Devs- a few gripes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mazahs, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Mazahs Loyal Player

A few tings over the last week have really bugged me, so I thought I would address them.
    I'm sure some of the things will not be shared by others in these forums, but that's fine too.
    It's a bit long, but had to get off my chest.

Event versions and mechanics- First of all I like that now we have these, and I hope the trend continues. It gives players that aren't CR appropriate more things to do, it also allows certain players that struggle with reg and elite another avenue so kudos! That being said...Please, please for the love of RNGeesus remove anything that requires group coordination. I recently popped into DM with a leagemate that wanted to get a few marks. Grabbed my lowest alt (292 tank / they were on 290 troller) EZ-Peezy right? Nope- got to cards, told everyone in chat "hey we got this" I go in to grab cards / he places them 7...let me reiterate SEVEN wipes later we finally get the other people to stop grabbing cards leading to our death. Barbatos was even worse as I draggeg him to the focal point and VIOLA 1 HOUR later we were victorious ughhhh.

I like mechanics, and again happy lower levels get chance to play the content. However moving forward , could you please re-think anything that takes more than 1 person to do. I know personally I won't do it again, unless I have 7 others with me. Meaning new players will not be getting my assistance in here ever

Speed hackers- I know I reported one AGAIN yesterday. So far in last 7 days, I have now encountered 5 of these people. 2x I tried to kick (nope) I called them out in chat, all laughed saying ya'll can't fix it. I will no longer leave instance when they are present. Screw them / screw that! I have limited time to play and it's no fair to us players, when we realize after a boss fight they are in there, since if we leave still loot locked and have to re-do something we've already done. Don't care, but do something...anything.
    Address is in MOTD- ban the scumbags- and most importantly FIX it. (sorry this one pisses me off to no end)

Styles in TC's - I know TC's are a hot button for many, so I'll tread lighlty. I do want to say that watching
    the stream, when you showed Hawks cape and Doves goggle I was impressed. Little things like this are cool to see aagin Nice Job! I decided right then and there I was going to have an armory and make Hawk (all of my toons are iconics) Then it all went wrong....Why would an artist hide some of thier best work to date? It really confuzles me, as my daughter would say. There is litterally .0000000001% chance to ever see
    one of these..I checked the broker and there it is (2) of them to be precise, for the LOW LOW price of $999Million dollars.

No way in hell am I going to spend a billion for something like that. Things like this do nothing besides piss your base off when you hide things like this behind ridiculous RNG, and quite frankly push the narrative that your money grubbers further down the path. Put in in MP, make it a drop style in TC's but stop with the collection garbage with one UBER ultra rare.

Sorry this was so long. If you read all the way Thanks! and leave a comment.
    I would really like to get a devs response on this, however the odds are likely about the same as getting T'Charrs collection in game,
    • Like x 8
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Collections need to be revamped IMO.

They were fine when you were leveling up through the game because it felt like apart of the open world that you were exploring, now collections are crap.
    It's an obnoxious 12 piece after 12 piece cycle every time, each with their own lot of crappy RNG.

This especially goes for time capsules as there's so many white trash drops that you don't need, and will always get in your way of trying to get what you want.

Collections need to be reduced to 6 or less.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah, I don't know the answer on all of it, but the collections and drop rate are atrocious
    • Like x 3
  4. Starry Knight Active Player

Seven wipes, that means twenty one bad hands. Are you sure you had an inexperienced group and not a troll? I mean, that's the sort of thing that happened on DM's first week.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I don't think I've ever met a speed hacker in this game. Or maybe I have and just haven't noticed (in which case I wouldn't have voted to kick them - I only do that when I can see why, like someone deliberated misplacing the playing cards).

For time capsule collections I agree, but for the open world ones? I got the Teen Titans collection in about an hour, in that case at least I'd say there weren't enough because there were so many collection nodes on what wasn't that big a map. The two from Thanager took a couple of days, hardly difficult there either. The ones I'm still struggling with are the Metropolis and Gotham ones because of just how many different collections the rng has to call from, the newer ones are far easier.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

Excellent OP.
  6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Seriously whats the use of reporting speed hackers when they dont care at all and right back in game in minutes.

Player: sends report on a speed hacker.

DBG / DI: thanks denizen, we banned the speed hacker.

Speed hacker: Im back in the game again ahahaha. You cant (perma) ban me /MC Hammer dance and John Cena hand waving in front of face.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Definitely agree that Event versions shouldn't be subjected to mechanics that require group coordination. You're very unlikely to find it in event pugs. In my opinion there should be a timer or certain amount of failed attempts that eventually just trigger whatever mechanic you're trying to achieve.

