[DEVS] Analysis Overview of Elite

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Im apologiest that Elite should be hard, and having that in mind I would like to discuss what I think is failing in the current elite raids.
    One of the biggest problems I see is the dps's. I would like to enumerate the current dps's of dcuo.

[IMG]

I belive Elite should target the Decent DPS and penalize the Godlike ones, after all if the job of a GodLike DPS can be easly replaced with a macro, I donĀ“t see any skill at all.

Unlike other Elite euthanist I have a very negative prespective of Elite DPS and their respective role because of the following reasons:
    - Tend to ignore mechacnis when they occour
    - Tend to bypass mechanics with excessive burn

Currently, the groups I know are completing TOTDe in about 15 mins. For a raid that in my opinion should take at least 25mins. Having that in mind lets let's discuss what its failing and what changes could be done to address this problems, I will use TOTDe as the example.

1) Ares Boss
    I think in order to kill this boss the groups should be forced to kill essence at least 7 times or more. In case Ares takes to much damage, he should become immune until other essence dies.
    Orbitals should only deal damage when essence dies, instead of everytime you use it.

2) Aeacus, Minos, Rhadamanthus
    I saw direct correlation between the amount of atomic high density usage and the easy shread of this bosses. I think this bosses should be literaliy unkillable, until every boss was targetable at least once. Having that in mind, if a boss drops bellow 50% hp, it should have a defense increase and if for some reason reaches 1%hp, it should not be able to die, until all other bosses were targetable.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

So you are wanting to add speed checks to slow down the high end? This just punishes everyone in the end, though.

I get your concept, don't exactly agree with everything, but I don't see how your changes would make it any better. Just be more annoying for all players, not just the "sweaty" ones.

Edit: Don't get me wrong in any ways. I like complex content and I do think the devs need to address this problem of power creep, but this isn't the way to do it.
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I think it's more that he wants to see people who cheese the system not have any greater impact than people who work at their rotations, have a decent, balanced approach to how to accomplish things (AOE vs ST and Might vs Precision... no the two are not always identical, but Prec does tend to make for a reasonably decent Single Target). Basically, if you cheese the system, it may take you longer to get past something than if you do it through perseverance, paying attention, and actually doing your job in a more consistent fashion.

Like you, I'm not sure I agree with all of it. I do like the idea of traps put in place such that you have to control or mitigate your burn... like health-based mechanics where if you burn too quickly you get overlapping mechanics that make it impossible to complete the fight. It certainly would go a long way toward stopping speed hackers too.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

They've done stop gaps in the past, but a lot of that content doesn't get played and it's possible the devs saw that as a "let's not do that again" mechanic.

It really is content bred and promoted damage mentality that in turn encouraged more of it being developed. There was a time when mechanic based content was sprinkled in and man it was also a problem for the low end too.

I really like mechanic based content. One where you have to think how to accomplish it, but it doesn't usually go well for the high or low end. IE, they don't like it either.
    • Like x 1