Development Update: Artifacts!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Moja, Oct 20, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

and my point was you dont think people are going to split with new material for less than 2mil-5mil+ for just 1 do you? If so then your very naive in thinking people will trade fairly.

Look at the broker at a clear example of such 'fairness' and how people will part ways with things especially if they turn out if these trade-able mats are rare at all.
    • Like x 1
  2. Maxwill Committed Player

The troller's Artifact (Entwined Rings of Azar) should give power out , not health increase...Don't let it be messed up, fix that please.

Making our damage depend on health is a way to promote pay to win because of the time capsule feats.The more skill points you have the more you can use in health stat so you can increase your damage with the Artifact.I don't like that.
    Make it so it depends on Power Stat.The 1,2% might increase should depend on Power stat.

Also please consider about increasing Stats caps by a huge amount (without decreasing the stats we get per skill points,you can stop the increase of stats we get per skill point, after a point), not too much though ,so time capsules feats aren't needed.I mean since we get about 50 skill points from all time capsules , the stats cap should be at maximum sp - 50(maximum S.P. from time capsules feats). 362 is max sp - 50 = 312 should be the stats caps. I don't mind if they get reduced by a bit , 310 is okay :)

. In that way you'll promote play to win for those that don't want to pay .And trust me a lot of players stopped playing because they didn't want to pay for time capsules skill points. Making us need health to increase damage is way too much ! We'll need more than 366 sp...So you want to make every single time capsule sp needed? I feel like you guys want to use Artifacts to promote more pay to win...

Also I was in Watchtower using powers to see the 1,2% might increase based on health and I didn't see it...Is that intended?

And one last thing, please increase the percentage of Power we get from Tetrahedron of Urgrund, at least 15% , 1% is ridiculously low and I got sick and tired of using omega compounds + energy + reserve tank + supply+ extreme colas and still run out of power...
    • Like x 3
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Artifacts can be a good system if, and only IF they change how they go about it meaning this:

trollers help buff each other
    healers help buff one another
    tanks help buff one another
    DPS help buff one another

not everyone helps work towards buffing DPS, and I play as a DPS most of the time nowadays, and its because of systems like this. Why support when your doing nothing but helping the DPS deal more damage so they can scoreboard case even more.

tank artifact imo should be as followed:

dom 1%
    power
    health
    resist 1-3%
    dom 1% - 2%

trollers:

vit 1%
    CC / stun duration last longer
    power
    debuff 1-3%
    dom 1-2%

DPS:

might/prec 1%
    power
    health
    crit 1-3%
    might/prec 1-2%

healer:

resto 1%
    power
    cool down reduction 1-2%
    crit 1-3%
    resto 1-3%

this imo would be a better system then what I saw in the live stream, and in jafins video that he/she showed in their thread.

It would also prevent LFG being about who had what artifact ect, and what not the 1st few months or so of this going live. It would benefit each role better if the perks were more in-line with the role that was wearing the artifact, not to benefit some other role.

as for the benefiting team mates argument it still will, but of the same role.

so say you had a healer who had a maxed out 1 and a healer with a brand new 1 thats rank 20 (high enough for the 1st perk) the 2nd healer would get all the benefits from the 1st healers artifact while in the group sort of like when you pop a compound omega.
  4. Compound Omega Level 30

I haven't been able to read all the posts concerning this topic, so I may be posting thoughts that have already been brought up. During the Artifacts reveal video I noticed another slot for "Seals". It appears that when your Artifact reaches higher Milestones to break through Catalysts alone won't be enough to guarantee a successful breakthrough, Seals can be added to the process to increase the percentage chance of a successful breakthrough. Also, it was stated that these are the first five Artifacts, more will follow. Seals and New Artifacts...Time Capsules or Space and Time Vendor (Quarks)?
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Artifacts have their own vendor atm, but hopefully new missions for new artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  6. drkrjones Level 30

Do we know when this goes live?
  7. TheDrone Well-Known Player

As it is, this feels to me like nothing more than a new piece of gear that can only be acquired through R&D. From that perspective, this isn't all that exciting. In fact, it feels like just another grind.

