devs elitist and noobs..soultion

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by IdontDps, Feb 5, 2014.

1. IdontDps Committed Player

how about with large group dlc we get novice and expert raids? everyone should be happy then right?
    • Like x 4
  2. GregDawe New Player

Do you mean same raids, lower CR requirements and therefore lesser loot? If so it would seriously help the current raids so that when the required 'elitest' CR is met, at least you have experience, instead of being thrown in the deep end with people who are often over critical and take the game far too seriously.

It may take the fun out of the later stages of the game though, making it somewhat repetitive?
    • Like x 4
  3. DivineSire Dedicated Player

For the millionth time.....no. The novice/expert idea did not work when it was implemented because NO ONE wanted to play the novice raid when the expert raid dropped all the good stuff so that's when nearly everyone just got their higher tiered buddies to run them through expert for all the goods. So your challenge is to find a way around that without affecting the other.........
    • Like x 3
  4. thelostczarnian New Player

dont allow under geared to walk in?
    • Like x 3
  5. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Id be happy if we could actually get the plural of raid in large DLCs. If only 1 raid is gona be in each large group then we should get at least 1 raid w/ every DLC regardless of large or small.
    • Like x 4
  6. pyroshade13 Committed Player

yes introducing an expert/novice to the end game content would solve the problem
  7. Bast10n Committed Player

What if they added this to Hall of Legends. Leagues could Q up from their League base for older content with whatever desired difficulty they wanted. There would be no loot drops but the Statistics would be tied to a Server Leader Board.

Players looking for a Challenge would have it.
    • Like x 1
  8. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Nobody could be undergeared because the raid requirement was the same for both. But you have made me think about possibly having the raid requirement for a novice version a bit lower than the regular raid..........have to sit on that idea!! What do you think??
  9. IdontDps Committed Player

t
    people are still qing up for novice just not pre-made groups
  10. thedoctor New Player

oh, i'm sorry, i didn't know you were a dev and able to make decisions on the game. huh... crazy that you're a dick about it like you're runnin' this joint when you're a nobody...
  11. X-zero Loyal Player

Most people don't really want a challenge they just want to be stronger then the average person. If people really just want a challenge just make novice and expert version but have them drop the exact same loot. The expert version would be no different except it would be more of a challenge. Then see how many actually run the harder one.

Even the stronger leagues would start to run the easier one because it is faster to get loot.
    • Like x 3
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Novice raids were only introduced to help young players start raiding. Once you are T5 you are no longer considered a young player according to the devs so you are not a novice you are an expert.
  13. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Novice raids were introduced to allow newer, less experienced and skilled players a way to get their feet wet in raids, nice idea.

Players rarely ran them and with the introduction of mods, rather have people walk them in and/or carry them thru the harder content for better rewards in hopes of being able to power thru the content.

In the end, if armor and high CRs weren’t the only means thru which these players wanted to improve their character, which means rushing to the top content as fast as possible, the novice raids would be fine.

…this is just not the case!!!
  14. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

What if Novice raids didn't loot-lock you out of the experts? They cost the same amount of tokens to replay, so maybe lower that also? The novice rewards are half what the experts are anyway, right?
    (I know it's less, but not positive on how much less)

Seems like that might help things. Perhaps more incentive for people new to raids to go into novices and learn it a few times first.
    *shrugs*

**Puts two pennies on the table**
  15. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I agree & I was thinking that samething. Only the one raid and that one that is already too easy. There should b at least 1 semi difficult raid & 1 hard raid one of each. Already there r many players that I know, that came back for this DLC and achieved everything because of using replays and now have nothing to do because it was so easy to get it all quickly. There r some leagues...just gone that I know of because of the lack of content. The alerts r not very fun either. Especially with the bad rendering, loading times & the issues with opening inventory and having lag & visual problems.
  16. RageQQ New Player

Um, clarify elitist ?

Because to me the majority are the elitist. Not the hardcore 8 man teams who have been playing together for years and can clear content easily.
  17. KN1TE Dedicated Player

The reason it didn't work is...even at novice. New players don't know what to do. Mentors (Superman, etc. not a player) should take them thru what to do and explain techniques for healing, tanking, damage and controlling. To help teach. Kinda like the brainiac ship.
    • Like x 1
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Exactly this game is long overdue for a tutorial to help new players learn roles
  19. Prodigy_Deity New Player

i dont know why players are trying to make the game easier. If you cant beat a raid then either come back when you have more gear or go ahead and take a look at your loadout.
    • Like x 1
  20. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Learn to read words and reply, not assume what my emotions are.....your mistake, apology accepted!! If you had been around this game and forum for a while and your comprehension skills were up to par you would know this to be true because you would have read the multiple threads about the subject, you also would've been talking to people in game (not just those in your league or on your friends list either) and even SEEN IT HAPPEN FOR YOURSELF IN REAL LIFE.

So let me ask you...........since the FOS runs have a novice version how many times have you run them?? And since what the OP asked for is available for the FOS runs........do you still see people in FOS 1,2 or 3 not know what there doing??

We will all wait for your elegant reply!!