Devs- Please STOP with the Elite No Death Feats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Sep 26, 2020.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I don’t understand.

Why do you keep repeating these feats? There are several reasons these type of feats should not exist.

1. SpeedHackers- why encourage this type of behavior?
    2. Relying on 7 other players to be 200 percent on point? Yea good luck
    3. Please take no offense to this, but these raids are not glitch free. If you are gonna require the effort from you players, then these raids should give a fair handshake.
    4. Once again, SpeedHackers- it takes all of the prestige out of these type of no death feats.

So.. explain to me why we keep churning these beyond frustrating feats?

I can see maybe staying alive for 1 boss. But the whole raid? Come on..
    • Like x 5
  2. AV Loyal Player

Your first and last points are really the biggest detractors to these kinds of feats for me, as well as DPS-check type feats. Just makes me roll my eyes whenever I see them since, as you said, knowing a ton of people are just going to hack them completely devalues them. Not only that, but it basically necessitates that players record their play when doing certain feats in current tier because a balance of probability makes players look like speedhackers for even having them. Really sucks the fun out of any challenge they may have presented.

It's also a little silly when there are team mechanics in the game that have you getting KO'd built in.

I wish they would just make the no death feats individual mandate, ie. each player has their own, independent no death feat. Doing it that way would still require the group to not wipe, it just wouldn't punish the entire group if one person lagged out and got KO'd a split second before the win. The "team jump-rope" school of MMO design philosophy, where everyone suffers if one person makes a mistake or lags, has always bothered me.

Edit: Or it would also be more appropriate if the feats were simply for not losing a boss fight. This also highlights why I'm not a fan of Elite death limits either: it forces devs to design in such a way that stuff can't kill us too much. Compare that to the oldschool design where stuff could wreck us hard and often and the difference in mechanical challenge is night & day. The current system is pretty immersion killing in that it's like "oof that's too early for a death let's just wipe and reset" vs the old system of "the boss just KO'd half the group but we're not giving up."
    • Like x 4
  3. DamageControlPS Active Player

How is having a challenging feat for players effect you so negatively ? I don’t understand people like you being so narrow minded these feats are the only hard thing left for some people to do if there was no feats I know for a fact I wouldn’t be playing right now as I am online, if there was no feats I wouldn’t be as I have everything else. If you can’t do them be patient and wait. I haven’t gotten them but that’s the whole point of a challenge is that you will get it eventually after trying and trying again. If you can’t do it join a better league or have more friends who are capable. Don’t come on forums and ask to remove one good thing some other players have to look at as a challenge. If you can’t do it don’t try it not every feat means you have to have it right now wait until you are overgeared don’t be screaming at devs for providing challenge to the game.
    • Like x 1
  4. DamageControlPS Active Player

Can’t stop adding these kind of feats just because there is a cheating population that way just stop making raids in general because speed hackers exist with your logic....
    • Like x 1
  5. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

While we’re at can you guys also stop putting feats for Aether I really don’t ever wanna touch those soul destroying bounty’s again and those materials are trash
    • Like x 1
  6. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

T
    You comment is extreme but whatever you think. A no death feat for a 7 player raid is totally different than your average feat. Come on dude
    • Like x 1
  7. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Narrow minded? I guess.
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

U missed
    U missed the point, Its not about taking these feats away. The point is doing a dif type of feat in its place. Its about NOT having feats that encorage speed hacking. This type of feat is almost designed to encorage it. Thats the point
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Stop? We haven't had these type of feats in years (in elite only).

From most of your points the issue isn't with the feats themselves but elsewhere. The forum title is borderline clickbait. What you should be asking (like various players on the forums in recent months) is regarding the points 1,3 and 4.

Point 2 - let those players who want a challenge and are doing it legitimately go for it. How does it affect you? There is plenty of time to farm for these feats (in this raid I mean). It gives incentive to still run the ONE raid this episode.
    • Like x 1
  10. DamageControlPS Active Player

