsistent and doesn't get the crit range that other powers seemed to have gotten. It's primarily with range attacks, the melee sides is pretty good but we can't always melee everything in PVE.

Is it likely that HL, Rage and Celestial are going to get another run through to help decrease the gap between Precision and Might? Thanks and keep up the good work.
  2. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I learned something with HL yesterday. It's only as strong as it's user. I thought I was really good with it back when it was OP. I met a few people who were pretty good with it since but yesterday OMG! I met the God of Hard Light and it made me smile. He smashed everything in DC. He was a beast and his name shall be called HLVegita. That player can teach people a thing about HL.
  3. chaotic3430 Committed Player

All precision based powers are weak across Celestial, HL, and Rage. These powers can't keep up with any of the mid to top might based powers. Miss being able to DPS with my Celestial, now I am always regulated to healing.
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

At range its different.. HL and cele are good at range (idk about rage tbh) if you compare them to other powers in range. Problem is to compare cele/hl range with (for example) ice or mental in melee/midrange. Cele melee/midrange can't compete (but will be changed). HL melee and rage melee can
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Celestial is the best out of the 3, Rage still smashes them at melee though, but HL is horrible at both, played with so many HL players and they are always at the bottom of the scoreboard.
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Blame HT mods. Escalating Might is the biggest culprit. Also the fact that gear was gaining higher might stats than Prec stats which may be on its way to be corrected.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Weapon DPS doesn't help the prec based powers much either.
  8. Saybro Committed Player

I think the precision just doesn't scale appropriately. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't seem like it. Also, some may be using the power incorrectly. I've dps'd some alerts with other rage guys and I watch. Some are just flat out not doing it right. Clipping too late or staying stunned, not block breaking or blocking when needed. There are a lot of different variables, but a lot deals with people looking for that cookie cutter loadout instead of going out and trying. Some don't understand how to activate savage state and what keeps it going. But i'm just speaking from a rage stand point. I love the power and love MOST of the things that go with it. Just didn't like how the revamp was handled or how the feedback was conducted to name a few.
    • Like x 1