Dev question: In-game option English voices - Spanish subtitles or another language

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NemesisF1, Apr 3, 2020.

1. NemesisF1 New Player

Hi Devs!

I wanted to ask you if it is possible to add an option to have the subtitles and listen to the original audio (English) of the game?
    I am one of the people whose level of English is very low, so we cannot afford to play the game in English because we do not understand many things.
    Those who play with the game translated into Spanish, in the new content, only the translated subtitles are seen but the voices are not heard. I do not know if the same thing happens in languages other than English. That takes a lot of content out of the game.

It would be nice to have an option (if possible) in the game that allows us to have the subtitles translated, but the audio that is heard is the original, so that those silences are not in the game while the characters speak.

Thank you!

PS: Excuse my English, I am really very bad and this was translated by the google translator
    • Like x 3
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• This has been requested quite often
    • I had a conversation 5 minutes ago with a french league mate about the very same topic
    I think the issue on that Topic is the justification that if you play the game in spanish at start, you will reach a point when the Audio language switches magically to english, leaving the player wondering what happened and how to get the language back to spanish for example. (coming to Forums to ask for help and/or open multiple tickets)

For the Dev's:

Here's the solution: Cut all Voice acting of different languages for the whole game and only keep the subtitles for different languages. That way you wont have that weird Point of unwanted Transition between languages.
    Is it a lot of work you will have to put in? Yes, no doubt.
    But, every aspect of a Video game is cruicial for a good experience.
    Imagine cutting all Music from a Video game. Imagie cutting all visuals from a Video game. Cutting all Voices of talking Npc's has the same effect. It is weird. You kind of adapt to it, but if you adapted to it and then change the game to english and experience it with voice acting, its a whole different experience. (Experienced this effect myself quite some years ago)
    I highly suggest, to make this happen and a very big Portion of the playerbase would appreciate this too.
  3. Wildcat Committed Player

+1 We need this.

This game have a lot of players around the world!

We need more subtitles options, european languages + Polish, Paki, Russian etc ;)

subtitles in text files should not take much space

and I would like to learn some spanish playing dcuo (english voice + spanish subtitles) :eek::D
    • Like x 1
  4. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

I would be very happy if they add Bulgarian subtitles in the game someday!