Devs - A heartfelt "Thank You!"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by blklightning, May 5, 2014.

1. blklightning New Player

I know you've had a huge wave of opposition to GU36, WM, and the DLC content. Amidst all the cries that the sky was going to surely fall this time, I held back from making any decisions or judgements until the final product was released. Well... the sky actually did not fall; and I, personally, love the new alert!

Thank you so much for giving us this little gem. We've had the content that only the elite and top tier could finish. This is content that everyone can finish. There are QQs galore about how boring and slow this alert is. Well, those people can figure out a fun creative way of doing it faster and better. That's what this alert is for... a little something for everyone:

Tanks have things to tank, kite, and juggle
    DPS get to watch their damage numbers just fly all over the screen
    Controllers have things to control
    Healers have the NPCs to heal

Except for DPS, none of this is required. We don't HAVE to do any of it. But we can... just because it's fun. All the while, we get to figure out how we can be more efficient and powerful so as to not make the alert last forever. This is a playground to practice out Weapon Mastery. It's an easy ride to try new rotations or approaches to our roles.

Origins Crisis really drove a wedge into the community. I still see the scars in chat and in how people play. The insane CR requirements in /lfg for groups that still are too unskilled to finish certain content. Amazon Fury is the content to bring us all together. Casual and less skilled players get to have a nice, smooth run (or not so smooth), while elite players can come up with tips/tricks to make it fun for them.

Here I am, getting to have fun with Electricity in the t6 alert. Yes, it's over healing... and for no other reason than "because I can". xD

Please meet... My Electric Ladies!

Thanks again, Devs. I haven't had this much fun since the day Family Reunion was launched.
    • Like x 11
  2. Poo New Player

Wait, didn't I just read that in another thread o_O
    • Like x 1
  3. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Refreshing to hear some positivity. Couldn't agree more. However, I was asked to come in and Tank the last boss. About 7 people had been in there and when I arrived it was already 180 minutes. WOW ! That being said it's a great DLC. Better than SOT and WOL part 1.
  4. blklightning New Player

I dunno what you're talking about. ;)

Must be deja vu?
    • Like x 2
  5. Mister Majesty Committed Player

I think I might have read it elsewhere too. Never get tired of hearing it though.

We need a little more rainbows and sunshine on these forums.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I love WM.

I like the Duos.

I like the Alert too.

Big "Thumbs Up" From Doc here!
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Notangie New Player

I love the dlc/update. The icing on the cake was they didn't unspend all our skill points for wm. I much prefer respeccing at my leisure over logging in with all sp unspent. Very armory-friendly too.
    • Like x 1
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

I must say I'm loving WM (in the support role). Celestial battle healing, as you well know, is beast mode. Of course, you seem to be having to much fun with Electricity, are you going to be shelving HoS? :eek:
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Gotham under siege is simply beautiful and the missions are fun and immersive.
    I like the duos, and iconic visions, the alert is meh, but the music is great.
    Overall devs did a great job, especially the art team.

[IMG]
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The alerts, duos, and challenges is ok, but WM is making the game boring. I have 5dps and 5 trolls,heals and tanks(10 toons total), and all my dps play the exact same way, I have never played so little as I am playing now
  11. Starbrand Dedicated Player

It is better than SOT and WOTL, for sure.

But they were not so amazing :)

Well, maybe the next DLC will bring the wonder back...
    • Like x 1