Devastator Fight - Tray Power Needs to Move

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Photonaxon, May 8, 2022.

1. Photonaxon Well-Known Player

Revert to human should be moved to 6 or 7... 1-5 are spammed a lot and accidental revertion occurs too often.

Areas of inhale should be increased also.
    • Like x 1
  2. Henoshock Well-Known Player

It's not necessary to absorb the spores, and most groups seem to not absorb them. I've always had a slight delay when being transformed (as well as some CC), so I've never had an issue accidentally getting out of the form. At this point it seems that you'd only want to be in the form for the feat to absorb some spores, for which you should be paying attention so you won't accidentally revert anyways. Maybe this will change in the elite plus alert though.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Either that or make it a push-hold combo, like de summoning a pet. Yeah....it's pretty easy to pop out of that form by accident. Whether that's a problem or not, whether people care to absorb or not, doesn't make a difference. If the mechanic is there to be used, it should be a choice to do so or not. If you pop out of the form simply because you were about to hit your next move, that's poor design. Especially with the delay between the announcement on screen and when you transform, you can't just have everyone drop rotations while you wait and see who gets the form. A 2 second push-hold would do the trick.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

In elite you have to but reg is completely optional.
  5. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

you don't "have to" We rarely do it on my groups, you just need to keep kiting him in a circle around the room.
    Having a battle troll can sometimes be usefull for the debuff but really it's entirely not necessary.

And to reply to OP the might have to pay attention there is a tell when he does it.
    More so it's better now than what it was when it released where the animation took 3 years to get out of it.
    • Like x 1
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I usually dont do it in elite either. If the damage is good its sometimes even faster to not do it in elite.
    • Like x 1
  7. Photonaxon Well-Known Player

Obviously, getting comments from people who don't know or do mechanics. Devastator get defensive and offensive buffs from the spores. While you might not even notice other people doing mechanics (you have know why) it doesn't mean other people aren't doing them.

You are getting comments from people who are oblivious.
  8. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I know exactly what the mechanics are and about the buffs doesn't mean it's necessary to actually do those mechanics I wish they were but they aren't.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Elite you don't have to, but it's not a bad idea to do it to speed up the fight. Not because of his defense, because he almost always has that up even if you are getting the clouds, but because you can't reach him with all the clouds everywhere and you can paint yourself into a corner.

I have run and tried both methods and I prefer to get the clouds when I'm transformed. Other DPS is their choice. I would like for it to not be so easy to transform back. My MAP attack is on tray #2 and I'm hitting it on cooldown. LoL