Devs- New Events Idea "Reborn"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SixSigma, Feb 23, 2016.

1. SixSigma Well-Known Player

How about the idea of revamping 1 older Raid and an Alert into the highest tier content a month. Pretty much on the events tab we'd see "Reborn: Sunstone Matrix". Imagine playing Khandaq or Power Core or even Inner Sanctum but "Reborn" as Tier 7 content in this case, or whatever the highest tier at the time would be. The drops could even be standard highest tier gear but with unique styles. No Marks would be earned but gear and unique styles would, plus the satisfaction of playing some of that classic content in a higher tier fashion.

I'm not a dev but I don't imagine it'd be too difficult to try considering all you'd be doing is stat boosting the entire content and modifying the loot table. By too difficult I mean in comparison to creating all new content. Just an idea but I think that most of the community would have a lot of fun with content like this.
    • Like x 10
  2. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

That is what wow does currently...so I doubt it is that difficult but they do have 250 developers..
    • Like x 2
  3. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I'd love it!
    • Like x 2
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'd love that, but no high end gear. New content will be pointless then. Just unique styles, items, collections, materials, exc rec kits, exobits, etc. Also to be more in line with DC, instead of Reborn, it'll be "Rebirth" as DC comics is replacing/revamping the New 52 into "Rebirth". But thumbs up definitely!
    • Like x 3
  5. SixSigma Well-Known Player

That makes a lot of sense for the drops. Side Note: I'm pretty excited to see what DC does with the new Rebirth series in May. I'm pretty much gonna buy up every variant cover #1's I can find, lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. GI Jessie Well-Known Player

I would love to see an elite version of the vault.
    • Like x 4
  7. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Actually, this would be a cool idea where by completing the "Rebrith: (insert raid or alert)" event, you could get an Elite Vault TIcket that has unique styles and a chance to get Omni-gear or something like that. That would be freakin' cool.
    • Like x 2
  8. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Awesome. Can I has all your op gear?
    • Like x 1
  9. Veritasum Loyal Player

10. SixSigma Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  11. SixSigma Well-Known Player

I've told you time and time again bro... I will help you farmz dem OP gearz.
    • Like x 1
  12. DrTyme Well-Known Player

I've pitched a similar idea, but I'm thinking instead of current cr buff it up a little bit so it can feel relevant longer. This gives new players a chance to experience these classic instances, and to get feats that they may have missed leveling.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I'd love to return to Paradox Wave T7 style - or well T8 by the time this would hypothetically be implemented.

Also Nexus (pre-nerf), FOS2, BC2 (Brother Eye's spin would be OP), Kahndaq, and the Amazon Fury raids (Labyrinth of Lost Souls, Halls of Hades, and Throne of the Dead).
    • Like x 2
  14. SixSigma Well-Known Player

I agree those would be a blast. I would personally play the hell out of Courthouse and Gates.
    • Like x 1
  15. omegahawk74 Committed Player

I would find it boring as why play the same mission's at a higher cr when you already did them in a lower cr. I mean ok like if they redid the maps to make them bigger or add new stuff to make them interesting to actually want to go back and play then fine. But I just can't see were it would be really any more fun to fly around the same maps again as a higher cr.
  16. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Well the reason many of us like it is because it was fun playing them in the time when they were challenging. There aren't too many recent raids that have the same feel as those older raids and alerts did. So by revamping them to higher standards but keeping the mechanics the same it would bring back the same feeling that most players miss from running content. Don't get me wrong, the new content is still fun but it's not the same level as those were in the past. But, I understand it's not gonna be for everyone.
    • Like x 1
  17. omegahawk74 Committed Player

No I mean I wouldn't mind running say Khandaq as its a good size map but I would have to hope they would just put like maybe another section to it as well like make it bigger so it doesn't feel the same. Also put more boss's or new boss's to fight instead. Then I would think it to be more fun to replay again at a higher level. Also new styles that are back in that time in history.
    • Like x 1
  18. Minnion Devoted Player

For many the absence of over-geared players sucking all the challenge out of it would be enough to make it feel different... ;)

For many they want it to feel the way it did before anyone was over-geared for it...
    • Like x 1
  19. Kharhaz Committed Player

Or just scrap this monthly BS, and put some thought into new DLC that we would not mind buying?

Sure buffing an old level is an idea, however they are doing that now with the newer monthly stuff. Its called Elite, and its boring.

For gods sake, is this all it takes these days to satisfy todays player? buff an old raid?

How about create something new and interesting?
  20. Minnion Devoted Player

Why would it have to be mutually exclusive? Pretty sure that the OP was talking about the idea of re-releasing "Buffed" versions of old raids as free content to go with the new content the Devs are already producing and selling...
    • Like x 3