Dev Diary: Wonderverse's Open World

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Quick question: Is there only one raid in this next DLC?
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This isn't plural. Interesting.
  3. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Nice to see someone finally noticed those groups spamming open world bosses.for hours. I like the idea but we veterans know that 'the execution' is another story. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

So only one raid?
    • Like x 1
  5. LoganCaron Active Player

Nice to know you guys workinghard to give us the best experience possible now..what i needis that BVS Superman emblem back in game..loll and that blue composite neon looks great by the way..maybe only a blue composite without the neon would be cool too
    Love everything about this game..im in the game since sony hack and dont plan on giving up playing
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There will be the standard episode currency for gear and what's usually on the vendor. Then there is this additional currency from the world bosses for the other rewards mentioned.

There will be generator mods dropping like usual, but these on the vendor will be more better.

No consumables on the vendor right now.
    • Like x 5
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That's correct. We have doubled down on making the one raid fantastic, and have worked to provide these new raid-like experiences in the open world with all of the benefits and rewards mentioned in the diary.
    • Like x 10
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks for the response :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

I wanted a duo :(
    • Like x 2
  10. Whodini Well-Known Player

I love duos as well! I'm actually happy about only one raid...anything that allows me to play less when there are "real world" things to attend to lol.
    • Like x 2
  11. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I want to live in this map. Can you devs look into making a lair in the new map even just a dive size type.
    • Like x 4
  12. L T Devoted Player

Just pointing out that we're already not loot locked on open world bosses-- they just tend to drop things at a fairly low rate. I'm wondering how different this will really be.
    • Like x 2
  13. hero turner Well-Known Player

hmmmm... well since were talkin bout mmo and perhaps the fighting styles of martial arts and certain hand to hand combat moves will be changed to look and be more like martial arts, examples are better karate, juo jitsu, kung fu ect ect ect martial arts should be using better kicking punches hand movements, and hand combat style turns,swings,swirls twirls flips the ability to grab an opponite and toss him or her around like the barrels and other items able to pick up items to throw them or do a round house kick to knock an opponite or item down when near by or targeted, martial arts and melee moves with should go hand in hand,weapon combos should be worked on a little also , and be included in certain martial art, hand to hand combat and melee moves,it be nice to wield multiple weapons at a time example sword and shield, and the ability to wiels a sword and use it while holding a shield or other weapons,and new weapons like nun chuks duel or single handed, whips and chains to wield as weapons and the ability to pick random items up and use as weapons . I played a lot of mmos and the mechanics in those games represents martial arts moves, melee h t h combat ect ect down to a tee and DCUO has the potential to do the same with the graphics in the game esp in certain modes that the game has alreadyIm surprised that DCU doesnt have them programmed that way. Just sayin , but in all Im satisfied with most of the content and love the game so no matter what I ll be playin as long as the game is still active.
  14. hero turner Well-Known Player

I hope we will finally get a waist style gear that has Wonder Womans Lasso of truth hanging on the hip side lol
    • Like x 2
  15. inferno Loyal Player

I'm always excited for any new experiments in the game. Here's hoping everything works out.
    • Like x 3
  16. Belthazur Dedicated Player

So what about Elite Raids? Will this also be included.
    No Duo?
  17. Magician Dedicated Player

Will you be having a livestream showing off content or vendor styles, anything? I miss those
    • Like x 1
  18. Hyppoli Well-Known Player

Are you going to take measure so we dont get impacted by a massive lag.
    • Like x 4
  19. Gabriel ct8 New Player

I appreciate the idea of a new boss word mechanics , but we need more difficult containment to run and spend time on it. A SURVIVAL MODE would be nice in the middle of the DLC.
    You devs already got the algorithms, just change the CR of the boss and put in the game. Where is oan, HH , trigon, fos SURVIVAL ?
    Most of the people finish the DLC in 2-3 week's , max Cr and feats done. The SURVIVAL MODE could be a way to keep people playing .
    • Like x 1
  20. Brit Loyal Player

With the realignment of what content an Episode should contain, could we also see a realignment of how many of each catalyst is required to get the OP item. Justice League Dark seemed to have it perfect where it was attainable by a single character running everything on every lootlock. Metal and BoP seem to require running at least 2 characters in order to collect enough catalysts for a single character to get the OP item.
    • Like x 5