Devs & Players can something be done about how we que?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Emerald Vibe, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

This past weekend i had a lot of free time so i decided to work on getting more skill points for my character but it was a pain to get anyone to que for anything especially on Villain side, even using LFG to ask people to help me que then leave took forever and i only got 2 feats done from Rise of the Bat Alert from some very helpful players who didn't even need those feats.

I still have tons of feats to complete in Bombshell, Black Dawn, Fatal Exams, Phantom Zone, ROTB, RITE & Brothers in Arms, just to name a few, even completing a simple feat like defeating Stompa first in Happiness Home has been ruined by players who clearly knew myself and other players needed that feat but they had to be on top of the scoreboard.

Some of the feats i need can be done solo since i'm an end game player, which is very annoying that i need que buddies.

To avoid players from being carried my suggestion to the devs is allow players depending on cr and how old that content is to que in solo to any old content or up to the group number required for Duos, Alerts or Raids.

I would also go as far as implementing experience runs which require players to have run and completed that instance successfully, 10 times for Duos 7 for Alerts & maybe 5 times for Raids?? just to be able to que in solo or up to the required number. (Keep in mind most players have ran old content more than 10 times so this is mainly to help players que in solo to complete feats or just a farming run)

Any suggestions & opinions?
    • Like x 5
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

excellent idea, only thing that'd need to be altered in some raids/alerts is the multi-player portion mechanics, as many old portal raids/alerts have not had their multiplayer mechanics removed like khandaq, the kryptonian fortress of solitude missions, sub construct, etc making them hard if not near impossible for some of them like the fortress ones where you literally need two groups for somethings. but the idea gets a + from me, maybe even just add new rewards to old episode related vendors and areas in true latest episode fashion to make others run old stuff they've been through to the point of familiarity born boredom.
    • Like x 1
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

We've been asking for this for about eight years now.

Supposedly trying to solo multiplayer content causes critical crashes (which is why the portal to Paradox Wave still hasn't been re-enabled).

I'd love it - it's been at the top of pretty much every request list I've ever made - but the devs don't deem it a priority.

(Heck, I've always wanted them to implement a Legends-like system that would allow you to populate any instance with extra Iconics. Need a partner for a quick Duo? How about Flash? Need folks to hit switches in Khandaq? Bring along the entire Justice League!) :D
    • Like x 7
  4. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

I don't think they keep records like that from long ago... tracking how many times we've gone into instance and completed.

for instance, there is a solo ( Happy Hippolyta - Amazon Fury Part I ) - that I've given up getting all the feats - due to I keep getting the same ally and the same statue - even though I've completed 2 of the 4 - I've yet to get the 2 I need.
    I do admit I have not gone back in for at least a year, but this is old content - where it really seems to be not keeping any type of count.
    In the past I ran this for 3-4 weeks (I think) and just couldn't get the right combo of ally and statue to appear - so that I could attempt to get the feat....

so though I like your idea - good luck - I don't think they'll do it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are referring to an adjustable queue size or group size and I'm 100% for that idea and many have suggested it before (including me). There are some where you would still need more people, but most raids up till maybe DWF can be done by a team of 4 end game players easy. Some feats require more bodies than others physically, like the wind tunnel in Fatal Exams (needs 3 at least), but being able to avoid random queuing in somebody would tank a feat purposely or accidentally when you have the minimum number needed would be great.

I'd avoid the 'must have run' scenario as A) it would probably be a lot of coding logic and further complicate the request and B) your toon might be an alt who just skipped some of the old content and you could be very experienced on your main already. I say if someone wants to try and solo GOME, let them try....they will figure it out when they try and use the lightning chain...if they got that far.
    #AdjustableQueueSize

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  6. MiniCake Level 30

Yeah something should have been done years ago .Some will say find a league but sometimes that doesn't even help .They need to also adjust that feat hell of a menu and revamp that crap.

Allow us to track feats like mission's so we don't have to keep going threw and scrolling over and over for that crap .Most feats if you don't know it you gotta goggle or write the Damn thing down it's 2019 already revamp the feat menus.
    • Like x 2
  7. EP Ice Loyal Player

Exact same reason I gave up trying to get that feat!
  8. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

There is something called "league" join one and try to get help from your league mates, if your league dont want to help you, just leave and try to find other more helpful league
  9. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

This is why I miss CR differential. That, along with walk in teleporters somwe can solo anything would have been perfect. The population doesn’t seem like it can support the playstyle it is now. Not enough queing ever.
  10. xPhantom Atom Well-Known Player

Why not implement a 'Duty Roulette' system like FFXIV has. Each day it resets and people queue a certain Duty Roulette (in DCUO case, Tier 7 raid, Tier 4 Alert etc) and add a reward scheme that would benefit players and make them want to run the older content (feats could them be potentially discussed as the instance is being run or implement a 'helping new players' bonus if feats are obtained).

The system works perfectly for FFXIV as new players who progress through the story or run earlier dungeons etc will have experienced players in the same runs because they get required rewards to continue helping them at their end-game stage.
  11. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

My thoughts on what you're thinking is that the problem is bigger than just 1 or you and a couple of other people.

Unfortunately, I have witnessed what happens with the game and how changes can be made from content affected by the player base.

