Dev Discussion Development Update: Weapons and Artifacts

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stärnbock Devoted Player

THE PLAYSTYLE STATS NEED TO GET READJUSTED
    it was botched shortly before the revamp went online and i think the stats needs more then just precission, maybe a bonus on WM´s, while the might buff shouldn´t have been added to hybrid and super powered, those were in need of faster power regeneration, wich they were added, yet the might buff was way to much and overkilled the hwole situation...

DURATION OF THE BUFFS
    the problem why the artifact didnt work was because the boost lasted only for six seconds, wich is not enough time for every weapon to hit with the strongest combo attack, also it is only half the CD of the weapon buffs. however, the biggest problem is that the weapon buff only lasts for as long as its cooldown takes, wich doesnt allow for a lot of weapon combos to hit multiple times and you need to reactivate it often during a combo and the longer a combo is, the more often it will need to get stopped early and be clipped... IMO, the buff should last for six more seconds after the cooldown is off, to give some time to spare...
    • Like x 2
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Still going through the thread but its any player with Venom Wrist Dispenser at which ever Rank will have it increased based on his post. i foresee folks spending or grinding to get VMD to 141 to get that free 200 Rank *goes to grinding*
    • Like x 2
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Just for Semantics, if there is a Grinding in game option, then it is not P2W, it is Pay to Advance. If there wasnt a Grinding option, then it would be P2W.
    • Like x 1
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

This part will be explained and detailed when its ready to hit Test Server. My guess is that with the Metal Episode Preview Friday, PC Test will be open then for testing and there we'll see everything.
    • Like x 3
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I'm very glad to hear weapons are getting adjusted, that said I do have some concerns but I'll wait till it hits test to see how things are.
  6. myandria Item Storage

Wow!

Thank you Mepps and teams for focusing on artifacts and weapons this time around. I cannot wait to get on the test server to try them out. Perhaps these changes will give me a reason to actually equip a character for DPS.
  7. pyroman1982 New Player

i agree people are fed-up with the artefacts upgrades. you max the rank people will leave and I am one of them.
  8. sharpy36 Active Player

It's not a huge deal, but would it be possible to take a pass through all the current artifacts and make sure they don't have millions of extra xp in them from when there was a bug? Those people would have rank 200 the day it came out. You could just set all current artifacts to a maximum xp before releasing the update and anything above the current cap can be discarded. That way nobody is starting with a huge head start for xp. Like was done with the 100mil cash cap a long time ago.
    • Like x 1
  9. Disruptor Well-Known Player

It is P2W. The Seals(Preservation and Completion) can only be bought in the marketplace for real money. They are not in the game. Constantine should be able to sell the Seals as he sells the Catalyst Caches
    • Like x 1
  10. dresserball Dedicated Player

Don't waste your breath they will still tell you that you can grind for the catalysts to try and break through.
  11. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Rank 200 Artifacts? :eek: Since Rank 160 breakthrough % is 10%, so Rank 180 breakthrough % will be what.... 5%? and Rank 200 breakthrough % will be 2.5%?

Just as VWD at Rank 160 is a tad strong (54% precision buff), the upcoming nerf sounds a tad overkill also.
    • Like x 1
  12. Luke© Well-Known Player

Are you also going to fix general weapon bugs, like the different lunge - range between each weapon? (As already shown in a bug thread)
    • Like x 2
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m really hoping this means I’m no longer going to be a liability with my brawling/rifle/pistol dps builds... cautiously optimistic.
    • Like x 4
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I feel it should really be as powerful at 200 as it is now at 160, especially if other artifacts are being buffed... hard to say for certain until we have numbers though. I have an awful feeling we’re gonna end up having to ditch it after our free boost to the lv200 feat.
    • Like x 2
  15. Isif Committed Player

Hopefully, they don't throw an arbitrary buff on all weapons and just nerf DW/Bow. In general, they should make the multi-button input combos hit harder. Dw, smokebomb, and 2H are 2 button combos. Those are the path of least resistance and should never have hit as hard as something with a longer windup. The hope is that "freedom of (weapon) choice is what it could have been at revamp. Fingers crossed.

Still holding out for my Flip Burst to Magnum combo.;);)
    • Like x 1
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

if i may add, two years ago, i gave a full list on why weapons are as broken as they were since revamp... maybe ill post a link. it took a while, yet still i am excited for the weapons to get finally adjusted. hopefully on test server soon... however: pls dont forget that weapon damage can NOT be tested on sparing targets, THAT was always something i critized during revamp tests...
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

true, there is no information what devs came up with for old artifact wich could get new effects on 200...?
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

That video had no troll in the group therefore prec dps was missing atleast 20% damage, with the nerf fire and prec should be on same level with a troll in the group like it should have been from start no?
    • Like x 1
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

I believe there will be a thread in the test section for that but in case it wont i think the VWD Buff should last for the whole duration of the weapon buff which is 12sec so that even longer weapon mastery combos can benefit from it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

this is good news, the only thing you need to change now is to make seals obtainable with in game currency. artifacts were supposed to correct an issue in the game, not be a source of cash in the store...it irritates me a little every time i have to go spend real money to improve an item that's supposed to be a "fix" for your mistakes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.