DEVS: Glad to see something is happening

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Dene Devoted Player

exactly this.. ppl took advantage.. taking advantage of something broken to get lots of money is not "playing thre broker" it is exploiting
    • Like x 1
  2. Dene Devoted Player

I think he has a Collyer st left :)
  3. Miahztwin Committed Player

I have a neon that I bought from trade chat, but it's sitting in my alts bank. So my guess is if you bought an item that was exploited and resold it, you get the boot. Just speculation though
  4. Gigi Bear Active Player

There looking into my account and I'll be back soon. I did nothing wrong. This is just a misunderstanding cause I'm a 6 year player , and I'm smart holding items for years. It's not my fault items turn out to be billion dollars. Most my items I put in Broker. I barley trade. I'm good
  5. Dene Devoted Player

If it was an error then i'm sure it will work out in the end.. for you and others

Devs, in my opinion, are being rightfully cautious - this may lead to errors.. but in cases like this, especially if they can fix and reinste incorrect bans, it is better to cast a wider net then adjust than a small net and ppl get away with it
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

100% true, but there is a difference between those who had an incidental benefit and those who saw the writing on the wall and went for broke. I sold my stuff at around the same velocity as I normally would and yes, adjusted for some inflation as needed. I did avoid selling a few things because it would have brought in TOO much money...money I had no need of unless it was enough for a chroma, and if I had gone for that, likely I'd have been banned too. (and I'd probably be complaining too).

Here's another unpopular opinion. I'd say about 80% of the people complaining because they got their stuff fair and square KNEW their income was coming from ill-gotten gains. I knew it....you knew it, and I'd guess most other people knew it too. If you knew it and pushed the envelope to the point it caught someone's eye, you got busted.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think that's worth a 100 Million now....I'll take it!

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I remember back when the first TC glitch happened a while back. At the time i had heard rumblings something was going. Ive never exploited or cheated or bought gold or traded psns or Anyhting. Spent too much money on the game to lose it. But i remember seeing mats on the broker for cheaper than normal like Phoenix and all them and went huh. So i saved up and bought ones that i could through the broker. I had no way of knowing for sure where they came from or why they were there. All i knew was i tried to make money in the game for something on the broker i wanted. It was like the total opposite of what happened here. This totally broke the economy.

But as mepps said. People who just used the broker or traded weren't banned. If you did nothing wrong and played the game as intended theres nothing to worry about. As long as you personally didnt take part in any cheating you're fine. Ive never been banned. Only a few forum bans temporarily. ( sorry mepps)

But as mepps said if you played the game within its confines you have nothing to worry about.
    • Like x 2
  9. Stark23 Committed Player

I was cleared of any wrong doing. I accept your apology Proxy.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Im sorry.

To hear you got unbanned.
    • Like x 1
  11. mhead11 New Player

You definitely contributed to thw broken economy...enjoy the ban
  12. mhead11 New Player

Lol u been to HOD? i promise u bans are definitely happening
  13. Stark23 Committed Player

That’s actually not correct and I my suspension was lifted, thanks though.
  14. Stark23 Committed Player

Glad players have a place to come and be supported by other players. Thanks to those that shared their feedback and to the Devs for their quick response.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Kinda off topic, but does anyone think that if they did a cash reset they could merge xbox and switch to the ps/pc?
  16. mhead11 New Player

Lol yes. Yes you should.
  17. mhead11 New Player

Omg youre that girl who was calling people broke in HOD arent you???
    • Like x 1
  18. Marek Committed Player

Point me to the spot in the tos that says "selling items on the broker that is deemed way to much by other players opinions" is a bannable offense.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Welp....I see they are pulling back many of the bans after only 3 days. That figures. So let's recap the situation so far.
    1) Glitch money....get money....sell money, all against the TOC. Seems to be ok
    2) Buy money from glitcher, also against the TOC. Seems to be ok
    3) Don't buy money, but sell at 10x the going rate for items 'cause you can'...not against TOC directly but adding to the problem. Also ok
    4) Don't buy money....don't price gouge to capitalize on the situation....now remain left behind as the trillionaires with all the stockpiles of goods return. Yeah...that seems about right.

Can I change the title of the thread to "DEVS.....shame on you" still, or is it too late?

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  20. Kensama New Player

So does anyone have an idea when the part of the game that adds real life economic #ninjanomics (internal broker error) to their game-play will return. I mean lord knows they could have enacted this level of concern to the plethora of gold spam bots we are forced to add to our stratagem, adding to ignore on a daily basis. At least if they're not going to do anything about that hindrance which clogs up the chat boxes with " 24/7/365 exploiters", they could at least add some feats to the number of spambots we're forced to add to ignore otherwise it is all we would ever read. With all this said, its disheartening after spending money on my TC gambling, still having like 160 tc's to open from the resurgence capsules, not to mention everything else clogging up 13 alts where only 6 are on endgame. I've never exploited anything since the fos3 bug where you could re-enter fight after a death... like forever ago... Get with the program whomever is charged with maintaining a happy and active community.. this is beyond unbelievable.... rant ova... peace