DEVS Please update V-Sync settings for PC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Swiftduck, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I am getting seriously tired of having to manually set up v-sync through my gpu to keep dcuo running at 60 fps.

Turning v-sync ON in the game limits it to 30 FPS!!!! *unacceptable*

Turning it off has my fps Sky rocketing to 400+!!! making the game nearly unplayable due to my character turning and reacting incredibly slow under very high FPS. This is the only game where i have to manually set my graphics card through a secondary program to limit this game.

Please update v-sync to limit at 60 fps instead of 30.

I am really getting tired of it. having to rely on Radeon Pro to fix YOUR game is beyond ludicrous.

I had to do the same thing when i was running Nvidia as well.
    • Like x 8
  2. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

Will be the rare drop in the next time capsule
    • Like x 1
  3. DanXVII Committed Player

The awkward weird turning animations caused by this definitely doesn't make for a good first impression for new players, a huge turnoff.
    • Like x 1
  4. BƖack Dedicated Player

They really need fix this potato game. :p
  5. OMNILEGION_EU Well-Known Player

people need to realize If they cant charge for it , they wont fix it.
    • Like x 1
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
  7. SiliconKnight New Player

What program do you use for Nvidia to cap it by app? Because I also find this fairly annoying. Thanks.
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Ugh. I have the same issue.

An option to set FPS would be better than what we now have. For sure Turning VSync on or off is an easy way to manage this into one of two modew, which are largely hardware-independent.

It would take significant work on the back end of DCUO to accommodate all of the options that any GPU (onboard or APU) is capable of delivering.

Whilst I have no grief with the game, I have issues with how it has been implemented. This is one of them. The conversation between the game and your hardware is mostly through the Unreal engine, but a *lot* of the hardware detection seems to be turned off :(.
  9. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Just recently bought a 144 hz monitor and noticed the weird memory leak / high fps problems when I turned vsync off... I'm gonna try and use nvidia inspector to manually limit the fps, hope it works.
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

It does work. But it's a pain in the ***
  11. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Uh oh, how come?
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Lol I'm exaggerating a bit. It's just more of an inconvenience if anything
  13. AutoBot Rage Active Player

When I was playing I used Precision X to set the limit at 144mhz..In game had my fps at 134
  14. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

I do the same thing with my Radeon, but the support for limiting FPS is built into the drivers. I could have sworn that nVidia did that first. Maybe they ripped that feature out but AMD kept theirs.
  15. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I just used nvidia control panel. Set vsync to adaptive
  16. majosea Dedicated Player

love how many frames you get with all setting to low , and optimize gpu setting on gtx card most of them v-syn off and all max performance vs quality
    my frames over 60 great for pvp /pve
  17. Margus New Player

Since i play with 144 screen how mutch i change settings or limit frames output still garbage cant enjoy fluid gaming on dc because its just not tasty for pc users. They should fix vsync to 144 . With blur reduction still garbage on my BENQ Since this is only game with behaivour other games operate as should.

I wonder how fast they bring new capsules and new dlcs to game but not fix simple issue for pc users that they can use vsync 144hz screen with 144 frames