If it did something unique, that would be different. Someone laid out a concept in which the Artifact would give unique effects. Effects that are not simply stat buffs. The most interesting thing would be new abilities which are not class dependent, and are available to whoever uses that Artifact. The other option I liked was visual effects. To a great degree, this is like the transformation trinkets found in the Vault. It would be quite fun to be able to transform and do a raid as Clayface. It could even be something like a pet. Since the Artifact is already giving stats, the pet wouldn't need to do damage. Just something interesting like a monkey that sits on your shoulder and occasionally leaps off to attack or a tiger that prowls around behind you and attack things that flank you (again, doing damage is not needed). The fact is, people like styles. Give us interesting visual effects, and we'll love it.
  8. Kestral Committed Player

This is a really great start and I'm excited about it. My hope for it's progression is that there should be at least 2 artifacts available for every role so that it boosts the value of having 2 heals/trolls/tanks whatever in a raid since stacking is not going to be possible with these items.
  9. Kestral Committed Player

^ that is a good point.
    The fact that all the artifacts give boosts to the group's health only seems really limiting. I mean as a healer yay that helps for me but I want my controllers to be able to give the group boosts in power or vit, Tanks should be able to give boosts in Defense or shields maybe. Dps looks like it already does help other stats for the group for Precision and Might so it's just the other roles that need a 2nd option for a better role specific variety. The fact that they all stack to health just seems like it would negatively affect how much people bother to put SP into health in the first place potentially and the value of having multiple healers.
  10. Kestral Committed Player

11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

well the making health buff ppls dmg is a false sense of our progression meaning anything and making us feel stronger instead of actually making us feel stronger. See what I mean?

everyone shouldnt be feeding DPS' health to buff their damage just to make content last as long or shorter then it did before revamp. We should get role exclusive buffs with this system or IMO its a fail before it hits live.

a troll should have a artifact because it benefits HIM, and same for healers, tanks, and DPS'

as it stands im not going waste my time on these things once I get the feats from it ;)

after that Im deleting / salvaging it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Matt Swift New Player

Is GU76 the Earth 3 episode or is that coming out after GU76?
  13. Scallinno Level 30

It's not the same.
  14. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Some Artifact ideas:

Cosmic Control Rod
    Gravity Rod
    Cosmic Belt
    The Shade's Cane
    T-Spheres
    Blackout Bombs
    Dr. Mid-Nite's Goggles
    Shard of the Rock of Eternity
    Helm of Nabu
    Liquid Metal (the substance giving Citizen Steel his powers)
    Miraclo
    Black Lightning's Belt
    Magog's Staff
    Black Light Projector (Phantom Girl)
    Crimson Avenger's Guns
    Wand of Glastonbury (used by the villain, The Wizard)
    Mask of Johnny Sorrow
  15. Alibaba New Player

is the immunity in pvp and pve back?
  16. xPR3STOx New Player

I agree with the comment of the stabilizers. I think that it should be bound to toon as some have more than one primary, due to variety in power options, and are not able to increase them or promote them at the same rate due to the restrictions already set forth on the amount of stabilizers needed to open a capsule, which are already obtained at a higher rate than what is able to be opened. The capsules are agreeable in the shared aspect as sharing is caring.....
    • Like x 1
  17. Zeph El New Player

World of Warcraft's Artifact system is amazing, this feels like a "stat stick" - That being said, I am excited to try it in case I am wrong. I would love to see hidden artifact effects that players could discover over time. Something that gives slight out of combat benefits - another way to personalize our characters and so forth.
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

I BET 90% OF ALL PLAYERS ARE GOING FOR THE SAME ARTEFACT ^^
  19. xPR3STOx New Player

ALSO!!!! Can we PLEASE have some kind of system to remove the Spam bots on the servers??? Blocking them is not enough and I don't care about the price of gold on resale and I won't subscribe to your YouTube channel... I have a hard time following the "important" updates from others.... honestly... i really dont give a f*** about the bs on the chat- (really people.... are we regressing to our childhood-schoolyard manner in a GAME....), but when I'm looking for bounties, its a problem.
  20. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Superpowered Artifact here I come.
    • Like x 1