DESERTER

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Burnt, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Senshirou Committed Player

I'm guessing the new system will assume freezing, disconnections, or anything of that nature as deserting. So no, in the end increasing the penalty is not good. But seeing as they decided to do this due to the cries of the 1v1 lair battles quitters I guess I'll have more time to finish/play games that I haven't touched/stopped playing since most likely this will effect PVE que's as well. Oh well.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Kitsune New Player

I agree. IF the system cannot make a determination between a dc and a Manual quit then leave it as is.
  3. Burnt New Player

I agree and I like what they have in mind about the time getting longer with more quitting. I just hope they can tweak it so you get the penalty when actually leaving a group not a que.
  4. Spike New Player

But it is my own choice if i want to play before this oponent or not. For this situation exist button LEAVE INSTANCE. It is personal choice, i dont want to fight, so i leave. Nobody cant tell me what i must to do.
  5. Burnt New Player

True, we have the right to leave if we wish but if we do a penalty should be given. I say this because low level players do need complete groups to finish content or leaving PvP players short handed is just wrong. Getting a penalty for leaving a que before entering anything seems a little harsh.
  6. The Doctor Loyal Player

I read fine. You confirmed the queue. Tough it out and run the arena. By declining at that point you're wasting people's time.
  7. Burnt New Player

Wrong again, I did not co firm the que. When it popped I noticed I qued wrong and rather than leaving the instance I un-qued. Theres a button that says "LEAVE QUEUE" for just such an occasion. If they don't want us to leave a que (not an instance) the button should be removed.
    Anither thing, this was not an arena or anything else having to do with PvP and I am by no means wasti g anyone's time. I was actually tryi g to avoid doing so by being responsable. So again, your reading skills are lacking.
  8. Villain Smasher New Player

You sure about that?
  9. The Doctor Loyal Player

You queued an instance. It popped. You left and made the other people wait for matchmaking, again. Accident or not, you wasted their time. I'm done with this, good day.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

By the time the queue pops, the game has already paired you up with other people. Leaving at that point slows them down. What we have here is a hot-stove scenario. You accidentally touched it and it hurt your fingers. You won't likely do that again...or at least you won't likely do it often. Thanks to that hot-stove, fewer players are getting their legitimate queues slowed down. It's a good thing overall...even if it is a bummer for you on what should be very rare circumstances.
  11. The Doctor Loyal Player

Guessing reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths either seeing as how the OP said he had two options. Leaving the queue or walking out on the group. I proposed a third option of running the instance. Get better son. Now I'm REALLY done replying.
  12. Blazing Sun New Player

If you go to the loading screen and are in the Entrance of the arena and you see the timer counting down then you did go into the instance! Also it is hard to generalize the American school system ( I'm assuming you meant American as in the continent) since I have been a bit in the Jamaican and have been in the Canadian school system and have interacted with people in the US school system and I got to say it is very different and very ignorant of you to group them all as the same
  13. Burnt New Player

Another honor student. I NEVER entered the instance. I was still in my base when I canceled the que and still got the deserter penalty. Is that clear enough for you? I've been in a few school systems as well and my finding is that Japan and England both top our school systems here in the US Im not as ignorant as you may think but you are entitled to your opinion. Thank you for posting here.