Devs: A Request for Promethium Lockboxes, Please.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

As we approach DC Universe Online's 7th Anniversary next month, there are STILL many styles that can only be obtained via the Promethium Lockboxes. A couple years ago, there were some of us who weren't able to enjoy the Doubled Lockbox Drop Rate promotion through no fault of our own (in my case, it was because my gaming rig was running Windows Vista 64-Bit, an OS that was still fully and actively supported by Microsoft, but DCUO had game-breaking glitches in Vista that prevented the Marketplace from being fully functional, and these glitches took a number of months to be fixed. By the time the game-breaking glitches were resolved, the Doubled Drop Rate Promo had ended.)

I know that you, the game's Developers, have stated repeatedly that you have no intentions to repeat the Doubled Drop Rate Promo, but there are still many players that got left behind on that one, players that would like to be able to obtain the Ultra Rare and Cross Faction Styles that can only come from the Lockboxes at this time, and we'd still like to have an equal chance to obtain those to what other players had 2 years ago, because FAIR IS FAIR.

So, here's some alternative ways you could give us that equal chance! Please pick one:

• Whereas the current Loot Selector in the Lockboxes gives us only 2 style items to select from, you could DOUBLE the number of selections to 4, giving us greater odds of getting a style we want or need! In this way, with only 1 Lockbox every 6 hours, we STILL get 4 style items to choose from. Granted, we only get to keep 1, but still, we'd have twice as many chances to actually SEE and SELECT an item we want or need.

• In the Marketplace, you could begin offering a new item similar to the XP Boxes, but instead of doubling XP received for XX hours of playtime, you could offer an item that doubles the Promethium Lockbox Drop Rate for 24 hours of playtime (or 48, or 72, etc.) In this way, those of us that missed out could BUY that opportunity, and THE GAME WILL MAKE MORE MONEY! ;)

Again, Devs, please pick one and implement it ASAP. I have a feeling I know which one you'll pick. ;)
    • Like x 8
  2. DaBatmanX Well-Known Player

I second this motion
    • Like x 2
  3. DaBatmanX Well-Known Player

I'm literally leaving my character logged on running at night time while I sleep to get lockboxes and years later still haven't got what I want
    • Like x 1
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This:

Gets a resounding "No" from me.

Otherwise, sure, go for it. 4 rolls on the Promethium Lockbox loot table or an overall increased drop rate on the boxes sound good to me.
    • Like x 5
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

There's zero reason to not up the drop rate.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I came up with that one for 2 reasons: 1) With these Devs, clearly, money talks and BS walks (hence the heavy focus on Time Capsules as the way to get many new items in the game,) and 2) there's already an in-game precedent for such a buffing item, i.e. the XP Booster Boxes, so this was just a logical extrapolation on that concept.

Those were just the 2 ideas that came to my mind quickly. Please, feel free to add your own ideas on what they could do here. We're a community, and if someone in the community has a better idea than the ones I proposed, I'll freely admit that it's a great idea and throw my support behind it. :)
    • Like x 2
  7. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I have gave up all hope on any excitement from a Lockbox. It might be once a month that I actually get something I don't already have, and that is probably me being a bit generous to them. Used to be I would get a moment of hype when I got one, but for the longest while I open them only to see 2 styles I already have. Even if the drop rate was amped up I would probably still get nothing from them. I am all for an increase in drops.
    • Like x 1
  8. Icon Active Player

Lockboxes really should give us the option to select cross faction and pvp styles. It is so deflating to continually receive hero styles that I already have and/or can earn easily enough playing the game. I don’t play villains or much pvp but like a lot of the styles and this is the only way to get those styles. Even when I do get villain or pvp style drops it’s often for the same pieces I already have. I really wish they would tweak these systems in favor of their long time, loyal paying customers so we can fully flesh out our creations and enjoy this part of the game. This is WAY overdue.
    • Like x 1
  9. useless Well-Known Player

yes from me...
    and/or make thouse styles tradebale,if i already have it,let me atleast sell it...
    • Like x 1
  10. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Why go through all that hassle when theres 2 bots sitting in the WT/HoD waiting to be used?
    Scrap the Promethium Lockboxes and add the styles to these bots at 100 MoV each.
    As soon as TCs launched that should have been the end of Promboxes.
    If the PromBoxes were scrapped and they were able to reduce the Quarks necessary to buy things ofc.
    Sorted.
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

So, since the password now is "money" they could also with the drop of the styles get doubled, reduce the price of the Lockboxes keys from 250 to 100 and certainly they'd sell a lot of keys.

Or they can also reduce the interval from 6 hours to 3 hours for each lockbox dropped if they do not want to doubled the styles.
  12. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

I never thought of that.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Just remove the garbage vault styles, regular mob drop styles and collection styles to increase the odds of something actually useful.
    Never understood why the fudge Lockboxes had to drop Shielded Robot, Wizardly and other styles that were accessible since the beginning...
    • Like x 1
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

It took me two-and-a-half years of playing DCUO an average of about 35 hours per week to compete the Avatar Bombardier style via promethium lock boxes, waiting nine months for the last piece I needed, the shoulders. They dropped twice more in the couple of months that followed. Personally, it's all about the feats, and I have them all.

I think these are both nice ideas, but I wouldn't be motivated to spend money in the marketplace on villain styles. I appreciate that a lot of others players probably would, though.

The absolute best thing the devs can do for DCUO would be to take feats out of time capsules and introduce a major overhaul of the marketplace to make up for lost stabilizer revenues. So this gets a thumbs up from me.
  15. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I would like to see increased chances to get the promethium drop box styles...so many styles to get between factions.
    Been trying to collect the Phantom Zone Reaver hands style for years on a hero character.

[IMG]
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There, corrected that cost for you. 70 Marks is already too damn high in the Rare Style Vendor in your HQ, 100 is ridiculous! Save those high costs for the actual Tier Gear that boosts stats! For items that are purely a style with NO stats attached, the cost should ALWAYS be low!
    • Like x 1
  17. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Actually you didn't correct anything. You presented an unrealistic option. Asking for the Rare Villain styles to be 10 MoV is asking far far too much. I set it as 100 because at least its a compromise. The only way something like this happens is with compromise.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Sorry, but we're better off getting a cross faction vendor than getting the lockboxes updated.

We've been asking for this about, I don't know almost 2 years now? And nearly every request for a lockbox to be updated has fallen on deaf ears.
    • Like x 1
  19. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Both the vendors that has the 70 marks and 10 marks are all empty for me. If you just get one at a time then sooner then later then you will have all of them and alot of them are 50pt feats once completing the style.
  20. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I also have almost all styles that anyone can get from the promethium boxes. If you cannot wait for them to drop you can buy the style from the market place.