Devastator too hard

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nangaf, Apr 15, 2022.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

For a challenge? I know I do event when I need quick, normal for a challenge on my lowbies and elite reg is for gearing up main and 1st alt. I know some people don’t want any challenge so it makes sense that they just go run event and get coins. The only thing they don’t get is relevant gear (which they’ll get from the daily mission boxes) and OP bits which they shouldn’t and hopefully never will get in event mode. Until it’s set up with better levels of difficulty throughout, players need to realize that it’s not all walk in the park content. They’re going to get smacked around a bit till they learn. Good. Eventually I’d love to see event/ eventreg/ regular (small step down from elite) elite/ critical. Plenty of players want a challenge without it being elite levels of challenge.

Event isn’t hard btw. They hit hard but you can literally walk right back in. You can also block to get healed. Or use one of the 10 healing barrels. Many ways to stay alive. Yeah, they’re hitting a bit hard. Anti monitor was wiping groups of 360s in event level last dlc and no one complained. Because they learned to block or break out.
    • Like x 2
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Hold on, how are we supposed to gear up doing event if we don’t get relevant gear or OP item stuff?
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Gear progression is a "per-dlc" concept.
    If you are under geared to do normal mode of this new dlc, then perhaps the normal mode of the previous dlc is what is needed to get your gear up to par. Once you but a full set of the gear, making your Cr 358, you're geared enough to start the new dlc. If you still feel weak, perhaps higher artifacts or stat points will be needed.

Event version doesn't offer new gear for the current dlc, because you are already behind, so it offers scaling gear.
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What level artifacts and sp do I need to survive hits that scale to max health and ignore shields, like Mxy’s turrets in the Legion Of Doom alert for example?
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I ran both the Alert and the Raid with my sister in a pug group, both were Event versions. She's a real gamer's gamer who plays a wide variety of games. We both felt that the Alert and the Raid (Event version) were well balanced and very enjoyable. We had no knock outs in the Alert but there were plenty in the Raid. I was knocked out and sent back to the start 3 times. People tried to pick me up but sadly they too were knocked out for their efforts.

Once we get better gear, we plan on playing the Regular versions and slowly graduate to playing Elite. I hope you will que up for the Event versions, there is no shame in playing them. I'm on the US server otherwise I would love to invite you to group up with me & sis!
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

When people say attacks scale, that means they scale to your health. If I have 300k health and you have 100k health and the attack that scales to 10% hits me, I lose 290k health and you lose 90k. I’m explaining it poorly but that’s a rough idea. For event mode, you don’t need any artifacts or sp and can complete it. Just slower and a bit tougher than others with those things can. I’ve seen top cr toons die in event while standing next to a buffed 30cr toon.
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This part is easy. Do dailies. Run event content for coins. Use gear from daily drops or coins to buy vendor gear. Go run regular when ready.
    • Like x 2
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is it not ironic that the people who need the gear the most get less of it? But ah, the gear doesn’t automatically make things easier so I guess this is a tangent.
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Wait... what?! That should never ever happen. If this is happening then what they heck am I wasting my time by getting better top end gear will max augs & arts? A top cr toon should 10x or more hits than a buffed up 30cr toon, unless I am totally misunderstanding what you are describing. I mean, wow, if this is what is happening, I should quit the game now & cut my losses in time & treasure.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

A lot of damage from mechanics and special attacks scale to your maximum health, killing you just as fast as a lesser character. This is why I’m questioning the notion that gear automatically makes an instance easier, because often it doesn’t. In fact, now we have the clamp it almost never does, other than faster burn which doesn’t always matter.

In today’s DCUO, you do the mechanics or you fail. If you can’t do that, there’s always event mode… until there isn’t. Just ask that guy who can’t do Metal 1 open world because he can’t finish the Scarlet Speedster solo on its lowest currently available difficulty.
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No, it went exactly how it should have. Low toon blocked and broke out and the high cr was probably thinking “pfft it’s only event” and chose not to do anything except keep on pewpewin. I don’t care how high level anyone gets, they should always be able to die if they ignore. Less risk yes but not immortal. If event turns into a cake walk where players just can not die, then those same players will think wow this games so easy lemme go into elite lol
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Maybe but if they’re being clamped up then it’s relevant to them gear just not the same as end game gear drops. They’ll get 305 gear right now which is just under last dlcs vendor gear level. Once they’ve got nothing to gain from event, then maybe they’re ready for regular. If they can’t cut the mustard, they can use their coins to buy better gear. They can also choose to struggle in regular, that’s ok too. If they’re looking for brain dead easy, maybe Lego DC is their jam?
    • Like x 2
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Ok I think I was misunderstanding what you were describing. Current DLC Event version, yes I got knocked out 3 times in the raid with CR360 gear. I would never expect to be immortal in any instance, especially now living under the Clamp.

I thought you meant that someone with an extremely low CR was being given special protections and scaled up to be better than an end game player with at level or better gear and high stats.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s not okay though, because if you can’t finish it you’re punished for it because the progression model is based on finishing everything before the next loot lock deadline. I am suffering some significant logistical difficulties because I abstained from the episode 42 alert and raid most weeks. I’m okay with that because I chose to, but what if it wasn’t a choice?
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I earned most of my Justice coins last DLC from just doing the dailies and the Open World bosses. Of course I admit I did invest in Replay badges, but it is possible to gear up almost entirely by primarily doing the dailies and Open World bosses. I don't entirely know your situation, I can only gather that you facing some disadvantages due to game population on the server you are on. I am blessed with being in 2 wonderful leagues on Hero (Thunder Cats Only) and Villain (Justice Girls Dark) , both help league-mates to level up, so my results are differing from yours. I wish we could play together. I would love to help you get stronger.
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They do normal for the feats and gear. Event gear is only useful for salvaging or League Hall Generator Prestige.
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Im not sure I’m getting it. If it’s Thursday morning and I’m an hour away from resets and I need to run the raid and alert then I’m going into event to get my coins. Gear boxes are great and all but coins are the goal. If I spend all week failing to complete those in reg then I’m not good enough to run reg and I can either keep trying or go into event. Anyone not finishing event has some stuff going on that no one can help. I can still do easy dailies and the duo to get loot boxes and gear. That’s a lot of stuff to open. Then anyone can get bounties done to get more gear. I’m taking it you’re saying that event level should also drop end game boxes? It’s a bit much imo but I guess what’s it matter. If it keeps players that aren’t capable of running regular in event level, that’s fine by me.
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Simple...stack your coins, eventually buy vendor gear. Don't know why you're coming off brand new to this. You used to do this all the time, you eventually wised up and stopped. Now you're back to this. You know what you need to do and how to do it...here's a reminder, buy vendor gear with currency from event mode, do your outdoor dailies and weeklies and level up with those drops, finally...ask for specific strategies for the things you don't understand then look for them in event so you can eventually recognize them in regular content.
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

By choice. If you venture into regular content and rise to the challenge, you get the appropriate rewards. Funny how that works innit?
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yes, I suppose it’s a sad reflection of the post-capitalist dystopia that is real life. But not even I want to open that can of worms, so moving VERY SWIFTLY on.

I’m not back to doing anything. I didn’t make this thread. I haven’t even played since Thursday. I might not even struggle personally, I’m just a concerned citizen. I believe the semi-regular threads about the Scarlet Speedster lend my concerns some credibility.

Is it really wise design to have the game’s easy mode be fundamentally temporary? Anyone who comes into the episode at a later date essentially has to start at medium difficulty. If that’s too much, is that really fair?