Devs please fix portals

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

In general there is nothing wrong with the portals but can you make where people can't drop r&d bots or any other bots on the portals themselves. Was on my villain in Wonderverse and multiple players kept dropping one or two r&d station bots right on the portal themselves so instead of going through the portal, get stuck hitting the r&d.
    • Like x 1
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I noticed this creative way of trolling also. It would be nice if there was a distance restriction for deploying those items near portals.
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I noticed that too. My league and I think it was to try and get people to accidentally leave the phase so their friends could get in. With those things on the portal, you either have to go the long way to the next fight, or warp to rally and take that portal to the next fight (at one point someone started blocking that one as well). The hope is that you will take the warp option and accidentally warp to something other than rally, which removes you from the phase making room for someone else.

This is a form of trolling and something really should be done, like how doorways were widened so someone can be longer block a door unless you duel them.
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

What I would rather see. In a DLC where you'd expect hundreds of people to be in the same place at the same time, add more friggin portals. Each area should have two to three options. These 1 portal areas, besides the trolling, are just asking for hard disconnects. Aka, blue screens on the PS side. Its ridiculous.
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

No one is expecting 100s of people in a phase, let alone at a single boss. These bosses scale in difficultly with the size of the group present, so more people doesn't necessarily make things easier. The base difficult of the bosses and how they scale to be a challenge for different group sizes is still being adjusted.

There was an issue where the hard cap for number of people in a phase wasn't working, and you could keep piling in until you crashed the phase, that was addressed. The hard cap (where no one else can enter the phase) and soft cap (where only group members can join the phase) are both being looked at and may be adjusted as well.

You have a minimum of 1 minute to get to the next boss fight (more if you burn the boss down faster). Not everyone in the phase has to be in the next area the second the boss gets defeated. You don't get "extra credit" for being first to wait on the next boss to spawn. Fine tuning the bosses so people don't feel they need to over stuff a phase to win should reduce the number of people wanting to get through a specific portal at a given time. There's no need to add more portals at each boss.