Dev Diary: Wonderverse's Open World

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

So one of the benefits of On-Duty instanced content is that I can ensure I’m running with seven competent players and ONLY seven competent players. I love the outside-the-box thinking and trying new things but I’m wary that we might be in for experiences like with Metal Man-Bat where one (or ten) players can drop an orbital and screw it up for everyone else. Raid bosses typically require mechanics to be executed correctly or the group will be unsuccessful. If that is what is being replicated in the open world, What’s to ensure that open world randoms aren’t messing it up for everyone else (aside from PVP phase)?
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Primary question for the livestream, or here - since Open-World bosses are like raids, will we be able to cross-faction group? Heroes & Villains forming a group in Open-World, just like TF X / Suicide Squad in the raids.
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This sounds fantastic and pretty much exactly what I was hoping for for this game from a PvE standpoint. The game has a ton of quality raids and alerts but the open world hasn't been so good. Looking forward to the livestream to see how large this so-called open world is. Given the fact that we can fly and speed through areas, I felt that Atlantis was fairly small but definitely a step up from previous areas. Gotham and Metropolis are massive and it would be a super shock if this new world is anywhere near as large to me.

I have a few questions and concerns.

1. Do you have any plans to go back and potentially implement similar ideas in older areas? From a new player standpoint (which I might be if I decide to come back on playstation rather than PC) it would seem pretty inconsistent. Not sure how the community feels but I would love to see large interactive missions and world bosses in all areas or at least the ones with large maps. I would 100% love to see Metropolis/Gotham revamped with these changes.

2. Have you considered adding events besides world bosses? Such as situations where players have to fight waves of enemies in a specific area. Similar to survival mode.

3. Have you considered adding quests in the open world beyond just dailies? I think that it would be great for players to have a chance to participate in an in depth quest helping an iconic hero, but nothing as short/repetitive as killing x amount of enemies.
  4. Abs New Player

Is source marks included in the rewards?
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

Even though the buildings aren't as tall as what we see in Gotham and Metropolis, I hope the flight ceiling is as high. Part of the fun of flight is being able to get so high as to see faaaar into the distance.
  6. Vulpar Well-Known Player

If you really want this to be a competitor as a hangout to the Watchtower, it would need to be something everyone could access.

What might also help would be making it so Versus chat was part of Shout. Not enough people are even aware that Versus exists. And since people so few people use it, those who know it exists are less likely to use it. Simply making it so villains AND heroes are seen in shout would make for a good reason for somewhere other than the Hall of Doom or Watchtower to be a major hangout. (It would also be nice for generally cooperating with villains.) I understand for role-playing purposes villains don't typically work with heroes, but the game has been forcing cooperating in missions and doing the same tasks for basically the same reason for a while now.

As for the bosses that don't get loot locked, that's a GREAT idea. But, if you want people to continue caring about it after the episode is over, you'll need to keep adding rewards occasionally and possibly working on new bosses to switch out, a la Synn and Nth Metal Golem to keep people from getting bored of fighting the same bosses for episodes on end.
  7. Vulpar Well-Known Player

That everyone could access even when the episode after it is released.
  8. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

It is just my idea, because I see the game is getting less populated.
    For the part that you understood the wrong way, I am sorry sir, maybe I explained not correctly I did not try to express a player against AI or PvP content. By saying like Tekken that i should not have, I meant it's open world part that gives missions, some versions of that game and Mortal Combat do have those type of content, it's exactly like our DCUO open world that player fights ads closely, nevertheless Batman games would make a better example.
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes, I kind of skipped through parts of your post because I was just about to end my lunch break at work, I apologise. When I read it fully again I realised that the games you were describing were more in line with a multiplayer version of the Batman Arkham games. There are rumours that Rocksteady (the studio who developed most of the Arkham games) are working on a multiplayer Suicide Squad game, so if that rumour is true then that game may be closer to what you're looking for.
    • Like x 1
  10. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Speaking of making sessions and hardware.
    If you do some research in the area of some subjects like programming and web design, there are always trick in them, one simple thing is that we are aware that for companies that have games with big numbers of players, it is not a realistic option to dedicate all the content to the servers themselves, because that would cost them so much. It works like cookies and data of each player that are not so private like passwords and personal information are saved on their own device.

Of course it is an MMO game and has to be online, I just gave this advice in order to solve some issues like the disability to decorate the outside of your bases and camping inside your base xD , getting spammed by these low tier mobs of story mission among Metropolis and Gotham that make the cities ugly. However it's not the end of worlds, we are here to share opinions to help the developers of games to improve the gameplay. Not necessarily all suggestions are good. Chills :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Woo that's some good news for me. Thanks.
  12. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Devs, we will see what happens pretty soon. A lot of people are guessing,
    but maybe there's not so much guessing.
    And i'll look into.. and maybe give a thumbs up or something
    “Only If I Like It”
  13. gamma9 Level 30

Im.sure i missed it..but whats the new OP piece?
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Head. The style is Athena's helmet, which has been heavily requested since she first appeared in Amazon Fury Part III.