Devs involved in PvP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Doom Patroller, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Doom Patroller Active Player

While navigating elsewhere forums, a recurrent thought on what the DCUO Dev Team was devicing for PvP in the short term, and what the plans were in the long term assaulted me again. Is there something concrete? Is there anything at all?

Mantaining the absolute silence towards your PvP community is an answer in itself, and not a very polite one at it, in my opinion. I know I'm not the only one concerned about this (and you would know as well, if you're not completely ignoring PvP forums), and any sign of life on the devs part would be better than what we are getting at this moment, even a confirmation on what I'm personally suspecting: DCUO won't improve on PVP anymore.
    • Like x 4
  2. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

IMO, they should drop PVP and LPVE, and focus on PVE only game. Do away with the feats and the countless hours of LPVE runs.
  3. Red Batern Well-Known Player

I disagree. You're suggesting progression through regression which is usually, not always, but usually only necessary when there are no other options. There are obviously other options.

Issuing a statement that QoL issues, new pve content, graphic reskins etc etc is on top of the priority list is sufficient enough imo. It's not ideal, but it's sufficient for now.

What baffles me, is how DB fails to see the opportunity in PvP. PvP gameplay has continued to gain traction over the years and that WILL NOT change any time soon. To compound the confusion, one only needs to see that almost every fundamental mechanic necessary to make DCUO have an enjoyable and PROFITABLE PvP scene is already there.

There has to be more to the story than we know, it's only logical. I play A LOT of PvP games, and some of my best memories of any PvP is from earlier days in DC.

Someone really needs to have a sit down with upper management. Such a missed cashcow.
    • Like x 3
  4. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

I agree with you. The PvP scene is just dead making the game only PvE will be better for them and the game overall
  5. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

PvP scene is dead cause they clearly wanted it to at the last revamp!
    if they did care about it they would have made a separate patch note for pvp

but hey i dont blame them since its kinda hard to setup lucrative money grab in pvp that kinda of thing is made for PvE, and since this game only stretches as far as money grab does, well there you have the full lenght of it