My thoughts are that there is a problem and I happen to believe that the game does not and cannot get people to do anything that they don't want to do and your response along with the others that say they don't do it, for whatever reason contribute to the problem with low queues, even though your example is for a solo.

Group content being skipped, then when people decide to go back to low queues or hours of waiting, just imagine if all the people who need the feats from older content queued and stopped running endgame content, would endgame content queues suffer a mass drop...

If you don't want to run an instance that will reward you with a feat, because of your feelings is you don't like the chance rate for that instance, others will have their own reason not to run said instance and not run it.

I feel for the OP, I do, but I doubt anything can or will be done to the current system in place with queues outside of cosmetic changes.
  12. inferno Loyal Player

They have to address the issue eventually, all these cr skip to 210; there's literally hundreds of skill points in those skipped over content.
    • Like x 1
  13. Yaiba Committed Player

Just ignore the skill points, they're not important :)
  14. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Being a completeist (an obsessive [typically indiscriminate] collector or fan of something.) or a completionist (a player who attempts to complete every challenge and earn every achievement or trophy) is just another type of addict feeding on a different kind of addiction.

The DEVs focus a great deal on end-gamers to the detriment of older content.
    They have the newest end-gamer content open to all characters level 10 or higher. They want end-gamers to have someone to game with (and the other way around when a player gets to level 30 as well). This is a method to funnel players to content so that they have someone to game with.
    [NOTE :: How allowing level 10+ into high-end content works for me : I didn't play for a good while. When I came back they had opened up the newest content for level 10+. This gave me alternate methods of leveling, and made making/playing alts more fun (especially after they streamlined the lower level advancement paths to make more room for the newer content so that the game would still fit on the PS3). I like to play my characters in their genre. So when there is a holiday event or content, I like to play characters that fit to that content. I make characters based on powers, and then fell best when I cam play them in there genre. If I make a Golden Age character, I would prefer to run in "old school" [before the first Crisis] Golden Age content. If I make a Magic/Mystic based character, I want to play them in supernatural content. If I make Sea-dwelling characters, I want to run them in Atlantis-based content. If I make a Legion-based character, I'm pretty much out-of-luck.]
    The DEVs have given at least 2 free CR boosts (and players can pay to be CR boosted) to get more players into "higher" CR game content but not to the current "highest" CR so that there will/were more characters to work toward the newest content.
    [NOTE : How the free CR boost has worked for me :: I have had two characters "free CR boosted". The first character just broke into Deluge CR content. The second has made it into Atlantis CR content. The first character, I was very glad to get into the War-Torn CR content. I liked playing that content. Unfortunately, my character has already CR'd past it. The second character was water-based (power and genre) so I wanted to make sure that that character would be able to get into Atlantis the new content came out. I achieved that a while back, so I can work on other characters as I have one that will be able to get in to the content when ever I want. I would not advocate giving free CR Boots more than once or twice a year. I think the first option goes a long way to make sure that characters on both ends (low level and highest CR) have others to game with.]

The DEVs did "try" to sort more players into lower level content so characters had other players to game with (on the lower levels/CRs) and to feat with (for end-gamers) by making players play level/CR specific content in order to gain the catalyst necessary to level up Artifacts. There is no nice way to put this. This put a bunch of rude end-gamers into lower-level/CR content that could care-less about the enjoyment of the other players.

Feat-chasing is a narrow band of players. Spread that out over all the content and the total number of feat-chasers is spread-out to even smaller numbers. (and, of course, once a feat is achieved, they will no longer be working on it - thus, decreasing the number of feat chasers for that feat!).

I would tend to think that completeist/completionists would be more likely to come to the forums than "normal" gamers (I could go into my breakdown of forum-goers, but that's another thread). Therefore, if you are out there chasing feats for a certain CR, than posting here in the forums about what CR feats (maybe even specifics) here in the forums might be the best way to go in order to save gaming time. Others could then respond and the group could set-up a time(s) when people would be on-line in order work on that certain CR feat or specific feat.
    I'm sure there are other options, but that seems to narrow it down. The DEVs might even give you a separate forum to do it in ... if there is enough interest.
    • Like x 1
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

They would have to get bigger servers to handle all of the extra instances being run at the same time in order to make raids, alerts and duos all solo.

Not that I wouldn't like it but I just do not think it's possible with the servers that they have now.

16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ever try making a league?

Not saying something shouldn't be done. I only play with a few of my buddies on any day. Solo most of the time. I get old feats, those are rough. Here's a tip, trick, suggestion that has worked for me. Try using alts for some of the older feats. Try looking if the villain side for help. Replays work on feats, so there are many options available to try and do the content.

If there's one of you on the forums looking for help like this, I'd bet there are hundreds of players in your same situation. Forming your own league on your main, on an alt, whatever. Post in the league section of the forums. Making league that mainly wants to work on old feats. You don't and won't need all end game players for most of it.
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I remember maybe Dox crashing 2-3 times of the 20+ I ran. I don't mind the crashes as long as I get to run solo. I think if they just enable the instances for any group size, they can consider them "run at your own risk". I really wish they would just allow you to queue any instance and see what happens. Especially operations on the villain side. Those are practically impossible since they aren't task force X.
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

when catalyst was in lower tier content, I don't think it was rude players was the real issue, it was the fact that you can only do it once a week, and it slowed down the process, so in away, for the most part maybe 2-3 had a faster queue and after that it went back to the same.