Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That's one way to put it, and fair, but as you point out recent power updates have done much to standardize the powers at their core, at the work will remain and is crucial to this revamp being possible.
    • Like x 3
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Is this all launching at once?
    • Like x 1
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I think the biggest problem with Nature/Elec was that you had a long set up time to get the "big hit" from your powers. All the other powers could use their AMs to get to the big damage much faster, but with AMs being removed that means there no longer IS any "big hit" for any power, so the damage discrepancy between DoT and burst powers should be much much closer than it is currently.
    • Like x 4
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What's outlined in this post is expected to hit test and live at once, but that is definitely subject to change.
    • Like x 4
  5. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

*Does a little happy dance* This sounds AMAZING! I can't wait to try it out!
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

So Lights old Power > Combo /clip Power > Combo etc pp gets viable again?
    • Like x 2
  7. L T Devoted Player

This is sort of still an issue: Some power sets have ALWAYS had an advanced mechanic, and that's likely to continue. Sorcery and Earth will still have pets. Celestial, Atomic, and Rage will still have combos. Hard light will still have infinite combos.... only now you won't even be limited by 15 power points. You can have all the powers for both roles and you won't even need an armory to save your power point build.
    • Like x 2
  8. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Even though this is another total combat revamp and most of the "balance" updates from the last few years are now mostly meaningless, I think this is the best direction for the game. Just wish they could have figured it out sooner.
    • Like x 4
  9. Veritech Loyal Player

@Mepps,

Will Earth and Sorcery pets stats and damage still be governed by combat rating?
    • Like x 5
  10. L T Devoted Player

And by the way, from the sound of things, it seems like #StatsMatter == #SupportRolesMatter. I'll miss my mid-range, and playing from the tray... but this is a really good thing.
    • Like x 1
  11. tokidokij Active Player

What is the timeframe of this update? I'm just wonderinf if water will be introduced after or before this.

But overall I'm excited!
    • Like x 1
  12. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

If you bring back jc I'm gonna cry tears of joy
    • Like x 1
  13. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Oh wow! This looks pretty amazeballs. And also huge. Kinda intimidating, honestly. Still, I wouldn't mind downloading the test client for this. Haha!

Also hi guys for those who remember me.
    • Like x 3
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Just realized how much fun redoing 30 armories will be lol
    • Like x 5
  15. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Any estimations when this is done and hitting live? Q1-Q2 2017?
    • Like x 1
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I would assume that Atomic will keep the combos, just that the combos won't be doing high damage like they are now - they will do standardized damage to be in line with other powers. Basically whatever damage the combos do when your Quark Gluon Aura is not active should be the damage they will do all the time once this update goes live.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The short answer is: yes, we have thoughts on this subject. Details are a little bit in flux, but basically we expect to remove the damage modifiers you get from just using a power and fundamentally change the max damage mod to add damage in a different way. More on this during the livestream later.
    • Like x 13
  18. Eddevil Well-Known Player

We want you to be able to use any and all of the abilities in your powerset. We want there to be less confusion and less gap between those who are playing "correctly" and those who are not.

@Avair @Mepps:
    Reading what Avair said above, does that mean that my 7 year old son can have any powers he want on his power bar and just smash buttons and still do same damage as experienced players. How is "Stats Matter" & "Skills Matters" gonna act this in this scenario? #Confused
    • Like x 2
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Epic ! Thanks for answering.
  20. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Wow

*in a good(very very very very very good) way*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.