Devastator too hard

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nangaf, Apr 15, 2022.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

My smoothest runs have been a 1:1:1:1 set up. I did a fast run with a battle tank, battle healer, dps, and dps in troll stance for the debuffs. Went by extremely smoothly.
    • Like x 2
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Hits that hit for 100% of your health are mechanic based. Do mechanics. You are acting as if the basic attacks are hitting for percent damage, which they are not.
    • Like x 2
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Hi Im crazy and i random PUG everyday lol :D I like the abuse
    • Like x 4
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Can a tank hold enough of the attention of devastator, to make a difference? Serious question, as when I've had a tank in the group, devastator didn't seem to pay "extra" attention towards the tank, but rather still flopped around the fight field like a fish out of water lol.

Battle healer though, absolutely, I've seen the benefit myself of that speeding up the process greatly, when mechanics are followed, like avoiding the spores as best as possible.
    • Like x 4
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

He definitely does run around but the tank was pretty much an anchor since we would attack by the wall and move along the wall clockwise to move to an area without spores. That way we always knew who was the anchor. But I should say that we used a battle tank for everything up until the ultramam at which point the battle tank went dps and switched roles so they were a dps in tank stance similar to the troll
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It appears my luck has run out with pug groups as of last night.
    • Like x 2
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Hahaha yeah found a bad one myself. Thankfully I was on my healer alt to keep them alive. Unthankfully, all 3 dps weren’t using supercharges so my triple EoG wasn’t speeding anything up. In the end, all 3 were barely ahead of my triangle tapping healer in damage out. Literally fell asleep during doomsday.
    • Like x 2
  8. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

I know from the fact I never get the Doom form that I stay at the top of his hate table, but yeah I do a whole lot of hard taunting with a whole lot of Devastator going after everyone else (including during the charge spikes phase, which is especially frustrating. It makes me feel like I’m hiding instead of taunting when I get behind the spikes and he runs for any random other player.
    • Like x 1
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I was just going to post the same thing...except I actually found myself having fun. So far every run I've queued into with my healer alongside three dps has been a blast. I love healing, it's a good buzz. Of course I've only run the alert a few times. Get back to me in two weeks...

The funny (or sad) thing is so far I've helped out every single person I've queued up for new content with. I've helped along a couple dozen or so fledging healers, dps, trolls and tanks in the new duo and alert. I queue up with my top healer into the duo and a 370 dps switches to troll mode and starts crying if I like having a support role slowing them down in duos...
    • Like x 1
  10. AzraelR Committed Player

I went to this instance 3 times as a healer and....
    It's impossible to remove the gas, because if you do, the entire team will die (of course, because you CAN'T use healers skills while transformed)
    And of course, you can't do both things... or you heal or you lose a few seconds trying to desactivate the gas. Since the animations is too long (to desactivate the gas) yea, not happen. Sorry.
    So every time I transform, I use skill two (to remove transformation) so I can get back and healing the team soon as possible.

The point is... the team loses a lot of health due to gas, and if they get a few seconds without healing, it's a wipe. I mean... for real. Last time I was healing like crazy. My power dropped quickly, I had to use suply, soda, etc etc etc.
    And I don't think it's because the team doesn't run out of gas. The team does run away, but the problem is that the gas damage is so high that if you don't heal soon, it's almost death.

Dps can do that. Tank can do that. Or even troll. But if the healers stop healing to remove the gas... say hello to wipe.

it happened to me too
    And it was very fast.
    3 or 4 seconds without healing was enough for the whole team go to hell.
    That gas is taking a lot of damage. It's insane.

(I don't even want to know what the elite version of this looks like...)
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've had the worst day trying to complete this alert on my Quantum toon. I went in with a tank + no healer, couldn't get past Super Woman. Went in with a "tank" and "healer", couldn't get past Super Woman. Went in with "Wonder Woman" and healer, ending up leaving because Wonder Woman wanted to solo Super Woman...

Finally went in with three other DPS, one of them switched to Controller and we only wiped once. I'm uploading the video clip for you'll later, stay tuned.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

13. Great Architect Loyal Player

Were you "controlling" or "dpsing" ?
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

"DPS"
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

Then my condolences.

Inevitably, you can have great DPS in content, and a passable second role - but if your second person in a role is only passable, you guys are dead.

This is why you encourage good Healers and Tanks.
  16. Great Architect Loyal Player

For example. I tried the new Raid for the first time today as tank. I made that clear - said "My first time here, any advice?". None. OK. The Healer's power bar never left full. Ever. Wipe.

I pointed this out. They said "Yeah. BLAME THE HEALER" and left.

Ye, it was a PUG, but...
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Completed with 4 competent DPS. Wiped prior to this because (1) I was tanking and (2) they kept jumping in the spores.
    • Like x 1