DEVS: Play From Tray Failing to Hit NPC's

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SteHyatt, Oct 12, 2018.

1. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Hi Devs

I have posted vids on twitter and had no feed back on them despite feedback on other comments.

Superpowers are failing to hit a lot despite landing on NPC's and in vault presents.

Fire: flame cascade main weapon in open world (don't use weapons) fails to hit along with other powers in vault and open world a lot recently. Resorting to using weapons to hit targets which defeats the object of PFT.

Any ideas when this will be fixed please? Am I able to post video or links here for you to see the issues?

Cheers
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I have 3 toons that are all PftT and have seen 0 issues. Could you be more specific on what you're experiencing?
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'm noticing this on the seasonal outside stuff.
    • Like x 7
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Definitely happening on the seasonal stuff.
    • Like x 4
  5. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Can I load video here? So you can see.
  6. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Adds in seasonal open world daily mission are scripted to take 1 damage. When you apply DoT powers to more than 3 adds, they stop taking damage. DoT split damage will only work if there's 3 adds max.
    • Like x 2
  7. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

It seems like a simple solution for damage calculations to be if damage split brings the damage to less than 1 to round up to 1.

Of course, I don't know the programming behind it so it could be more complex than what I'm making it out to be.
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Load to youtube first and you should be good to go.
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

This was fixed last year. What happened?

TESTERS.......... YOU MISSED SOMETHING.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

It wasnt missed. Its the same issue thats been happening for the past year or so. Just another silly thing that wasnt fixed. What Ive noticed though is if you get the ghosts out of the fire, they start taking damage so it could be a mechanic or a bug. We report, Devs decide.
    • Like x 1
  11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Fear gas for Gadgets puts a DoT on all 5 of the them. Ive tested
    • Like x 1
  12. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I noticed if u kill one with a weapon too the rest will take power damage (one with 5 ghosts)
    • Like x 3
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I've noticed this too with flame cascade on seasonal adds in Gotham. But no issues with my nature or quantum toons.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Remember when people swung their weapons? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
    • Like x 6
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The whole point of seasonal adds taking little damage is so low levels can complete the objectives too.
    • Like x 2
  16. useless Well-Known Player

I only play fire and always thought it was intended that way,some fire powers don't do damage to seasonals,don't break boxes in vault,in earth3 open world daily don't do damage to boxes that are guarded by 2 npc's ......
  17. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

In the meantime, there is still the weapon option. It’s easy to kill npcs with your weapon and funny thing is, you don’t need to spec into precision :)
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

Ice has always had the issue of not hitting objects with powers, like in the vault. Same with splitting of damage on seasonals. That's why we have weapons, though.
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

20. Trexlight Devoted Player