Devs made a new powerset without even realizing it.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kanmaru, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

The whole "Metal" substance that the enemies have on their bodies could actually be used as a the next powerset. The Bio for the "Metal" power could be that you were able to break free while controlling the power and make it your own.

It would allow hardening of the body, shape shifting and damage mitigation. Basically, a Tank powerset. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO7UoECja2piRdJ3MrASOflFFxSeJigyNrfeULwphIW6gx5p0a

The Metal substance kind of reminds me of the "T-1000" from the Terminator. https://3238leblogdemarvelll-1278.k...erminator-5-genisys-poster-t-1000-550x446.jpg

You can not only tank but turn certain body parts into weapons and use them as dual scythes/sickles. This image is what "Metal's" shielding power could be used like to absorb damage https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQodjWYKzlhnJYSpl2DGDt636vSyqXt7_xDoszDTIgvvgnsPc58

I did not think to make up a list of powers for the powerset but I'm sure the Devs could come of with something. Maybe even the community could come up with some power descriptions?
    • Like x 3
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

would you as the community even want "Metal" as a new tank power?
  3. Disruptor Well-Known Player

What you have described is a power set by these characters:
    Metal Men
    Clayface
    Guy Gardner when he had the Vuldarian powers and called himself Warrior
    Inque
    Plastic Man
    Offspring
    • Like x 1
  4. hazard099 Active Player

that would be awesome always wanted a dedicated shape shifting power aka plastic man
  5. Disruptor Well-Known Player

It would probably be similar to Nature and its multiple forms but have certain powers while in that form but lose access to other powers and not be supercharge for changes More like Invisibility for Gadgets.

The flying form would be a kite of all things(both Plastic Man and Tina(Platinum) when they wanted to fly great distance, each turned themselves into a kite. The kite would have a single target pull like mesmerizing lasso(it would be the tail of the kite doing the pull)

I have no idea what the acrobatics or super-speed form would be.

The full transformation would have the same color or material as the chest on that toon and transforming an arm into a spike or ax would use the pallet or material used on the hands armor
    • Like x 1
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

That would be cool too.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jasper Pain New Player

Would be cool
  8. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

I would rather have a phasing power, where you can move through objects and all the others in your party that block you in so you can't move.
    • Like x 1
  9. Soke_Remy_Gambit Well-Known Player

That sounds sweet and super fun. But I'd love to have a powerset like Magneto, or Mystique.