Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

I think one of the most interesting things about this development is that Iconic powers and load-outs may become usable again.
    • Like x 8
  2. same Johnny Dedicated Player

My off the bat comment: Oh look, game is about to change ENTIRELY yet again. Looks like this will be, what, DCUO version 15.0?

My less ranty and honest comment: Nicely done. It took a long time, but it seems the new powers that be are finally realising all the harm that was done by the previews powers that be. Out with AM and WM and midrange and all the silly things that were introduced as a band-aid. Love the ideas of removing PP and banding all the SP together in the same tree. Love the ideas about Supercharges. Love the fairer distribution of damage between DPS and Support.

Bring it. Do it right, and you'll have an engaging game on your hands AGAIN.
    • Like x 9
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

I BE Happy to
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

So all this work on midrange and now you say **** it. Wtg guys. Time well spent.
    • Like x 8
  5. Menelaos Dedicated Player

No objections here, this might actually get me playing again.
    I like what I read, but will reserve judgement until its implemented and I try it out.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  6. Heal up 96 Level 30

This is fantastic news I cannot wait for this to be implemented into the game!
    • Like x 2
  7. Rokyn Dedicated Player

This changes everything! Wow, I'm in awe. I don't know what to say.
    • Like x 2
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i have a very good question will we finally expect any changes to Cr Relevancy system?
  9. Veritech Loyal Player

Bold moves. Impressive.

Good to hear that trollers might be making a comeback :)
    • Like x 5
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Any thoughts on removing Damage Modifiers ? Now that the Power Points system is being removed, it would be nice to remove Damage Modifiers and the Max Damage Mod, so that we can use more interesting Mods and not be 'penalized'.
    • Like x 5
  11. L T Devoted Player

Sometimes a plan just clearly isn't working. In Government and Education, generally the response to a bad plan is "we didn't take it far enough! we need more of this, and more money...." That's usually wrong. Sometimes it's better to take a step back and say "this was a mistake. this is a bad plan, let's scrap it."

Personally, I can't say which is right in this case. I'll miss my 12m damage. I don't tank as much as I used to, but I'll miss people not being right on top of me when I tank. On the other hand, as many pointed out, a lot of work was spent on midrange, and there were still lots of balance issues.
    • Like x 2
  12. quirkers Well-Known Player

Excitement sprinkled with a bit of "cautiously optimistic" :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

So you are balancing electric after 1 and a half years to 2 years by nerfing all the other powers. Interesting.

I see what is going on and I am not sure if I am glad or disappointed. It seems like DCUO is taking a 3 year step backwards...which means all the time and money the Devs put into these mechanics was wasted time and effort.

That being said if this is what is best for the game then I am all for it. It SOUNDS like it will be much easier for powers to stay balanced in the future. With all the powers being open to use for ones powerset it also sounds like we can have many more loadout which would be fun. I am concerned that unless you standardize the damage the powers do for every powerset (ie..t1 powers all do x damage, t2 do y damage, etc) and animation times are consistent in the same manner we will still have to go through yet another round of power balancing. If that is the case I would hope that Electric and Nature are first this time not last.
    • Like x 3
  14. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

15. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

This is the best plan you guys had since GU36. I expected nothing of this revamp and you just announced massive changes that I didn't even dare to dream of. Nice one. All of those are good and necessary plans, now you just need to pull through and deliver. If you do it right, the combat system may be as good or better than ever.
    • Like x 6
  16. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

Nice move, this will change everything as we know.
    • Like x 1
  17. eanur Well-Known Player

Ok so obvious questions here: WM bonus is going to be removed (i assume the attacks still do same amount of damage but no WM crit and power back at the end) and AM is being bonus is being removed and that whole damage combo system gone so how are we going to do dmg? Do we effectively become same as legends characters where weapon combo followed by power? Are we going back to the game as it was at launch where we just spammed random powers?
    • Like x 2
  18. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Those are great news!!
    Im guessing the goal is that weapon clipping will be a viable play style for all power sets like in the old days.

While you are at fine tuning damage potential of individual abilities, please consider checking power costs and cooldowns:
    - Examples for high power costs are Inferno, Debris Field, Backdraft, WithoutMercy and Epicenter;
    - Snow Devil, Neo-Venom and Hard Light Shield currently have crazy 40 sec cooldowns for no reason.
    • Like x 2
  19. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

While you're at it, please fix all of the 'invisible' items and attacks in the game. It sucks when a boss does a one shot and it says 'invisible knocked out ME' like wtf is invisible!?!?!
    • Like x 1
  20. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I am also curious how this will effect powers like atomic that were built around their AM....how will this effect them?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.