DEVS -- How the Frag Do We Obtain This Weapon Style in 2021?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

After years of seeing it on NPCs, I've finally learned that this Dual Pistol Style...

[IMG]

..is called Machine Gun and is theoretically obtainable by Player Characters, BUT the Devs, in their infinite wisdom, have removed what was by far the easiest way to obtain it! :mad:

These are the known ways to obtain it:

1. As a drop, and a very rare one, at that, from the Brainiac's Bottle Ship 8-player Raid that, naturally, no one bothers to queue up for anymore! :(

2. By purchasing R&D Plans to make the appropriate Unattuned Weapon Box from Vendor 212223 GONE AS OF GAME UPDATE 85! It wouldn't have been bad if the style was maintained on the new Dual Pistol options offered by that Vendor, but it wasn't. Instead those guns were changed over to a completely different style (Semi-Auto Pistol, I believe.)

3. There are RUMORS of it being available in a Purple Weapon Box offered by a Vendor in newer content, but I have taken my highest level character (current CR is 304 or 305) into all the content I can enter and NONE of the Vendors I can access offer this weapon style from the Dual Pistols in their Weapon Boxes! :(

So, pray tell, DEVS, WHERE THE FRAG DO I GET THESE GUNS WITHOUT RUNNING AN 8-PLAYER RAID THAT NO ONE QUEUES UP FOR ANYMORE?!?!?!? :confused:

P.S. Clearly no one bothers to update the Wikias/Online Gameplay Guides with this kind of info anymore, 'cuz I checked BOTH the ones I know about, and they still mention getting the R&D Plans from Vendor 212223, which means they haven't been updated since before Game Update 85 hit! :mad:
    • Like x 1
  2. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I did bottle ship on Saturday just popped as a random queue, and I've done wit many many times with groups from LFG. It can take some time, but people definitely still do this raid. If you want the raid (and it's feats, styles, etc.) take the time to make a group, it's actually a pretty cool instance too.

The trouble with weapon boxes is that there's no way to preview the style inside :(

I'll check through my toons later and see if I can at least give you a definite name for the style.
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The names from the original Raid drops are "[Descriptive Word] Nanowire Machine Gun" according to the vastly out of date Wikia Guide.
  4. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Yeah, it is Machine Gun, and it only drops from Brainiac's Bottle Ship, in purple boxes. The Episode vendors you referred to will sell you retro future or turf styles, you should be able to access all previous episode vendors. I don't believe it's available form any vendor currently, though. Sorry :(

Looks like if you want it, you have to head into the bottle ship! Be sure to have your mic ready, as the instance requires a few simultaneous switch activations, and you cannot see the other person to watch their cog. Good luck!
    • Like x 4
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Good luck indeed. This is one of the few runs that I won't run unless I know at least a few of the people in the group. I get tired of explaining the cogs over and over as we fail, fail, fail to do them correctly. And many people will for whatever reason NOT go on mic...I normally even put in there 'You don't need to talk, just listen'. The 2nd boss room isn't too bad, but that 6 man hallway one is a cluster F every time. We'll get it done eventually, but it's exhausting sometimes.
    • Like x 4
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I have them on my Munitions toon...haven't the slightest clue where I got it from. Sorry i'm of no help here (other than to confirm they do exist).
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Dude, it’s the purple/event weapon box from the Titans episode. I just bought one from nearly every single episode vendor to check because like I told you, I was CERTAIN I’d seen it in one, I just couldn’t remember which episode it was. So you better see this. :p
    • Like x 6
  8. infinitygauntlt Well-Known Player

Good Afternoon more war-hammers, maces, chains, whips for 1handed, dual wield.
    all weapons : energy type customizable.
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Does it come from a Vendor, or from an event in there? I checked the Titans Vendors, both the one outside the portal, and the ones on top of the Titans Tower, and none of them seemed to have it, but I'll go check again. Thanks!
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sounds like it's in the purple 'weapon' box, then you'd have to open the box and select the weapon, then open THAT box to actually see the style.

Russian dolls and all.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure I bought what was available from the Vendors on top of Titans Tower, and only got other weapon styles, but I'll go check again.
  12. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

They mean the purple event level gear box at the bottom of the vendor not gold. I just got it
    • Like x 4
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yeah, that was totally my bad, guys and gals, I didn't scroll far enough down the list. :oops:

But I totally have them now, and Snake-Eyes is now dual-wielding LIKE A BOSS!!! :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

FYI, for those that care about such things, the Real Life weapon that Ray Park used in G.I.*Joe: Retaliation was featured in an episode of the cable TV series Future Weapons. I have NEVER felt the need to own a firearm for self defense, but if that should ever change, I want a H&K MP7-A1! Not that it's legal for civilians to own one at this time, mind you... it's only available to the military and authorized Law Enforcement Agencies, at least when Future Weapons was filmed, anyway. :(

Anyway, if, like me, you grew up on a steady diet of G.I.*Joe comics, cartoons, and toys, and you're a bit of a geek about military hardware, check out the 2-3 seasons they did of Future Weapons, it's great stuff! :cool:

As for the source of these guns in-game, it's in the MOTO WEAPONS BOX from the Titans Equipment Supplier. You don't even have to go into the content, you can buy it from him in your HQ where he's standing next to the portal to the content! :D

Thanks again, everyone. Much obliged to you, 9001BPM, for helping me track this down. :D
    • Like x 5