Devs please re think upcoming JH nerf!

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by appocolyps, Aug 9, 2017.

1. appocolyps Committed Player

Having played Fire, earth, rage and atomic i can undoubtedly confirm earth dps is 3rd in the list of the four powers in terms of potential dps. I am currently rage and am destroying every earth dps including my own earth parse, as rage should due to its risk factor however earth also has a risk involved and should be rewarded, please do not give in to the people crying for its nerf, it really will kill earth and make it irrelevant.

275sp Rage 16k+ dps on 3 targets unbuffed, 13k-14k earth, 15k-16k atomic.

Please devs, dont start undoing all of your hard work by giving in to the pressure from the masses who are evidently not finding optimal builds.
    • Like x 2
  2. xD25x Dedicated Player

Going forward any posts like these should include videos. Thank you
    • Like x 3
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

The risk you speak of vs rage isn't there. You can be a little past midrange and JH still hits. Sorry but it either needs.to be a frontal cone or a smaller 360 aoe.
    • Like x 4
  4. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

Those three powers are a bit OP and they need to be tuned down, or all other powers hitting around 9k max needs a buff. So yes, this needs to happen to bring the other powers in line.
    • Like x 1
  5. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

Not everypower has a max potential build. There are numerous people including myself who have tested severely and still couldn't reach what possibly could be max potential.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Told everyone atomic was hitting hardest but people seem to ride the easier powers. Funny lol.
    • Like x 2
  7. appocolyps Committed Player

Rage is deffinatley riskier agreed however earth is still risky, rage is much better dps at melee than earth and JH, as it should be. If you nerf JH it falls well behind rage melee.
  8. Saami Loyal Player

I would love to have some kind of "troll" when doing damage tests against dummy(ies).
    Ive been trying to test damage potential of weapon mastery, but some weapon mastery combos can be clipped so early that i run out of power too soon for any longer period.
    Thats why testing damage potential is very hard depending what you trying to do.
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Why do threads like these keep getting posted in the Guides section?
    • Like x 1
  10. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

frontal cone would hurt the tanks juggle so lets not throw that idea out there.
    I think decreasing the 360 degree aoe to true melee range is all that needs to be done leave the damage as is but make it true melee
  11. The_fair_1 Committed Player

I hopped on test last night and just go single target and was running my Loadouts for earth rage sorcery and electric just fine... on single target with no mods or gen mods just top gear my rage was going around 5500-5700 Earth with just debris field and spam jackhammer was hitting for about 5700-5900 and that's not to mention if you have crystal out or other things. And you can do it all from midrange with no loss to dmg so there really isn't any risk factor in it I can also run a different loadout that doesn't use jack hammer and throw out some good damage not as much but still up with all the top powers so jack hammer is definitely not your only good damage move but I suggest they look at it and decide if it should have a nerf to range to go melee and have possibly a very minuscule nerf to damage or if it should just have a nerf to damage to bring it in line with other powers
  12. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Then don't use jackhammer there's other moves in Earth that can do some good damage if used correctly
  13. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

14. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Why is this in the guide section? Devs don't come here, do they?