Devs,......Please Be Careful......

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helios The Eternal Flame, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Jackster, Mepps, SJ, Avair,.......etc. I have been one the most outspoken for a long time regarding certain decisions that were made regarding the game. That being said, I do appreciate all the work that you guys are doing and attempting to do to better the game. I don't believe that there is this sinister plan to take our money or in conspiracy theories, HOWEVER, we are at a crossroads with the direction of the game. No !,............We are not developers,....NO ! The forums do not even represent the entire playerbase. Nevertheless, it is clear that Replay's and Stabilizers a/the (debatable) focal point.

To be clear I don't abuse Replay's, yet, they do have their place. Time Capsules do not offend me the way that they do my brethren. But, you have to meet us halfway. To me, you silence this entire debate, by going forward, no feats associated with TC's. or putting every rare TC' material and aura on the Vendor. While I don't have a horse in this race at all,......when you combine the regular release of TC's, with the inordinate pricing of seasonal items, it appears that you are trying to fleece us. Even if I don't BELIEVE that is the case personally, the PERCEPTION is there, and it's only going to worsen.It's true there are some people that frequent these forums that will complain about everything. I'm not one them.

I love this game. It has never been more fun for me. I absolutely love the revamp and the content. I have always disliked the forums in general, because it is always negative and lacks reasonableness. Nonetheless, I see their point in this regard. Do not make the mistake of executive decisions like adding Weapon Mastery, which many of us told you would be problematic, then have to fix it, wasting time and resources that are unnecessary. Please I love DCUO so and all things holy, compromise. Something should be done to remove progression from TC's.

Here is an example that I do find distasteful. You can get a feat for acquiring Insidious Insight, without having to run any of the content, that particular feat is relevant in. I can go run everything but Riddled with Crime Content, or go to the Broker and buy gear, get the feat and potentially get more OP Collection drops from the current content than a person who is trying to buy vendor gear the right way. Some thing is wrong with that. Even I have to admit it.

The game isn't dying,......the game isn't pay to win,.....but you are driving many people away,....not all.....MANY. Please,....I beg you,.....remove progression from TC's. I understand that lights have to stay on, but there are better ways. Rant over......
    • Like x 17
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

But bro without feats there tcs won't sell;)
    • Like x 5
  3. Saami Loyal Player

Make them like Booster Bundles.
    Only available limited time and no feats attached. People will buy them before they disappear to wear them or selling them in broker.
    • Like x 3
  4. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

We used to be so much happier on these forums.
    • Like x 4
  5. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Well said helios. I agree with this.
    • Like x 2
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If this was the old forum crowd from a few years ago, these forums would be set a blaze with vigorous hate and animosity. Even if you smelt like you wanted to attach feats to money, you'd get eaten alive with your remains fed to the pigs. Forums nowadays are rather tame compared to what they used to be, disciplinary actions included.
    • Like x 11
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lmao love this response .
  8. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

I agree with most of what you said. but, I believe you are looking at this with rose colored glasses...
    • Like x 1
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

This^ is so true. Many of the vets back then would shoot down ideas like sell sp on the MP and anything like it. And shoot it down in spectacular fashion while making u feel awful for even suggesting such an idea.

As far as TCs go well ive stated my opinion on them numerous times. What i do find strange tho is the people who dont see the issues they cause. Yes they make money and the game needs revenue to survive. Yes they put styles in them. Other then those 2 things what is so great about TCs? On the flip side they have caused many players to quit the game, turned the ingame economy into a joke, they allow people to pay for progression with real $ while having to run very little content, cause many many players to stand at the broker for hours instead of playing actual instances (queue times may come into play here), the focus seems to be all about TCs while content suffers and bugs are rampant and take a long time to get fixed, and lastly its gambling. Lets remember there are kids that play this game.

