Dev Discussion Development Update: Artifact Catalyst Consolidation

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hello and heads up! Confused by Catalysts? Us too.

Artifact Catalysts are numerous and, let's face it, confusing for many. We are up to 21 Catalysts and counting. Many things about the Artifact and Catalyst systems have changed since the original design where having so many made sense. So...

Artifact Catalyst Consolidation

With Game Update 97/Episode 35, we will consolidate Artifact Catalysts from the 21 you know down to just 3 you don't. Instead of needing different Catalysts for each breakthrough rank on your artifacts, you will need increasing numbers of just these new ones.
    • Dionesium(Common Catalyst)
      • 7 Source Marks from John Constantine
    • Quantum Field Energy(Uncommon Catalyst)
      • 10 Source Marks from John Constantine
    • Paradox Energy (Rare Catalyst)
      • 15 Source Marks from John Constantine
    Have a bunch of the existing Catalysts? Not a problem. Use them as normal for now, or wait for the consolidation in our next game update. After the update, you will be able to consume your Catalysts for 10 Source Marks (what they cost from Constantine), and then pick up the new ones.

Please also note that the existing Marketplace Catalyst packs have been removed and will be replaced with (many fewer) packs of the new Catalysts later on.

Let us know if you have any questions!
    • Like x 11
  2. Lord Stormbolt New Player

Sounds nice, but while you're at it, why not 5, 10, 15? The 7 just seems weird here.
    • Like x 8
  3. Zamara Dedicated Player

Agree 5, 10 & 15 sounds better than having a weird 7 in there :p
  4. Eve YouTuber

Wait... if you increase the amount of catalysts we need to use for a breakthrough, and they each cost (7, 10 ,15)
    It kinda makes it more expensive. Since End game players can only farm Atlantis\JLD as of now (And Metal I & II when they launch)
    but we don't have enough content to earn enough Source Marks to buy the catalysts. Just my point of view on it though, Unless I misunderstood something.
    • Like x 3
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Sounds sweet to me make it 5,10,15 That's a bit better but overall it's a great step in the right direction.
  6. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

This part is confusing: '
    you will be able to consume your Catalysts for 10 Source Marks'. Are you saying we're going to have to buy the catalysts we already have in order to convert them to the new catalysts?
  7. Red Five Developer

No, that means that if you have an old catalyst in your inventory, you can consume it to gain 10 Source Marks.
    • Like x 4
  8. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding
  9. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Current Artifact breakthrough Source Marks costs are 20/30/60/90/120/150/180/210 (from Rank 20 to Rank 160).

What will be the new costs?
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Episode specific marks will still convert into Source Marks. You should farm Titans Cred if you haven't already done so.
    • Like x 1
  11. Eve YouTuber

Yes but CR Relevancy makes it so I can't earn source marks from titans anymore for example (I know it will be converted)
    because I'm higher CR. So this is my issue with this basically.
  12. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

What about Catalyst Caches that people have that they store up and to use when they need them? What happens with those?
    • Like x 2
  13. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

It's definitely better with regards to number of types. But it ends up more expensive... any advantage to doing this? Are you finding that we're leveling them up too fast?

I think the ideal plan would be to reduce to 1 catalyst at the current price & keep the numbers the same (but it would just be a total... for example, level 100 would be simply 12 catalysts instead of 5, 4, 3 different ones). This would basically be status quo without the user experience issues of opening different categories, then subcategories.
    • Like x 4
  14. StealthBlue Loyal Player

If they keep the same number of catalysts per breakthrough (in the same number of common, uncommon, and rare), it looks like it would be 14/24/56/88/120/152/184/216 for ranks 20-160. So you are still ahead by 6 source marks at rank 160.

If the common is reduced to 5 source marks and number of catalysts remains the same, it would be 10/20/50/80/110/140/170/200, which would be saving 10 marks every breakthrough.

I checked 6 marks for the common as well, and you still end up ahead on every breakthrough,. So I see why they choose 7 for the common.

Of course, they could change the number of catalysts needed at any breakthrough as well, and that would affect these numbers.
    • Like x 2
  15. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Love the idea, worried about the cost per breakthrough... if it increases it will make it even harder to have multiple characters.

I really hope there is a decrease in breakthrough cost, I'll be very disappointed if it increases.
    • Like x 1
  16. MiLady Well-Known Player

I have several catalyst Caches, the unopened boxes. What will happen to them? Do I wait until after the update to open them and redeem them for source marks? Or do I have to open them all now, before the update and choose a catalyst and save them until after the update?
    • Like x 1
  17. Red Five Developer

The Catalyst Caches will also grant you 10 Source Marks when opened, instead of an old Catalyst.
    • Like x 5
  18. Belthazur Dedicated Player

So Catalyst Caches are also being Removed. So IF we have a stockpile?
  19. Aerith Rose Committed Player

It really was out of hand with how many different catalysts we had at different levels. Good move to condense it, have been waiting for this.

Will there be a new version of catalyst caches?
    • Like x 1
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Nothing is removed. Any of the existing catalysts or caches you have will, when opened/consumed, convert to source marks.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.