Devs: Please Consider Canceling All GU36 Combat Changes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Sorbet, Mar 25, 2014.

1. EvilSnake Well-Known Player

all dps is being roadblocked to make your new system seem viable
    • Like x 4
  2. Ivy Bird Committed Player

JC has never worked as intended, this is straight from the Devs, only now have they attempted to fix that.

I don't need to watch any videos I went on test and checked for myself several of Celestials powers are on the speed up list and several on the slow down, I checked and practiced and it works almost identicaly.
    Combo animations have the longest potential dovetail, yes, but you can clip it all away with a power as it is a precision tick! You infact can clip fast enough to never see the combo power, I tested and proved this on test. There is issues with HL on test at the moment and I have seen messages from devs saying that they are looking into it as the way it is working is not intended, but on the whole Celestal combos have not changed and the base animation time for rages dreadful blast has been slightly increased.
    • Like x 9
  3. EvilSnake Well-Known Player

you don't find it convenient that its getting fixed when there's money to be made on their end from current game mechanics being changed.
    • Like x 9
  4. Frankzilla Committed Player

This is like becoming a adult moving out and your mother comes to visit then starts moving your furniture.
    • Like x 4
  5. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

You'll also find the trolls Power heal crit innates (cunning) have been replaced for a bigger power bar with this new update as well, so what I think is WM is going to be forced upon us and for trolls having it will get a crit bonus that way *sigh*
    • Like x 1
  6. Frostitute New Player

I have to say, part of me feels this is the case. I guess we'll have to "wait and see," huh? hehe
    • Like x 4
  7. PillowHands Committed Player

I've seen live streams and vids. Only good change I've seen was soul well. Revert everything else back and keep new soul well. Thanks!
    • Like x 8
  8. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

Good use of Doctor Perry Cox's rage induced head bashing.
    • Like x 3
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Sorry, this just reminded me of this clip:

• Like x 9
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Both my husband and I did some testing last night (not too, too much). I'm a sorcery/bow user, he is a gadgets/rifle user. While we both saw differences, nothing game ruining. Will it take some getting used to? Most definitely. The cancellation of jump canceling is kinda a wrench in my hubby's loadout, but he practiced for like ten minutes and found a new way to play. Instead of waiting for the the players from Odyssey (don't get me wrong, you guys are freaking amazing) to tell you what to do by their awesome videos, play the way you want to play and make your own loadout/rotation. I can guarantee that you'll have more fun, even if you are doing slightly less damage.
    • Like x 12
  11. Dj_T New Player

Its pretty obvious we said it many times already, run wave with 88 gear and beat it with these new changes, changes in gameplay effect the players more then you think, yes they are rules, rules that had been ignore for 3 years apparently no one gets that, and some do, but it isnt balance when some powers clearly work with the holes then others

Buffing every power to were celestial damage is more or less will make everyone enjoy this game. Buff some powers that dont or cant clip more then others was a great start the both sides of the community will enjoy.
  12. Dj_T New Player

Also speeding up the powers that need faster animation would help aswell
  13. CHUD Loyal Player

Wait,...it almost sounds like that Odyssey is having to put their stamp of approval on Update 36. I know that they are, or at least from what I've read, that they are one of the big time elitist leagues out there as well as the main testers for a lot of things. Don't get me wrong I'm not criticizing them for that particular reason. But in all fairness, other players (and I'm taking a page from somebody else), will have to adapt their style to fit the new update. On one side there are things being messed up for a lot of players, but at the same time, we have DLC 10 down the road which is having the WM or whatever the heck it is that is supposed to balance things out. Who knows, maybe some of this is a blessing in disguise and the devs have something up their sleeve that we're not expecting.
    • Like x 1
  14. Volkenraider Loyal Player

oh dear don't let the QQ'ers see this :p
    • Like x 2
  15. Kid Sorbet New Player

A blessing in disguise would be nice but I'm not expecting one. At this point GU36 reminds me of when a beautiful, historic building is razed to the ground to put in a crummy strip mall.
    • Like x 2
  16. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

Snowball big deal. Ice bash, wintry tempest, and gale are gonna be faster and u R complaining.
    Oh wait I left something out a consumable that actually interacts cryogenic solution.
  17. Mr. Ninjafeet Active Player

Haha, these complaints are pathetic. These changes are absolutely necessary to give people what they've been asking for... BALANCE!!! The only people I can imagine complaining are FOTM players who want to maintain superiority (HL, Rage, Gadgets)... this rebalancing effort is speeding up animations so that you can actually see what your character is doing rather than bright-green-seizures. It will allow for across the board balancing efforts down the line and normalization of power costs. It will help give might/precision powers a balance again... oh, and did I mention that they're SPEEDING UP ANIMATIONS TO ADJUST FOR THIS!!! Please, stop complaining people, this isn't the end of the world, you may have to adapt (as uncomfy as that is for some of you) but this is absolutely needed. I'd suggest staying to try out the new update, and if you don't like it, just leave. Its going to happen, it has to happen, there has to be an adjustment to make all sets viable for dps and if you don't want fair then just take a walk.
    • Like x 4
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

no its a hate thread with out even truly trying the changes out for your self. all powers have the same changes so ice is no more impacted than the rest. Adapt and enjoy the game because tons of us want this for the health of the game long term and dont care about who tops the charts as long as all are capable
    • Like x 2
  19. Kid Sorbet New Player

It's a big deal to me because Snowball is part of my mobs/ hallways rotation. Ice bash is already fast. Wintry Tempest and Gale I already clip with Karmic Hex. And Gale is getting a massive damage and target nerf.
  20. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

They just want exploits and shortcuts. Take a walk!
    • Like x 3