I feel like whenever the topic is discussed there are people on both sides who fail to see the other side. There are always pros/cons with everything. And i think its clear there are far more cons with TCs then pros. I always thought the goal of games like this was player retention, not driving players away. And no one can tell me gamers are lining up to play an almost 7 year old MMO to open gambling boxes. If they were we wouldnt be seeing open episodes where 90% of content is free for all players.
    • Like x 6
  10. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

No,......been here way too long for rose colored......With this game things are never as bad as people think they are,.......and certainly not as great as people believe that it is......
    • Like x 3
  11. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Time capsules made me quit.

I used to spend on my toons, along with my wifes characters, around 50-100 a month (not to mention the sub fees) but stopped dead in our tracks the second they started selling feats in lottery boxes. I can’t believe people still play when the devs clearly don’t give a crap about making quality content anymore and opt for cheap mobile game cash grab tactics. This game used to be great and could be again if they stopped with the pay to win crap. They are better than this.
    • Like x 7
  12. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

I have made a few threads on this topic and couldn't agree with the OP more. No progression in the game should be tied to the TC. None not even style feats. Progression should only be about game play and not your ability to open a wallet. I also agree that the player base that uses these forums has quieted down significantly and the moderators and removing posts they don't like. I have had at least one thread removed for no apparent reason and the power of this type of feedback to the development team appears to fall on deaf ears.
    • Like x 2
  13. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I hate to break it to all of you, but the true fact is that this entire game is/has been pay to win. It is exactly why the majority of players I brought to the game walked away once they got to a level and realized that they cannot advance without paying out cash. I mean this is literally the first game I have ever played that held PSN trophies hostage until you pay up. Much like TCs you get feats from episodes and episodes cost money. I am just throwing a guess out there, but I will go out on a limb and say that there are more feats tied to episodes then TCs. At least with TCs even purely free players can progress in some way shape or form. Beyond just episodes look at everything else. Bank space, inventory space, armories, and everything else is/has been monetized for quite a long time it sounds. I mean for real. Even Legends can be bought and I know for a fact that there are more SP to be earned from buying them then TCs currently have. Or even the pay to 100 thing. That is like 60+ something SP just given away.

Every game out there these days has some kind of "micro-transaction" in play. And just like DC Universe pretty much everything available on most of those games is obtainable without paying, but you can bet that it will not be handed to you on day one when it is all new and shiny. Unless you prepare in advance. It was the same way with GTA. People cried about the prices of things because the 3+ months between DLCs they did not do anything but spend money fighting. Meanwhile I would do the same, but I would also make sure to recover the cash I spent fighting and then some. Same exact thing that I have done here on DCUO. TCs are not rocket science. I am sure I probably got a bunch of hate for saying I loved them back on the day one release of this latest one. TCs are just like the stock market. It takes minimal smarts and some patience. That is really all there is to it. I've explained the system that definitely works several times. The worst part is that it is not even that hard.

The thing is that I can tell just from being on the "dead" villains side of the game that for every one person on here complaining about it there are at least 10 who will spend everything they have on them and I am majorly low balling that. If you cannot get the same feats then you are playing the game wrong. Sorry but seriously have you looked at how cheap some of that stuff ends up after a few weeks? Sure there may be some big ticket item out there, but considering that the majority of stuff from the capsules becomes worthless you really are not going to end up missing all that much SP if you even remotely try. I have 5 friends who have never invested a dime into this game outside of their membership. They may be missing some materials and some auras but that is not enough to make a clear cut difference in their performance. Even then in the long game I am sure they will end up with them.

At the end of the day this game has three ways to make money. Memberships, replays, and TCs. Keep in mind that money will be required to keep the servers up, developers working on fixing/making content, and they would need to make some sort of profit in order for either of those things to be necessary. I know that some of the people in the TC hater crowd don't even play the game anymore, but for those who do I would really urge you to pick your battles. Again it really baffles me at how this could even be a priority for anyone who truly cares about the game. Oh sure a few kids will cry because they didn't get what they wanted, but at the end of the day I think there is a mountain of other issues that should be prioritized. All I can say is just look at the revamp. We all know that the population took a big hit there. The clear cut fact is that at some point you have to ask yourself one simple question. Is it really worth losing more people over? You remove those feats and most of the TC stuff becomes worthless.

