Devs: Could You Increase The Ignore List?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Mine and players I know have brought up the fact that our ignore lists have capped out. About 80% of mine is due to gold bots that spam throughout the day. Thanks in advance at looking at a solution for this.
    • Like x 6
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Gold bots rinse through their names and don't use them for very long, you only need to keep them on the list for a few days then remove them to make more space.
  3. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Definitely needed for those of us that have been playing for awhile.
    • Like x 1
  4. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Don't add gold bots they get new ones every day. I want the ignore list to be account wide and to have it set to where I don't get qued with anyone on my ignored list.cause mine is mostly players that go afk for the hole event or raid or players that force me to run a raid without a roll even though my roll optional is turned off or if you act like a elitist I normally ignore you cause you start belittling the group or jump out after one wipe. If I put you there I really don't wanna play with you so I wish it worked like that
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

If account ignores wont queue you with anyone you ignore, queues will go up exponentially the more players players ignore each other.

Since each group have to be found where no one is on anyone's ignore list.

Either the ignored player wont get queue into any runs, or the queue wont pop for the ignorer because the ignored is on a role that the Group finder queue needs and that is given priority for the group, pushing the Ignorer back in the queue line
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I also want a faster way to take names off to make room.
    • Like x 4
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So you'd rather have a queue pop and fill with a person who will just stand there, or not play role if they do something? Or maybe someone who is spouting nonsense out in chat the whole time...being toxic...or whatever else would get them on the 'ignore' list in the first place?

Just asking...personally I agree with Artemis. If I ignore you, it's probably for a reason. I'd guess that reason will still apply next time. If not...oh well, my loss I guess.
    • Like x 5
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

/kick

That is my solution.
  9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I agree. This needs to be increased because the game is getting older, population is growing and there isn't enough automatic purging. I actually went back and removed the spambots and any inactives.
    • Like x 2
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I really don't see a reason to ignore anyone... ever.

Maybe if I was a smoke show with some huge bitties and creepy dudes kept telling me they wanted to touch me or something then... maybe.

I don't think the rest of us really have anything to worry about though.
  11. Jcal Dedicated Player

One of my characters hit the cap months ago and since then I've had to remove someone from ignore every time a new name goes in. It sucks, but I've gotten used to the longer process. If only the ignore list didn't close out whenever a name is removed... sigh. Wish I could do a massive clearing in one go.

A larger ignore cap would be appreciated. Until then, one gold bot goes in, one gold bot comes out.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, as you can't do that for 5 min or so....and can only do it every 3 hours...that's not exactly a great solution. I know that doesn't come into play that much as you stand around the HOL chatting and hanging out though.
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

11....11 names on the ignore list...
  14. myandria Item Storage

100% agree! It is very annoying to ignore a character on each character you choose to switch to. Account wide ignores work better than single character ones when you have more than a few alts.

What I would add, however, is a choice of how to ignore:
    1. Ignore character
    2. Ignore account
    3. Ignore league/supergroup
    • Like x 4
  15. Eve YouTuber

Absolutely. There is no enough space for all the bots in the game that keep spamming Shout or LFG, and a few kids in shout chat that has nothing better to do than spam racist crap and the like all day.
    • Like x 4
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ooooh. If there were options for 'ignore', I'd like these, but additionally if there were 'ignore permanently' vs 'ignore for 3 months'. That would give you the option to ignore bots without cluttering up the list, as bots cycle names periodically. Also, it might give someone a chance to have a 1 time unhinged brain dump in chat, but later redeem themselves and not be blinked out of your chat forever.

Bad players, over the top toxic players, or just wierdos you don't ever want contacting you again, go permanent....others might get a temp.

Now, granted this sounds like a lot of work that will never happen....but if we are making a wish list....why not?
    • Like x 2