Development Update: Age of Justice!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuno Loyal Player

We know how open world works but... do you understand that getting 0 solos and duos makes some people feel dissapointed?
    We pay the same for the membership but we get less content because now we have gaps of 7-8 months... not getting enough instanced content feels wrong.

In the other hand I hope the vendor style is something more "superhero" than the gear one.

Storyline looks cool though but... throw us a bone, man.
    • Like x 7
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

its 2 alert
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is this a continuation of the The First Piece/Prison Break/A Rip In Time storyline?
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Also...im not sure if i like or dislike that collection spawning an extra boss. In theory sounds great...but i can see it already: "LF roles for Z Raid must have X Collection" Specially if it drops extra loot.
    • Like x 5
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Well, I agree it's not that impressive, but we'll have to see the open world missions first to be sure. If they're similar to AFIII open world then yeah. Not crazy about the preview where you're stat clamped either, unless it's only up and not down too.

But, I have to say I'm happier to have 2 alerts and 2 raids than 1 duo, 1 alert and 2 raids. Alerts are generally more interesting mechanics-wise than duos, especially since one is a 4-man operation.
    • Like x 1
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

I have to disagree. I enjoy running duos and still run the AF3 duo (which is the only piece of AF3 content I still run) daily because it's fun and doesn't feel grindy. Open world missions on the other hand I find incredibly boring, repetitive and grindy. I don't want to keep on interacting with things and picking up boxes or whatever we'll be doing. It's very unfortunate to see that we'll be missing out on a duo. I'm looking forward to the episode, but I am not looking forward to running around doing boring missions again and again in an open world not once, but twice now. I think if there's any time to quickly make a little duo, do it. A lot of people will be missing two-player instances and the sometimes interesting feats that can come with them.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

As long as this Episode isn't expected to last us 6+ months like AF III then this sounds like it will be fun. I also agree with those that think the Style is horrible looking as it is not very super hero looking at all. The content itself though sounds like it will be interesting.
    • Like x 5
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Really? Mechanics? Our current alert can be done in 5 min. Almost since it was released.
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Awesome job guys! Miss the duo but it is what it is.
  10. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

There sure seem to be a lot of complaints. I for one am excited. Not jazzed about the style because it's not my thing, but I can still appreciate it! It's cool to see some new characters too!
    • Like x 2
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

What i get from it is that youll be clamped if youre not a member, own the DLC or are CR too low. If you are a member and, lets say, 170cr, youll be boosted to 186cr to enter the zone with clamped rewards.
    And if you are not a member/own DLC but have the propper CR youll get access with clamped rewards too.
  12. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

So does this mean that it will be tied to "Renown" like the Olympus & God Of Monsters Elite raids?
  13. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yes.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

In the 2nd alert where it says 'fishy'. As in a trap? Or is Aquaman somehow involved?
  15. Original Kal Well-Known Player

Actually he's right when you could have put out some JSA styled emblems and outfits. And as a base item like the JSA meeting table for example.
    • Like x 4
  16. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I'm super excited about the episode, but... I was really really really hoping for some actual Justice Society member styles. Still excited to check it out though.
    • Like x 2
  17. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

All the usual suspects have chimed in with their negative outlook on everything, poo-pooing something out of the gate based on a few pictures and limited breakdowns of the episode.

But this isn't a toxic community at all.

Nope.

Devs, this DLC looks awesome, and since I seem to be the only one who knows who the black hawks are, they style looks great, even if its not my particular cup of tea.

Can't wait for June 1st.

P.S. How long does this thread go you think before someone manages to complain about TCs, or strains the english language in an attempt to use the word "perception" in their post?
    • Like x 7
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

Wait for the Time Capsule bro.
    • Like x 2
  19. Aaron7K Active Player

This is intriguing but lame.
  20. ChillCat Loyal Player

Devs have been releasing TCs with new content so maybe we'll be getting TC5 soon with the emblems of which you speak.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.