I will cling to the game until the bitter end, but I would really prefer that to be later rather than sooner. Sorry if anyone is offended or otherwise upset.
    • Like x 2
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The game is free to play, you don't have to pay to download it, I mean what were your friends expecting? Free dlc as well? The whole basis of dcuo since the dawn of it's time is you get what you pay for, free to play your way. That slogan got nothing to do with freedom of gameplay, but freedom to choose how much you want to pay. If your friends couldn't see that, well then I'm sorry for them.

Also last I recall people were upset for the skip to 100 cr boost for the same reason, hard feats were being handed out that took people years to grind out. The verdict is very simple, people do not want feats attached to money. They don't want cosmetic items attached to character progression. That's the bottom line of everyone's rant, has nothing to do with the amount of paywalls (well for some people), simply has to do with sp being thrown behind a dollar sign, and don't say dlc does that, because you still need to play the content to get those feats, which has been the primary way of getting feats since the beginning- actually playing the game.

DCUO started out as subscription only, there was no premium or free to play until November 2011, so yes it caters to that access level. DLC come free with your sub, so no one considers that a paywall except for the freemium players.

Edit: why is "play-your-way" blocked out??
    • Like x 5
  15. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

I recall the forums were well out of hand years ago. I stopped reading them because of that. Now I have removed shout chat from my default chat tab, because the filth is there; an issue I have not seen yet on the forums.
  16. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

I can respect the nice, albeit brownish approach. Maybe they'll listen
    • Like x 1
  17. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

Please reply by adding your pro or your con regarding the current "Capsule System"

Capsules PROS
    Daybreak makes more money

Capsules CONS
    Daybreak spends less time creating enjoyable content
    Capsules are a form of gambling
  18. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

That was a long read, and I didn't read it carefully, so please forgive me. I would, however, like to reply to a couple of things you've said.

You are right of course, that DC has never been play to win in the strictest sense. However, the base-game is play-to-win. Like many MMO's, downloadable content and expansion packs often cost money and are rarely associated with the play-to-win aspect.

Us players (I am on the fence though), who despise capsules while continuing to play resent that the playable player base is so small we are spending time smh at the crowd around the Brokers as our leagues are barren and LFG trickles with requests.
    • Like x 1
  19. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

I distinctly remember people spending money on Booster bundles and the like when they came out. I still see some of the original items on the broker for rather large sums of money. I don't recall hearing that the game was going broke then. The problem i have with the TC is in the RNG. Some people have luck and some don't. Up until this point I spent maybe $100 total on all the various versions of them and maybe 2000 loyalty points. I have not received one single rare item! NOT EVEN 1. I have had to buy everything i got of the broker or get them from generous league mates who happen to have the RNG magic. Since they attached feats to them there is this automatic drive to finish them. Anybody with more than 330 sp falls into this category and i bet if you look and the number of SP gained with the TC is starting to get to be a pretty good number. With the outrageous prices on the broker for TC collections i say the market needs to crash. Not everyone has a billion in game currency and I would rather play the game then the broker.
    • Like x 2
  20. recoil Committed Player

honestly the only problem i have with tcs is that they attached feats to styles and then put it behind several layers of paywall rng. all because somebody wanted a feat. what about those of us who just wanted a nice new style? no good wing styles in ages then they just suddenly throw wings of sin in the time capsule and then remove them with the next capsule rotation. do they have any idea how tactless that was when several forumites asked for them for years? with luck they'll put them and other purely stylist items in the new vendor for a good 100-500 quarks. i'd probably pulverize avatar of sin if the wings were made a new bounty reward for beating the avatar say 50 times.