Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

Yeh, bro, best decision ever!
    • Like x 1
  2. Patm82 Well-Known Player

Quit changing! THINGS!!!
    • Like x 2
  3. B0rys Active Player

Very Nice!!!!! Just one question you guys thinking about to change the value of skill points on the weapon trees?
  4. Tsuzura Well-Known Player

Can't wait to see how Celestial plays out with the new changes.
  5. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

I must say I do not feel happy or confident about some of the changes but most of all, the AM or power regen. Now I can see this causing a lot of issues with the troll because of the amount of power it seems that's going to keep everyone powered. Atleast with the AM loadout he really only have to worry about the tank and healers and now once again he will have to deal with power spamming and such. One thing I can say for sure you will have to remove the three hour kick because it will be a lot of that going on.

What I just don't understand is, if you look at the threads closely the majority requested that nature and electric to buff were they could compete and also quantum. So why not buffed the powers?

They asked for the bugs to be fixed on powers the were performing with bugs such as mental and gadgets. Why not just fix the bugs?

They asked for skill points to matter or stats to matter and this has been recommended before to make a skill point requirement in content and have the Devs worked their magic to make it balanced. A person with 170SP should not do damage, heal, troll or tank as if someone has 230sp.

My apologies I just really like the AM loadouts because I don't understand how powers like munitions and atomic that was build around the am loudout will perform. I can see DOT powers will perform well because of the constant damage from the DOT's but im sure they will still need a buff.

Lastly, removing the power points I could say is a good thing but also can be not so good. it was stated that we will will earn iconics thru leveling but for someone that's been playing this game for four plus years and might have 200 or 280sp, wouls they have to earn something they already had? I'm a little confused with that and hope it could be explained in detail.

But from what its worth I see most of the post is very excited about this new change and as a loyal player I will be there to support DCUO much as I can as always. I have invested a lot of time and money in this game as I'm sure others have I just hope it was not for nothing.

Sorry this is so long but please enlightened me on your thoughts and how this change will make your game play better.
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

How are you all going to balance the tank role damage? Earth, fire, and ice have to do a lot of blocking while Atomic and to a lesser degree rage can do combos and weapon attacks. If support roles are doing half the damage a dps is doing, no one will want a blocking tank
    • Like x 4
  7. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Lol at the players bringing up troll issues.
    Ever ran with two trolls or will players continue to DPS stack after this update goes live?
    • Like x 8
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Exactly. Power issues? Bring a second troll. It's not the end of the world that you'll have to spend an extra three minutes in the raid because you have a troll instead of a DPS. Sheesh.
    • Like x 10
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

All the players want Burn and Plently of it. DPS stacking will continue.
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

But my time is precious!!! Those 3 minutes could be used...ummm wiping because the healers didn't have enough power!

Wait...
    • Like x 4
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Yes, they will continue to stack DPS. Unless they introduce forced mechanics for roles, that will always be the case. Even AnB was being forced to have one troll.

Oh boy, 3 troll runs to get that one powerset that requires a ton of power. Good times.
    • Like x 1
  12. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

Well most of the content that come out now requires two healers and one troll but if we go back to the two troll and two healer system without the Am factor the burn I don't see being aggressive. Your thoughts?
  13. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

You say an extra three minutes, but players still can not get past the first boss in DWFR with one or two trolls, I'm just saying.
  14. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

If they equalize the damage (like they said they were going to) healers, controllers, and tanks will all be doing more damage and thus "extra burn" won't be as necessary as it is now.
    • Like x 1
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I'm gonna have to spend days adding 260 sp to my main and my alts and their armories. lol
  16. VV Dedicated Player

I don't know what to say. I do love that stuff is being made taking combat dynamics into consideration but Supercharges being better? Really?

I'm pro-everything about the announcement BUT for the SUPERCHARGE part. Reason you ask? Supercharges are enhanced by head mods that you obtain from time capsules, time capsules are designed to be opened with purchased stabilizers ( Capsules every 20mins and super low + restricted gathering of keys ). Not only that! but supercharge mods are locked behind RNG. If this turns out to be a way to sell off power to players - I'm strictly against it.

Let's see...
    • Like x 3
  17. Craven Green Loyal Player

18. Craven Green Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

No content requires 2heals, even sm can be solo healed. The healer him\herself is the reason they cant solo heal, just needs practice.
  20. Emoney Dedicated Player

DUDE!!!!!
    Your post just made it click for me.
    When I seen some of those SC head mods, especially the one for my main who is fire....I thought, "Fireball barrage......cmon really?!? Its not even an AM power..."

....AAAANNNND NOW IT MAKES SENSE.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.