These feats existed on ps3 before merger and we didn’t complain once back in the day about how unfair the world is. We accepted it, played it and had fun doing them, what other people did didn’t effect us because we were focused on such feats instead. Don’t drive the narrative that they encourage speed hackers because it’s ludicrous. They were intended for challenge purposes, Everyone knows this except the people who don’t wanna take on the challenge and just “replace” them what exactly you gonna replace them with the awefull drone feats that takes no skill to wake them up? Speed runs? Oh wait they also probably are made for speed hackers right ? So stop making any hard feat just because speed hacking is a thing like I said with the logic of this post? Stop making threads of nerf and removal of good challenging things in this game, not everything on this game should be done by everyone there is 2 leagues I’m sure who have done it legit so far on the whole game and that speaks volumes of how good they are. The only
    Point I didn’t miss is the fact that these threads always try drag down the experience of the more end game players because a casual player might to get it only 2 months into the dlc..... what happened to patience and gearing up. it’s Just plain selfish. Speed hacking is terrible and should be more moderated, but to stop putting up hard feats because of it is simply
    Not the solution. KIND REGARDS
    • Like x 2
  11. DamageControlPS Active Player

So every feat should be the same and single person targeted ? In a raid that requires communication and team work? If you’re looking for solo feats go and do the solo and ask for harder feats. Again absolutely flawed logic 8 man content will have feats that require all 8 to participate in... there’s plenty of other feats that require that on this game so what is the point your getting at
    • Like x 2
  12. Miserable Dedicated Player

Yeah, let's have the legit elite players pay the price because the devs refuse to punish speed hackers and the players who run with them.

You realize you're asking the devs to deal with the speed hacker problem by removing one of the incentives to speed hack which also happens to be the very thing that legit elite players look forward to and which is specifically designed for them, instead of dealing with the problem directly?
    • Like x 1
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

None of the reasons you listed amount to any sort of argument against including no death feats. The entire point of a no death feat is:
    • Have a group of 8 players attempt the feat already knowing all the raid mechanics
    • Have geared enough from the current dlc that they have enough survivability
    • Having each player accountable for their own surroundings, why have feats where you just stand in 1 place the entire fight and not move? why have feats where players can ignore mechanics and repeatedly die and just stand back up again and still get rewarded with a feat?
    • I've done every past no death feat when they were current, disregarding all the world firsts, I have yet to encounter a no death run that was ruined by a "glitch" what you call a glitch is not properly understanding the mechanic and just blaming it on the "invisible source storm" or a player clearing not blocking when he's been turned into the bomb, or a player clearly hitting Grail with bracers still active. EVERY SINGLE DEATH in an elite raid is fully explainable and preventable
    • Increase the longevity of the episode, with feats that are easily attainable in just the first couple weeks of content into a multi month dlc episode you have little reason to want to continue to play said episode expect when they add styles to the vendors on weekends
    Speed hackers do suck, but they are under the jurisdiction of another individual in dcuo, not the developers to act on. However it still doesn't stop you as a player from getting the feat and doing it properly, I would find it highly improbable that you would be quing with less than 8 players into an elite raid and just magically get matched with a speed hacker to carry the group.
    It would seem you need to seek out better players to play with that can focus on objectives because the frustration behind your thread post lies there not in trying to remove these types of feats.
    • Like x 3
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Variety is pretty much the only reason why they shouldn't do more.

I've been leveling on the switch, and I've been noticing a trend. From AF3 to now, there are trends that kind of makes it less interesting. A significant number of same feats in each dlc. TBH, wonderverse probably broke the combo for variety in content and feats. Probably because of the change in bounty rewards.
    • Like x 1
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

The elite no death feats aren’t the problem, the refusal to punish players who gain these feats by grouping with a speed hacker is.
    • Like x 3
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Specifically to your point 2.
    Heres how it can effect you......
    Lets take a walk way way back before speed hacking when ps4 was ps4 only (maybe ps3 was still around too).
    Remember paradox wave day1? My oh my that was a raid. Loved it! Was very difficult day 1. I was unaware at the time what was going on and it was explained to me that there was a glitch where u could fight all of the bosses in the starting hub. I though cool, tight space with huge bosses, this could be fun....... no one told me it was really exploiting a glitch would give the epic odyssey feat. When the feat popped i was so pissed. I didnt want to get that feat like that. I wanted to earn it and that was a really tough one to get. Messaged support to ask them to remove it and explain what ppl were doing an basically they said enjoy the free feat an they’d look into fixing it.
    Thats the point here. The feats should be earned not cheated to obtain. If they cant/wont stop speed hacking Then we are simply asking at a min to stop adding feats that encorage it is all.
    (i think ur right that addressing the speed hacking should be top priority BUT if its still rampant then i think feats like this that encourage it need to go till they sort the issue)
  17. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

1-3 and 4 I totally agree. On 2, that is kind of the point of team content, At the elite level it SHOULD be expected that the entire team is on point for an elite feat. But 3 out of 4 ain't bad :)