Devs: Please Consider Canceling All GU36 Combat Changes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Sorbet, Mar 25, 2014.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I think that the main mistake here is in releasing these changes before people can see that weapon mastery makes up for lost damage and probably increases damage. I don't believe the changes will be detrimental to "the burn" if you get weapon mastery.

I think the devs are assuming people will be patient with them; but even a casual observer of LFG requests should tell you that few in this community are patient. People don't ask for cr90 to run Khandaq because they're patient.
    • Like x 3
  2. Redscreen5 New Player

There's no comparable considerations made when puging. It's putting yourself at a disadvantage running content with people who potentially have no idea what they are doing.

I agree DPS hit harder but that's widespread across all roles. During T4 (mid gear grind) you could throw a insta power of 200-215. At T5 we now POT well over the 200's so the substantial jump is not just with regards to DPS.

But the jump in CR90 gear is massive. However that lies in the fault of the devs for not foreseeing / estimating the capabilities of the gear.
    • Like x 1
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

While I agree that gear is a factor and the jumps are massive, if I took an equal group to the one in the previously mentioned video, with equal gear, there's no way we'd be able to do that. Watching the video, you'd think the Tyran's room was a children's bouncy castle with the way everyone is bouncing all the time. It's beyond gear alone.

But like I say, these changes are being made before T6 arrives. T6 will boost our stats further. We're all going to be hitting harder, anyway, which seems to be the concern now, that slower rotations = less damage and we haven't even started to talk about weapon mastery and the boost to damage that may bring.

Take into consideration that T6 is going to start out with 2 Duo's and 1 Alert (plus 2 solos but your stats and loadouts are limited to whatever the Legends character has), there's nothing there that's going to bring us to our knees and test our skills. We're only going to have Nexus/Paradox/A&B as challenging content until DLC11 comes out and we're already over-geared for that as it is.

There's a lot of panic and hysteria over everything, but it's not that bad, really. We're soon going to be hitting harder than ever anyway so whatever.
    • Like x 3
  4. Ghettogospel New Player

They not going to change anything the only way to get them to change it is to quit playing and stop investing money why do work in progress and it's the only work in progress of that sort
    • Like x 2
  5. UMBRA Well-Known Player

" Yes devs, please throw away all the hard work you've done over the past months because I don't like it "

Yeahh... I'm sure developers take this kind of posts very seriously :rolleyes:

I really doubt that the people complaining are worried about content completion. Most of them can complete anything in the game without effort, they will be able complete anything after the update and they know it. That is not the problem.
    • Like x 6
  6. razor Red New Player

The reason why me my friends and most of my league play this game is because of the fast paste. This update will destroy that.

I will wait and see but so far it looks like the end for me.
    • Like x 5
  7. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

thats what am trying to tell pple , getting free dme out of a thin air is not a game but cheating
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

No, I know. Almost all complaints are founded on the concern that they're going to do less damage than before. Obviously, to a sane person, that doesn't matter because all that matters to a sane person is beating the content, getting the rewards and getting out. To the insane people complaining, it's founded on the fact they might not be able to be top of the irrelevant scoreboard and their non-existent rankings on a non-existent leader board will be affected if they don't hit as quickly as they did before. Simplified, that's basically what all the complaints are founded on.

The reality of the situation is that all power sets are going to see changes. We're all going to soon have access to new innate skills, weapon mastery and T6 gear which will beef up our stats anyway, amplifying the damage and doing more than we currently do on the clippy jumpy system, anyway. The forums are just a sea of despair when the reality of the situation is that it's not too bad no matter how much you feel your personal power has changed.
    • Like x 7
  9. Ivy Bird Committed Player

JC has been here from day 1, however it is being used in a way the devs never intended and are now attempting to correct.
    I notice you didn't quote the twice as large list of powers which are now faster, which in the case of Celestial includes Retribution. So ScH is slower but RcW is faster, seems good to me.
    HL was considered rubbish as a DPS power when realeased, it wasn't until several months of experimentation by dedicated players that the techniques and rotations to make it effective were discovered. Considering that there is a revamp coming and that many powers have had a targeting overhaul maybe there is a new 'super rotation' out there?
    Ice is the power I have least DPS experience with so I am not sure how it stands but I am confident that it will survive.

You seem to be unable to read here, it says a MAXIMUM time of 1.35s. this means that weapon and combo powers unclipped will last for no more than 1.35s when clipped they work as normal.
    • Like x 7
  10. zeus198 New Player

con este update dcuo esta matando la dinámica del juego que lo diferencia de los otros mmo.
  11. Ghettogospel New Player

It is the pace of the game we don't like... We played dc because you could come up with your way to play and combo into different moves that others may not use. not be forced to play a certain way cause new guys can't keep up with us 160+sp vets. Everyone can't be the guys from youtube that's part of the problem.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ivy Bird Committed Player

LOWUT?

This makes no sense, people are using cookie cutter play styles identical to everyone else. The community is making people play a certain way already, if you can't match these optimised builds then you don't get to play.
    • Like x 17
  13. Archangel Rafael New Player

public service translation : with this update, dcuo is killing the dynamics of the game that set it apart from other MMOs

(statement is a translation of previous post only and does not reflect the views of ArchangelRafael or affiliates)
    • Like x 6
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

This

Its the reason balance gets brought up on the forums every day and part of the reason T5 separated the community so much...Either you play with x y and z on your load out or you can't compete
    • Like x 15
  15. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

OK really? You said it JC has been here since day 1 and up until a month ago it was working as intended... hummm OK. Re-read that list and see what it does to celestial, ice(why ice?) and hl. Way more bad than good. Even effects the healing side. And all comboed moves are slower.While you're at it watch some videos and see how the pace has slowed down to a crawl in comparison to what it once was. Learn to read yourself because of all the "dovetails" the one I quoted has the longest. Its MAXIMUM is HIGHER than ANY OTHER MAXIMUM!(hurray caps!)
    • Like x 2
  16. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

Went in and tried my HL dps that was sitting on the test server. 5 minutes at the sparring targets and despair set in. This is so unbelievably slow it is painful to watch. Not to mention most of the combos do not work, regardless of how I tried to adjust the timing. I played Star Wars Galaxies during the days of the NGE and to quote a certain well known Star Wars phrase "I got a bad feeling about this."

Sure hope there is a major adjustment to this based on feedback. The rhythm this game once had seems to have been eliminated.
    • Like x 2
  17. Kid Sorbet New Player

They don't need to adjust these changes. They need to scrap them completely and start over.
    • Like x 5
  18. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

RIP DCUO
    • Like x 6
  19. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

Yeah but see we both know that ain't going to happen. Best case scenario is it is scaled back. So bummed out right now :(
    • Like x 1
  20. EvilSnake Well-Known Player

i hope that kaiser odyssey whoever is teaching people to play dcuo knocks that off if this dev team wants to make this mess let them come up with rotations and figure out how it works