Speaking of which...I was under the assumption the Barbatos fight actually had this? I've done the event version of DM multiple times and I could swear that the final part of the Barbatos fight where you have to trigger the five cogs at the same time just completes itself after a certain (short) amount of time? I'm almost certain that the five cogs were not all activated in any of the event runs I did.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Event version only requires you to complete one hand, not three.
  9. Brit Loyal Player

The Collections do not have an equal drop rate of components. Collection 1-11 drop at a significantly higher rate than Collection 12.

The problem with this is that if you collect 1-11 and you do not get 12, then your result is NOTHING. You get no style. You get no feat. Nothing but another uncompleted collection on a list. It's the equivalent of opening 11 Time Capsules that were empty; you got nothing.

So if Collection 1-11 don't matter, they don't get you anything, then why not eliminate them. Take whatever the drop rate is for the rare piece, 0.1% for example, and just make the collection reward drop in it's completed state at that same drop rate. It will take the exact same number of Time Capsules to get the reward, but it won't require 12 different time capsules to be opened just to get a single reward. What would have otherwise been 1-11 can be instead the attunable gear, emblems, and cosmetics like that.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

11. Mazahs Loyal Player

I dunno man, I hardly run event versions. I just know that this specific run was a fuster-cluck
    If it wasn't for the person I knew needing the run, I would've just left instance
  12. Starry Knight Active Player

But you get three chances to get it right before the groups wipes, so 7 wipes means 21-23 mistakes.

See, there was a time when I didn't understand things in that raid either, but at least with the cards I knew better than to place them randomly. The only time I ever sent the wrong card down was the very first time I played it and someone said in chat 'send a card' - if they wanted a specific one they should've asked for it. And yes that was the first week - that raid took over two hours, one on the cards (only one fail because of me) and one on a pre-nerf event mode Barbatos and the Dark Knights (all at once of course, along with those ghost things that mez you).

As someone who heals in that raid all the time I'd like to say what my usual pet hate is when running it now (aside from card trolls) - people who try to grab the entire map's worth of trash mobs at once and then complain when they don't get healed while I'm with the other 6 players on one of the groups they belted past. I think these might be the same people who fly over trash mobs in things like Smallville, Bludhaven and Hive Moon Base and then wonder why the acrobats and speedsters are so far behind.

Probably. One of the things with seldom dpsing is that I only look at the damage column in the Stabiliser Duo - I know I shouldn't beat out any pure damage character in any content when they're actually trying. Hence it would have to be really obvious for me to see someone was speed hacking.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh whoops, didn't realise you get multiple attempts at it in event.
  14. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I disagree with rarity of collection pieces.
    If everything was easily attainable, things would get mediocre fast. If you happen to get a rare collection piece, you’re rewarded with something a lot of people don’t have. It sets you apart in a way. Or, if you don’t care what you get from it, you can make some money.
    • Like x 1
  15. Chia Death Well-Known Player

You don't see someone cheating to trivialize the content as a reason to kick them?
  16. Mazahs Loyal Player

OK, I respect your opinion.
    If I may ask, how many people have you seen running around with Hawks cape? (I've seen exactly none)
    Or, how many of the T'Charr "rare" collection pc have you seen in the broker? (I've seen 2, and one was reposted because it didn't sell)

We've been told by the devs that TC's are extremely popular, and judging just by the broker on day one I'd guess literally thousands of them had been opened the first day (I logged in at 4pm that day) There is a difference between making something difficult to get, and making something that is nigh impossible to get.

Putting something in a TC, to get people to spend hundreds of dollars for a chance to get a single collection (we've all seen the videos)
    is my point. I'm sure they could put more styles on MP to spend real cash on like the Batmans cowl, but I'm also just as sure that they can and do make more money hiding them behind a insanely low drop percentage.
  17. inferno Loyal Player

The mechanics in the event version should have a fail- safe; after 3 mistakes just let the group through (similar to that memory/sequence in the JLD raid). I thought the last boss already had that fail-safe where you don't even need the complete 5 cogs to be turned.
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

The whole collection crap system for everything needs to end, it ruins the fun of players and it's a crappy way to handle rewards
    • Like x 1
  19. Mazahs Loyal Player

You still have to get him to focal point and encircle him.
    That was the biggest problem with this particular group at Barbatos.
  20. Chia Death Well-Known Player

That's one opinion... but many (and I hesitate to say most but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case) enjoy the collections- not necessarily the time capsule ones, but open-world and episode collections add another activity to the game that doesn't require a huge time sink, adds personality to the game and helps flesh-out the economy.
    • Like x 1