Work In Progress Development Update: Style Unlocking

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Initially, was not a fan of the idea of characters basically sharing styles... butt, seeing as how to get the styles on another character you have to buy them (with RB), will simply look at it as like the "Closet" feature in EQ2 where any character can view how anything (clothing, weapons, mounts, pets or even house items) without even having to possess the item :D
  2. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

im lucky...i have 1 demon guy..he got the tail through a prom box..free to open if subbed...:)
  3. Vesper Dedicated Player

I get that Materials aren't in Update 82. I even get that as of right now, Material sharing isn't planned. But I wanna go on record as saying:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE revisit those plans! PLEASE figure out how to take my money so I can buy Materials on all my toons.

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  4. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

I am eagerly anticipating Phase 1 of the style unlocks. May I suggest one off styles from collections, briefings, investigations, treasure chest styles like Kryptonian Flexsuit, OP Items styles, and lastly SM Styles for later phases down the line? I am pretty sure I am not the only one here who would love this to happen in style unlocks!

Thank you so much for your hard work developers!
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

o_O the character cant be restored oh well i had to ask ;) only 1 aura.. :D im good im good
  6. Black Astral New Player

Mepps, I do have a specific scenerio that I don't think i've seen answered. Toon A has a unique style that is eligible for unlocking on Toon B. Toon B does such unlocking and then Toon A gets deleted. Toon C is created at a later time. Since Toon B unlocked the style item and therefore has it in their 'closet' (for lack of a better term), does Toon C now get to unlock it through B even though the absolute original source of Toon A is gone?
  7. Exodusblack Well-Known Player

Nooooooooo!
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Sounds plausible: as long as a current character has the style, then that should be enough to spread it to other characters, mattering not how they acquired it
    • Like x 1
  9. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

YESSSSSS!!!! Death's Vest here I come!!!
  10. Smokin Blue New Player

Cant we Just badge missing collections? Like you need at least have 1/12 to collect collections simply by selecting the 1 you want to badge in the deeds tab under collections. Think That Will be some easier than badging feats and get rewards of the collections. That not have been collected.
  11. The K-os New Player

its all nice and good ...but i can already see the big impact on the game economy. Auras especially and style items will take a big dive in prices.

Questions@Mepps:
    1. Are we going to be able to unlock styles for friends with our own replay badges? Same as we do raid resets ? Also, what if we could unlock a friends Aura or style they did not get on other characters? this could be more expensive but doable maybe?
    2. Any news on time capsules and booster bundles? i hear in norway the lootboxes are banned. Will this impact our game?

Thanks
  12. myandria Item Storage

Hmmm...

Here is an opportunity to create new Legendary perks; for example, "Styles/Auras from Booster Bundles are free to unlock for Legendary members." " Style unlocking will require less replay badges for Legendary members (at least 30% but no more than 50%)." " All styles from the Character Creation menu are free and available on all Legendary accounts by default; this means that Legendary accounts will have the Character Creation menu for styles unlocked automatically instead of having to purchase those styles after the initial creation of a character."

Otherwise, it's a great idea and it's about time.:)
    • Like x 2
  13. DarkAya Dedicated Player

If it's gonna work like feat unlocking I think the styles will be connected to the account, so even if you delete all toons and create new one you're styles - once acquired - should be there to unlock. It worked for me with feats, interesting question though.
  14. Black Eneas Active Player

Nice to people worried about auras DONT if anything prices of them will increase because its will be account bound making them even more rare people with these styles already you don't just magically obtain a style you don't have. you already spent 800m on a og plasmic or you supported the game back then and bought one you should be able to enjoy it account wide is really makes me happy its like dcuo is actually thanking us for our support :)
  15. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

This will be reason for me to grind a hero.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

For the Feat? Or the Style?
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Why would an OG aura be steep? It's already paid for. It would be counter intuitive to make style unlocks overly expensive. If you look at the TC gear. That says free. I don't see where it would be beneficial to charge too much for anything that was already earned or paid for. If DCUO makes things too expensive it will just be a flop. With something like this. DCUO wants to go after quantities of sales like TC's do.
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just like with Powers, if you change Faction, you lose everything that is Faction-specific
  20. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I agree regarding feats. But not styles, since they’ve said style unlocking will work cross-faction. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.