Development Update: Artifacts!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Moja, Oct 20, 2017.

1. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Everything sounds great
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

IMO I think there needs to be some CC resist some where in there, and possibly some buffing of stuns / possibly making stuns into hard stuns like quantum has if you are say mental or another power with less equal stuns.

for DPSing, I didnt get to see the artifact that good, but if it isnt in there possibly increase to damage (both weapon and abilities)

healers, need lower power cost reductions, possibly lower cool downs (same for trolls)

trolls should have as I mentioned in another thread 2 ways to play, a dom heavy for CCing and then a power/vit heavy build for powering the group, and the artifact they choose should reflect that and aid in that form of play.

tanks need more defs and health, imo fire and earth atm seem squishy so possibly having something in these artifacts that help counter that would be nice.

also I was asking this in the stream but was ignored both times I asked, if anything is to be sold on a vendor will it be in the price range for premiums?

Because the quark vendor almost everything on there is out of premiums price range (the 2k cash cap)
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

Will those artifacts boost all stats like an extra gear piece of simply a specific stat?
  4. Cyro Committed Player

Depending on how well this goes this may get me back into the game instead of popping my head in every now and again.
    • Like x 1
  5. Azreaus Committed Player

So it's basically a re-skin of the artifact system used in Neverwinter?

Colour me unsurprised....
    • Like x 7
  6. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

Will Catalysts (and other/new items) be available in solo content or will it/they only be through team-ups?
    • Like x 2
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If earth 3 shapes out to be solid, I'll probably end up returning.

On topic, can we also get artifacts as base items? Ones you craft and can place in your base giving you a bonus? Think it would be a neat addition along side amenities and breath some fresh air into lairs.
    • Like x 5
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

it has certain stats / things it buffs depending on the artifact you get.

but you can get them all and rank them all up ect, so if someone has the ring looking 1 you can equipped the diamond looking 1 and have more stats stacking :p

and from way it looked its identical to how SP' are setup
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

eh how would it work in this case though? Surely not with the same system / crafting we just saw in the stream, b/c thats crazy lol

especially if they do the ranks for said items. Thats going to far imo, maybe have the base versions based off of prestige earned?
  10. Megzilla Developer

From the art side: It'd be something fun to make and we're up for exploring the idea. I don't think we'd have it effect gameplay/stats.
    • Like x 5
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

During the Livestream, they specifically said Catalysts would come from 'Duos, Alerts and Raids'.

They are also tradable, so they'll probably be up on the Broker as well.

However, this is only the first iteration of the system. If enough people ask them to put Catalysts into Challenges, they might listen for the next wave of Artifacts.
    • Like x 3
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I thought that was weird too, only in group content, which many of the ppl here has voiced their PoV that they play only solo if friends and league mates aren't on / around to run anything.

So making things like this for only group content is going to burn bridges for some ppl.
    • Like x 1
  13. Wallachia Devoted Player

I WANT A PINK TUTU ARTIFACT!

No, really. That would be so awesome.
    • Like x 3
  14. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Question time:

Will content difficulty or relevancy determine the quality or quantity of Nth Metal you receive in any way? Or will it be a scenario where you want to find the largest clusters of adds an just farm like crazy?

Will Nth Metal ever be sold in the Marketplace? Please say no.
    • Like x 2
  15. Tarif Committed Player

Says the catalysts are rare drops, and theres a chance each time for the catalyst to be destroyed on the break through, but, you may purchase a 100% working catalyst on the market place.

Thats my initial concern. That the pricing on them doesnt mirror what happened with this system on the neverwinter mmo, and isnt reasonable.

Next would be the leveled amounts of the nth metal drops. Since it was said there will be larger packs of them from the vault and stabilizer event that opens the capsules.

Guess we wait and see. I like the concept, just depends on the price, and if the ratios are reasonable to me.
  16. Megzilla Developer

Find it in the comics :p
    • Like x 2
  17. Maxwill Committed Player

I need more Power (in my power stat) and more Power Regeneration per second !
  18. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Not a fan of the catalyst part of it seem that's going to be a way to get money out of the community by selling unbreakable catalyst in the marketplace.
    • Like x 1
  19. Zpred Dedicated Player

Question: i know on the stream the stats for artifacts were bugged and need adjusting however something my league member said made me think.

How big will the stat bonus boost be? The reason i ask is because the dps artifact that increases the might based off your health, what if the dps is in tank gear with big health? Will you get an even bigger might bonus? Would it be worth it instead of having dps gear on?

Question 2: the same artifacts aren't stackable, does that mean only 4 people in a raid can utilise these benefits for the group? Would it not be good to at least have the support artifacts stackable to encourage more support roles in raids?
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ooh let me have a go;
    Deadshot’s Sniper Rifle: 50% bonus damage on ranged weapon attacks
    Kryptonian Nano-gene: +75% crowd control resistance
    Bane’s venom tank: Increases the Weapon buff bonus to 66%